QuickBooks is legendary accounting software with a colossal user base. It is an American-based accounting tool developed by Intuit. QuickBooks comprises many great tools that have the potential to deal with your accounting needs on a daily basis. Not only that, but QB also has payroll functions and tax updations. A truly great accounting weapon that you want to include in your arsenal. In short, it is the only accounting software that you require to make accounting simple and sober. Despite being an epitome there still are some errors that users have to get familiar with on QuickBooks. As a QuickBooks user, you may encounter the QuickBooks Error ps033 at least once in your lifetime. This is mainly because of poor internet connectivity.
Another major reason that is hidden behind QuickBooks Error ps033 is the presence of broken files in the CPS folder. As a result of this error you neither will be able to update payrolls nor will you be able to access the company files.
This can be frustrating to you as all your work is dependent on this mere error. Albeit, this error is not that severe but it is still enough to shatter your accounting-related works. This is exactly why we have come up with a set of solutions. These methods can easily eradicate the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error ps033.
So, buckle up! Let’s not wait any more time because we have an error to solve.
Reasons Causing QuickBooks Error ps033
There are numerous reasons that can lead to this error. By having the knowledge of its causes you can cut this error off from its roots. You can also prevent this error from happening in the future.
- This error can occur if the QuickBooks Desktop is broken.
- It can also occur if the payroll subscription has not been activated.
- In case you have not updated the QuickBooks software to the latest version.
- There can be multiple active payrolls in the inactive Direct Deposit agreement.
- If you have used the wrong service key.
- Another reason that can lead to this error is the use of an invalid company file Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Wrong PSID can also give birth to this error.
- The Windows version you are using could be outdated.
How to fix QuickBooks Error PS033?
You have to follow each solution one by one until you get the grasp of the error that suits your condition. Also, do not forget to create a backup of your important information to prevent data loss.
Solution 1: Updating the Payroll
You have to update the payroll to resolve this error. Here is what you have to do.
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Now, you have to click the Get Payroll Updates option in the Employees tab.
- Next, select the Download Entire Payroll Update option.
- Simply choose the Update option.
Solution 2: Renaming CPS folder
- First of all, visit C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll.
- You now have to search for the CPS folder in the file destination.
- Simply right-click on it and choose the name option. Change the CPS folder to CP SOLD.
- Finally, update your QuickBooks payroll tax table.
Also Find: How To fix QuickBooks Error 15240?
Solution 3: Cease UAC
- To do this, firstly go to User Accounts. You can simply search it on the search bar of the start menu.
- Now, select the option named Change User Account Control Settings.
- Here you have to Disable the User Account Control (UAC).
Solution 4: Reboot your computer
Often comes the time when you forget to reboot your computer after the system or application update. The windows operating system needs to restart to save the changes. So, you can try rebooting your system to check if the error still persists or not.
Solution 5: Configure FCS
- First of all, you need to close the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Open the start menu and then select Computer. Select the option of Manage.
- From the left pane, you have to select Applications.
- Next, you have to select Services from the right pane.
- Next, you have to double-click on the Intuit QuickBooks FCS option.
- Choose Startup type from the general tab. Then click on Manual.
- Hit the apply option.
- Select start and then click Ok.
- Finally, Launch QuickBooks software and download the QuickBooks product updates.
- Also, update payroll tax table.
Solution 6: Update Windows
You have to update the Windows operating system to the latest version to make it compatible with the QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Click on the start option, in the search bar type the update option. Then press enter.
- Select the updater option from the results.
- Click on Check for updates. It will take the Windows server a few minutes to check for any available Windows updates.
- When the update appears you just have to click the Download and install option.
- When the process gets completed you will have to restart your system.
Solution 7: Update QuickBooks
- Firstly launch the QuickBooks desktop application. Now, open the help menu. Select the Update QuickBooks option.
- From the drop-down menu, select the latest version of QuickBooks.
- After the completion of the update, restart your computer.
These were the methods to eradicate the ps033 QuickBooks Error. Hopefully, they were intact to fix the issue you are facing. Do not forget to check out other articles on our website. They are going to help you in many ways.