It is no new news that Quickbooks is the most prominent accounting software in the market. It is highly popular among small and medium-sized businesses. The reason behind this is that Quickbooks provides top-class features to its users. Yes! the upgrades QB brings with the passage of time are really appreciable. This truly helps the software to stay at the top of the game. Quickbooks is particularly ravishing in tasks like tracking finances, organizing sales, and assisting with invoices. We can see the brilliance of this software in every feature it possesses. Despite its perfection, QB users like you and me have to face some errors once in a while. It is sometimes disappointing as you have to hold back your important works. One such issue that haunts Quickbooks is the Quickbooks Won’t Open Error. It is an error that restricts the user from opening the QB desktop software.
Luckily, you have landed on the correct page. In this post, we will teach you how to eradicate my QuickBooks Won’t Open Error. So, without wasting any more of your time, let’s get this error fixation started.
Why won’t QuickBooks open?
Some of the reasons behind QuickBooks won’t open company files are mentioned below.
- Your company name could be very long.
- There is a chance that the hard drive you are using is corrupted.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- The QBWUSER.INI file could be damaged.
- The operating system could be outdated.
What are the Symptoms that Indicate the Presence of QuickBooks Won’t Open Error?
- Your QB software keeps freezing.
- The QuickBooks company file doesn’t open.
- The Windows operating runs very slow.
- Your computer screen gets hung every now and then.
- Another indication is that your computer does not respond on time to the keyboard and mouse inputs.
We know the cause and symptoms of this error, it is time for us to understand the solutions to this error.
What are the Solutions of QB 2016 Won’t Open?
These are the solutions to this error. Perform them each one by one carefully. Also, create a backup of your vital files to avoid any kind of data loss.
Solution 1: Shut down the QBW32.exe process
- To do this, First of all, right-Click on the Windows taskbar and then choose the Start Task Manager option.
- Select the Process tab. Now, you have to click on the Image Name header. This will organize the processes alphabetically.
- You have to spot and select EXE.
- Finally, select End Process to shut down the exe process.
Solution 2: Rename the QBWUSER.ini. file
- You will have to access the folder where ini file is located. In case you are not being able to trace it then simply enable hidden folders and file.
- After spotting the QBWUSER.ini.file select the Rename option.
- You will have to type Insert.old in the last file name.
- Now rename the ecml.file. You can now check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Solution 3: Repress QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- The initial step is to right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Hold the CTRL key and choose Open. Press the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window pops up.
- Next, open Quickbooks desktop normally and check if the error persists or not. If it does then move on to the next solution.
Solution 4: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
- Simultaneously hold on to the Ctrl +Alt + Del keys on your keyboard.
- Choose the Task Manager option.
- You have to select the Process tab.
- Simply, Right-Click on any of the QuickBooks processes.
- You have to hit the End Process button.
- You will notice a confirmation process. Now, in this select end all processes.
- Restart Quickbooks again.
- This time click on Repair QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Create a new Windows Admin User
- Firstly, open the Control Panel and simply navigate through it.
- You have to double click the User Account option then choose Manage User. Now click on Add.
- After doing this, type in the name and domain of the administrator. Hit the Ok button.
- If using Windows 10 then select Administrator.
- Finally, click on Finish. You will be navigated to the User Accounts dialogue box. Here, Click OK.
Solution 6: Restart the Desktop
You can try restarting your computer. Sometimes the previous changes and updates are not saved. By restarting your computer, you can easily establish these changes.
After the restart, check if the error still exists or not.
Solution 7: Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
You can use the very powerful repair package named Quickbooks tool hub to resolve this error. Quickbooks tool hub includes many nice tools which will facilitate eradicating this error. therefore let’s examine but you may perform this. The Quickbooks Install diagnostic tool is situated within the Quickbooks Tool Hub software.
- First of all, transfer and install the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Now, open the tool hub.
- Go to the installation issues tab.
- Here you will see a button named Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- Click Ok.
- The tool will begin a scan to look at the matter. it’s going to automatically observe the matter, therefore, repair it.
- You just ought to sit back till the error is resolved.
Solution 8: Clean Install of Quickbooks
As our drawback is that we tend to cannot to install the Quickbooks software package properly. simply just in case you’ve placed it improperly, you will look for a clean install of the software package. So, here is but you will have it off.
- Open Quickbooks Desktop Tool Hub.
- Now navigate to Installation issues.
- Click on the Clean Install Tool.
- The clean install will automatically subtract each and every Quickbooks connected file. It will then install the Quickbooks desktop software package.
We hope that you are now competent enough to fix this error using our article. If so, as a token of appreciation check out other articles on our website. They are going to be really productive and useful to you.
In case, you are still facing this issue. Do not hesitate to contact the customer care support of Quickbooks. The brilliant team will assist you in figuring out the solutions to this error. Till then Adios.