Nowadays, everything depends on technology for a good change. QuickBooks has become first priority for business owners because of its updated accounting features. It helps to save your time and efforts. But, with the latest features and new technology, it comes with some technical glitches that hinder your work-time to time. However, QuickBooks has the tool that resolved some errors in just a few clicks. One such tool is QuickBooks Clean Install Tool which can fix unrecoverable issues. That is why it is also known as a repairing tool.
Now, you know that this tool is very usable, you must be wonder how can I use it or what is the downloading and installing process. Well, let us tell you that it is a very easy process that we are going to discuss later in this article. We will also provide you the how you can use this tool. So, just stick with this article till the end, and you will get all your answer.
Brief Overview of QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
QuickBooks Clean Install tool is one of the tools developed by Intuit to determine different issues of QuickBooks desktop. This tool not only fixes errors that happen during opening your company files but also assists you in addressing any other QB difficulty. It can swap the QB software along with all the other files needed for the tool’s installation. Because the clean installation procedure does not contain anything that is shown inside the data, the solution removes the risk of losing your financial data saved in QBs.
The Clean Install tool gives you the assurance that your company information will be secured. You must follow a step-by-step process that includes uninstalling the QuickBooks desktop for windows, modifying the installation files or folders, and reinstalling your desktop.
Why Would I Need QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
QuickBooks creates many junk files into your system that might be harmful to your work as well as to your PC. QB clean install tool helps you to delete or uninstall those unwanted files that are useless to you. Following are some situations in which you might need to use this tool.
- Despite doing several reinstallations, the software still showed the same installation error.
- You need to use the tool when your reinstalling QuickBooks method does not resolve the error that stops the ongoing work, which occurs continuously.
- You must use this tool during opening your company files on the network host, and the error occurs.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error 3371?
Point to Keep in Mind Before Using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
Before knowing the usage process of the tool, you need to keep these below-mentioned pointers in your mind. If you don’t remember and you forget to follow, then the toll might be not helpful to you and you are stuck with your error.
- First and foremost, you have to create a backup file of your company file to prevent any loss of data.
- Ensure that you have all the necessary things with you like the download file of QB, license number of QB, and installation CD.
How to Create a Backup File?
- Firstly, insert your pen drive or your storage device whatever you have on your PC.
- Open your company file to copy it.
- Locate your pen drive or any other storage device, where you want to create a backup file.
- Now, choose the option paste and single-click on it to paste your company file.
- Your backup of the company file is created, and now you have to eject your pen drive.
List of Errors Resolved Using QB Clean Install
This tool resolves the below-listed errors that are related to installation and corrupted folders.
- QuickBooks Error 1722
- QBs Error 1311
- Error code 1618
- QuickBooks error 1603
- QuickBooks Error Code 1723
- QuickBooks error 1336
- Error 1612
- QBs Error 1310
- QB error 1328
Downloading and Installing process of the QBs Clean Install Tool
As we explored the importance of the clean install tool, you must think about downloading and installing procedure. Follow the below-mentioned steps that will help you to QuickBooks Clean Install Tool download and install.
- Firstly, you have to download the tool from intuit’s site.
- Then, save the downloaded file and save it in that place where you can find it easily without wasting much time. It is recommended to save the file on your desktop location for easy navigation.
- Now, open your saved file which is QuickBooks_clean_install_tool.exe.
- After that, move ahead with the installation process.
- Further, click twice to open it.
- Once done, single-click on the option I accept the license agreement.
- Here, choose your version of the QBs desktop, and then single-click on continue.
- Also, click OK to go further.
- Lastly, restart your system.
How to Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
Following are the steps to use the tool to troubleshoot your error.
Step 1- Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop
Follow the steps to uninstall the QBs software.
- First of all, access the control panel by pressing the Windows+R keys altogether.
- Then, navigate the Programs & Features under the programs section.
- After that, single-click on Uninstall a program choice.
- Further, Choose your QBs desktop from the list that appears in front of you.
- Lastly, follow the instructions that are shown on the screen to complete the uninstallation process.
Step 2- Rename the Installation Folder
You need to follow the below-listed steps that will help you to change the name of the installation folder.
- To start with, set your windows to display hidden files & folders option to see all the company files.
- Then, locate your taskbar to open your file explorer.
- Now, you have to navigate towards the folder of the QB installation that is available at C drive\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QBs location.
- After that, right-click on the QBs folder, and then choose the option Rename.
- To end with, type OLD at the end of the folder, and follow the next steps which are reinstalling the QuickBooks.
You may also visit-How important QuickBooks Database Server Manager is?
Step 3- Re-install the QuickBooks
Re-installing the QuickBooks software is the last step to using the QB clean install tool. Following are the steps that will help you to reinstalling your QBs software.
- To begin with, you need to insert your CD into the system.
- Then, follow the instructions that will show on the screen after inserting the CD.
- Now, you have to enter your license & product number.
- After that, single-click on the option next to go further.
- Once done, choose the installation type for the accounting.
- Lastly, you are good to go with your QBs software, restart your system to launch it.
Also read: QuickBooks Tool Hub: Detailed Review and Free Installation
We have mentioned a brief overview of a clean install, its need, and considerable points. We also provided you with the steps to download and install the tool. By reading this article, you know how to use this tool to fix your occurred error without any interruptions. We hope that this article is useful and informative to you and you are getting rid of your occurring error.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to do a clean installation of QuickBooks?
A clean installation of QuickBooks can help to resolve issues with the software, such as crashes, glitches, and slow performance. To do a clean installation, you will need to uninstall QuickBooks completely, then install it again from scratch. This can be done by following these steps:
- Uninstall QuickBooks using the Add/Remove Programs tool in Windows.
- Delete the QuickBooks folder from your computer. This can usually be found in the Program Files directory.
- Download QuickBooks from the Intuit website and install it again.
- Once QuickBooks has been installed, you will need to register it using your license number.
By following these steps, you can ensure that QuickBooks is installed correctly on your computer and that all of the files are in the correct location.
Q2. How to clean up undeposited funds in QuickBooks online?
If you’re using QuickBooks Online, you can clean up undeposited funds by following these steps
- Tap on the Gear icon & go to the Chart of Accounts.
- Select the option Undeposited Funds & choose View register.
- Within the section Ref No. and Type, choose the deposit.
- Tap on Delete & hit Yes