Software malfunction can be devastating, especially if you’re a small business owner or accounting enterprise. One hour of software failure can cost you money, time, and resources. Well, what’s the crux of the matter? Why am I here?
Today in this article we will try to get a grasp on the QuickBooks Error 30159 which has become the most encountered issue in town among QuickBooks users.
Payroll record is the main aspect of accounting processes of every business. That’s why SMBs and other accounting enterprises have paired their business processes with QuickBooks accounting software. This software offers hundreds of features that simplify complex accounting processes.
Although, we need to agree with the fact that like other software, QuickBooks software is also vulnerable to developing unwanted and unexpected errors, but QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 is one such error that users face every once in a while. If you’re battling your way to eradicating error 30159 in QuickBooks desktop, don’t worry we have got you covered. Read this blog post till the end to know how to fix this error and get your business back on track.
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Error 30159 Overview
“Can’t verify payroll subscription error 30159”, if in case you’re seeing this message on screen it means that there’s a technical glitch in Intuit’s server and it fails to verify the right user’s credentials. Other possibilities are:
- The payroll subscription might be disabled or expired
- QuickBooks-related files are not set up in a right way in OS
- Damaged or corrupted Windows
These are some of the primary drivers which can evoke Error 30159 on the QuickBooks desktop. Let’s discuss some other factors which can make QuickBooks vulnerable to getting error 30159.
What Causes QuickBooks 30159?
Your system might have a secret junkyard of damaged or dead files stored inside the Window registry. These files not only take up unnecessary space in your system but can also make your software prone to get damaged or corrupted. Such damage can directly emerge from various scenarios which are mentioned below:-
- Incorrect installation of the QB software
- QuickBooks installation is done but some QuickBooks-related files might not be downloaded completely in the Windows OS
- The software might be attacked by any virus or malware infection which might hamper security during the downloading process
- Registry files are important as they provide access to perform certain tasks on the system. Your registry files might not be installed or configured properly in the system
What Are The Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 30159?
There are different signs or symptoms through which you can determine that your system is encountering Error 30159 on the QuickBooks desktop. It’s essential to spot and eliminate the threat at the earliest, as underestimating this issue can make it worse with time. Here we’ve listed some symptoms that will help you to navigate error 30159 if it’s there inside your computer-
- Your computer will start QuickBooks crashes periodically
- The system will start responding very slowly
- System crashes and an error occurs when you try to run the program
- Your system will start freezing most of the time
- Poor performance
Is There Any Solution To This Problem? (Easiest Solutions)
These are subsequently tested solutions that are proven effective in removing the error 30159 in QuickBooks desktop permanently. Check out these solutions which include the following-
Solution1: Add The EIN In The Company File
The Employee ID number (EIN) is a kind of batch ID that the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) utilizes to track tax-related information. One reason why you’re facing this error is that you might have not added your EIN. As a result, you are seeing QuickBooks error 30159. To do this follow these simple steps mentioned below:-
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks software
- Now go to the payroll tab and select “Use my existing payroll services”
- You will see the account maintenance window
- Now select the tab “Add file”
- Click on the “Add Employee Identification Number (EIN)
- Carefully review all the information
- Once you’re done, click on the “Next” button
- Next, go back to the QuickBooks menu
- Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved or not
Solution 2: Your System Needs A Serious Overhaul
Your system might be working on an outdated or old version, and you need to update it. Running a program on an outdated version can evoke QuickBooks error 30159 in your system. Here’s how you can do this-
- For this, you need to first log in as an “Administrator” in your system
- Now click on the “start” button and then go to “All programs”
- Tap on “Accessories” and select “System Tools” and open the new Window.
- Click on the “System Restore” tab.
- Now search for the “Restore my computer to an earlier time” tab.
- Select the “Next” tab.
- Once you are done, restart your computer to verify if the issue is resolved or not
Solution 3: Scan Your System
There might be possibilities that your software is attacked by any virus or malware infection, due to which you’re seeing errors while running the program. Scan your system with reliable anti-virus software to fix this problem. Also, it’s essential to scan your computer timely because some viruses can sneak inside your system when you download the latest QuickBooks update from the internet.
Solution 4: Perform Disk Cleanup
Your system might be loaded with a library of dead or junk files. These files are of no use, and fill up a huge space of your system. Disk Cleanup can resolve this error. For this you need to-
- Type up Control Panel in the Search field and access it.
- Look for “Administrative tools”, and then select the same
- Select the tab “disk cleanup”, and you will see ‘List of drives”
- Choose the drive you want to clean
- You need to go to the list of files to delete junk files
- Select the files you want to delete permanently (Do this step carefully)
- Now click the Ok button and hit the “delete files option”
Solution 5: Try Windows File Checker
Windows file checker is the convenient and effective way to resolve QuickBooks error 31059. Windows File Checker option helps users to scan and restore damaged or corrupted files. It also safeguards registry and sensitive system files. You can also use Windows File check to resolve QuickBooks error 31059. Follow these simple steps which go like this-
- For this, you need to log in as “Administrator” in your system
- Select windows start- up- tab
- Now press keys Windows + R together
- You will see a run, type “CMD” in a box and hit enter
- A black screen will pop out
- Once you are there, type in SFC/scans and hit enter
- You have to wait for a couple of minutes for the process to get complete
- Once the process is completed, simply follow the instructions you see on the screen
- Your issue is resolved
- Restart your system and check if the issue is resolved or not
Solution 6: Restore your System
Restoring your system to a default position can also fix QuickBooks error 31059. For this, follow these steps which include the following:
- You need to select the windows icon to get started
- Type “system restore” in the search box
- Click on the same tab and now enter the password of your computer
- Now simply follow the instructions you see on the screen
- Once the process is complete, restart your system and check if the issue is resolved or not
There you have it! Now you have the list of all-time works methods to resolve QuickBooks error 31059. Although, if you are still facing issues while running the program, we advise you to reach out to the QuickBooks support team. Our experts will provide you with an end-to-end resolution of your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix errors in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks has hundreds of highly-advanced features that can help you to build invoices, monitor your cash flow, and pay your employee. But once in a while, QuickBooks users face errors while running the program. Here are the steps you can take to resolve some basis errors in QuickBooks.
- Scan system for malware
- Do disk cleanup
- Repair window registry
- Download QuickBooks Tools hub, it will spot and fix common errors
- Restart your system
Q2. How can I fix corrupted files in QuickBooks?
To fix corrupted files in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- Firstly, you need to go to the File menu
- Now look for utilities and click on Rebuild Data
- You will be on a QuickBooks information window
- Click OK
- Wait for a while until the tool repairs your file
- When the process is completed, select Ok
- Now go back to the File menu
- Look for utilities and click on verify data
- Let the tool scan your files to spot if there are any data issues
Q3. Can restarting your system resolve QuickBooks error 31059?
Restarting your system is a universal method that is proven effective in fixing not-so-critical errors. There might be some files running in the background that can trigger QuickBooks Error 31059 in your system. So restarting your system is the best troubleshooting method of all times.