QuickBooks is the most widely used accounting software, with complex capabilities like tax filing, invoice creation, and payroll updates. Quickbooks retains its position as the most widely used finance software in small and medium-sized enterprises because of these various dynamic characteristics. Quickbooks offers a variety of services for employees, including time tracking and electronic money. Intuit not only provides this useful service to its users but also a variety of additional tools such as the Quickbooks file doctor tool and the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool, which are used to fix various issues that occur in the system due to technological glitches. We’ll talk about one such Quickbooks clean install tool developed by Intuit in this blog article.
So, read to the top of the page to learn everything there is to know about this incredible tool, which you’ll use to find a sure solution to all or any of the Quickbooks desktop problems and troubles. Read the entire tutorial underneath to learn much more about Quickbooks clean install tool, how to use it, and why you should take advantage of its capabilities.
What Do You Mean by Quickbooks Clean Install Tool?
Quickbooks Clean Install tool is one of the tools developed by Intuit to determine different issues of Quickbooks desktop. QB clean install tool not only fixes issues that arise when opening or accessing company files but also assists the user in addressing any other Quickbooks difficulty. The utility is able to swap the QB desktop software as well as all of the other files required for the tool’s installation. Because the clean installation procedure does not contain anything that is shown inside the data, the solution eliminates the risk of losing financial data saved in Quickbooks. This gives the user peace of mind that their information will be protected. The user must follow a step-by-step procedure that includes uninstalling Quickbooks desktop for Windows, changing the installation files, reinstalling the apps, and collecting backup data.
The user will be aware of this dynamic of the Quickbooks clean install tool and, as a result, the procedures for doing the clean install after reading the full post here. So, if you are into the topic and want to know more about the clean install tool then reach up to the end of this article.
When does QuickBooks Tool Come in handy?
There are numerous events when a user can perform the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to ease their ongoing procedures within Quickbooks desktop.
- Despite several reinstallation efforts, the device still displayed the same installation error
- When reinstalling Quickbooks does not address the error issue that interrupts the ongoing operation, which occurs frequently.
- If a user on the network attempts to access several com[pany files at the same time.
Things To Consider Before Attempting Quickbooks Clean Install Tool
- It’s important to remember that the Quickbooks desktop download file, license numbers, and installation CD are all accessible. By hitting F2 and Ctrl + 1 on the keyboard, you may also get the product and registration number. As a result, following reinstallation, you won’t have to deal with anything related to logging in to the system.
- Now, try to make a copy of the company file to eliminate any possibility of losing the information contained in the system.
- The second step involves putting a flash drive into the PC for backup purposes. The user can make a backup using one of the two ways listed below.
- The first step is to create a backup of company files for open Quickbooks.
- Navigate to the file and select the restoration company item to assist in the creation of an area backup.
- Choose between local backup and online backup, depending on your preferences. Although, because of the flash drive’s rapid transfer speed, it is safer to save a large number of files on it.
- To complete the job of creating a backup of the data, select the Next option and follow the prompts.
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool: Downloads & Installation and Usage Procedure
There are many users who do not know how to download, install, and use the clean install tool. So, here we are, we came up with a tutorial guide that will help you to know the process of download, install, and process to use the tool on your own.
1: Download & Installation Process
- Download the tool from the site of Intuit
- And save the Quickbooks Clean Install Tool on your system.
- Now run the downloaded file on quickbooks_clean_install_tool.exe for the installation process.
- Open the program.
- On the licensing agreement, click on the I accept tab.
- Select the desktop version of Quickbooks and click the Continue button.
- When the message “Quickbooks is ready to try a clean install and you’ll install this to the default directory” appears in the window, choose OK.
2: Process To Use the Tool To reinstall Quickbooks desktop
Before reinstallation the software you are required to uninstall the tool first and then go for the reinstallation of Quickbooks desktop through the clean install tool
1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- The user must first launch the Run window (Windows + R) before proceeding.
- To enter the control panel, press the OK button on the panel option
- Select Programs from the drop-down menu under the Programs and Features item.
- Choose Quickbooks from the list of applications and remove an alternative.
- To complete the job, follow the onscreen directions exactly as they are written
2: Rename the Name of the Installation folder
The user should rename the downloaded files and the location of the folders to reflect the hidden files in the system. The user may quickly access and recognize the old folder while creating the new one by adding old or damaged phrases to the folder name endings.
- Look for file explorer under the Start menu.
- To begin, open the file explorer.
- Now access the folder containing the company files.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- After you’ve located the folder, right-click on a similar one and select rename.
- You are required to add OLD at the end of the name of the file to create a difference between the new folder and the old folder.
- Finally, the user can reinstall Quickbooks on his or her computer.
3: If the user faces the error that reads the access denied while renaming the folder
- Navigate to the task manager by right-clicking on the Windows taskbar.
- To learn the processes chronologically, go to the processes tab and click the selected picture name column heading.
- After that, the user must select QBDBMgern.exe, QBDBMr.exe, QBCFmonitorservice.exe, and qbw32.exe from the top process tab.
- If the window asks you with the statement Warning- just in case you finish the procedure, it will result in unfavorable outcomes such as data loss and system difficulties, select “Yes”.
4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Insert the CD into Quickbooks desktop and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the program has been installed, you must input the exact product and registration number that you discovered previously in the system.
- Follow the on-screen instructions now.
- Select the Next option.
- The user must choose the type of installation, then click next, then install.
- Once the installation of Quickbooks completes, restart the system.
5: Collect and Create a Backup of The Data
- Attempt to obtain a QB software alternative install file.
- Remember to install the most recent updates for the version.
- The user must have the registration number on hand, which may be found on the initial package and in the purchase confirmation email.
- Enter the year and, as a result, the merchandise’s version.
- Once you’ve finished using the process, save a backup of the company file.
That’s the end of this article. Hopefully, the information is worthy for you and assists you to understand the clean install tool. Within the post, we tried to cover each and every piece of information related to this tool and keep the authenticity of this tool intact with the information. If you liked this article then let us know in the comment section below and do not forget to explore other informative articles on our website.