QuickBooks payroll update is very beneficial for small and medium-sized businesses. It is a user-friendly payroll module combined with accounting software and comes with a variety of options. The necessity of automating all payroll, the businesses should invest in a system that automates all payroll activities. And in another word, QuickBooks payroll reduces manual payroll activities and can improve compliance while saving time. But there is some QuickBooks payroll issue that occurs while the user faces the issues in updating. So now, let’s know why the QuickBooks payroll update errors appear on your device.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Payroll Errors Occurs
- Billing information is wrong or incorrect.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks Company File.
- The QuickBooks software is not registered by users.
- In the payroll folder, the tax table file is damaged.
Lists of QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors
Here is a quick list of QuickBooks payroll update errors that occur, for your convenience
1. QuickBooks Error 12002, 12007, 12009,12029, and 12031
- This Update error occurs when your QuickBooks is Unable to connect to the internet.
2. QuickBooks Error 12152
- This Error occurs when there is a problem in the internet setting. Because of this QuickBooks takes a long time to connect to the internet and is unable to download.
3. QuickBooks Error 15240
- QuickBooks Update error occurs due to the misconfiguration of firewall setting, system date and time setting, or the internet explorer security settings.
4. QuickBooks Error 15270
- The error will occur when the file is missing.
5. QuickBooks Error 15271
- In this error, the update of payroll did not complete and the file is not validated.
6. QuickBooks Error 17337
- This error was caused by the misconfiguration of the internet explorer and the wrong SSL.
7. QuickBooks Error PS077 and PS032
- Unable to install the payroll tax table update due to this Error PS077 and PS032.
8. QuickBooks Error PS034
- This error is caused by an invalid tax table, wrong billing information, or a payroll file.
9. QuickBooks Error PS038
- When this payroll error occurs on the screen then a message will appear like “update the payroll because it was last updated in an older version with which some of the files can’t be opened”.
You may like : Different QuickBooks Update Error Codes & Solutions
Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error
There are the following methods to resolve this QuickBooks Payroll update Error, follow all the steps correctly to troubleshoot the error:-
Method 1- Change the Date and Time on your system
- From the context menu of the clock select “Adjust Date/Time”.
- Now, click on the “Change date and time” option.
- then, to confirm the selection press Ok twice.
- After that close and re-open the QuickBooks.
- At last, you have to re-run the QuickBooks for Payroll Update to check the problem is still occurring or not.
Method 2- Digital Signature Certificate Install
- In window explorer go to the “C:Program Files/Intuit/QuickBooks/”.
- On the QBW32.exe file right click on this and select the properties.
- Then, click on the ‘Digital Signature’ tab which is on the left-hand menu. Verify that intuit is chosen in the signature list or not.
- To get more information click on the Details option.
- Choose ‘View Certificate’ in the new open box.
- Then select the ‘Install Certificate’ in the certificate box.
- Click on the ‘Next’ until the finishing page appears on your window desktop.
- After that, select the ‘finish’ tab.
- At last, restart your computer and open QuickBooks before installing the new payroll update.
Method 3- Check your Internet Connection Setting
- Firstly, you have to go to the Help and click on the ‘internet connection setup’.
- Now, choose the option from the drop-down menu “use my computer’s internet connection settings to create a connection when this program accesses the internet”.
- After that, click on the “advanced connection setting”.
- Now, select the “Restore Advanced setting” option.
- At last, update your QuickBooks for Payroll Software again.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Common Error
There are some QuickBooks common payroll errors:-
- QuickBooks Error PS077
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS107
- Intuit QuickBooks Payroll Error 15102
- QuickBooks Error Code 15240
- QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors
- QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 17337
- QB Payroll Error PS033
- QuickBooks Error 30159
- Payroll Error PS032
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Common Error
All the below mentioned solutions are to resolve the common error of QuickBooks Payroll:-
Solution 1- On QuickBooks Run a Repair
- First, go to the Start button and then on ‘control panel’
- Double click on the “Add or Remove” button.
- Now, select the QuickBooks program.
- And click on the “Change or Remove Program”.
- Tap on the Next button in the QuickBooks Installation window.
- Go to the QuickBooks Maintenance window and click on the ‘repair’ option.
- At last, click on the finish in the QuickBooks Maintenance Complete Window.
Solution 2- Uninstall the QuickBooks and Reinstall it
- Firstly, go to the Start button and then select the Control Panel.
- Now, remove the following QuickBooks installation folders:-
- C:\Program File \intuit
- C:\Program Files \Common Files \Intuit
- C:\Documents and Setting \All User\Application Data \Intuit
- C:\Documents and Setting\All Users\Application Data \Common Files \Intuit
- C:\Documents and Setting\ All Users\Documents (Shared Documents) \Intuit
Solution 3- Rename CPS Folder
- Update your QuickBooks Payroll tax table.
- Now, open My Computer and go to the file “C:\Program Files \Intuit \QuickBooks20xx \Components \Payroll \CPS”
- The XX denotes the year of the QuickBooks version.
- After that, the user has to rename the CPS folder to CP SOLD.
- Check that the issue is resolved or not.
- Again update the QuickBooks payroll tax table and verify that error is resolved or not.
Solution 4- Disable UAC (user account control)
This UAC setting will change on window 10, 8.1, 8, and 7
- Press Window+R key together. And open the Window Run Program.
- Type in the control panel and tap on OK.
- Click on the user account and select the user account (classic view) option.
- At last, go to the change user account control setting and then select the option on never notify.
QuickBooks Payroll Update is not Working
The QuickBooks payroll update not working error occurs when the subscription of payroll is not active. And if you want to fix this error then you have to activate your subscriptions. This error is the most common error which will pop up on your screen anytime when you download the latest updates. When this error occurs then it will freeze its functions and create problems for the users. But there are some ways to troubleshoot all these errors and below we mentioned some resolutions of QuickBooks Payroll update not working errors. Follow the steps to fix this error.
Some Causes of this Error
- Used wrong service key.
- When it shows the Invalid Number Status.
- QuickBooks payroll file is updated.
- Invalid Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- PSID company file is invalid.
- The subscription is not active.
- QuickBooks software doesn’t have the latest version.
- QuickBooks data is corrupted and damaged.
Resolve QuickBooks Payroll update is not working
- You have to update your payroll tax table. Firstly go to the employee’s menu and select the get payroll update option then click on the link to download. If you still getting issues then rename the folder CPS to CP SOLD.
- Download payroll update in the safe mode. For this, you have to do shut down your computer and open your computer in safe mode. After downloaded successfully then restart your computer on normal mode.
- Change the Internet Explorer Browser Setting. Open browser internet setting and then go-to tools menu. Now select the internet option and the Advanced tab. After that choose to restore default or reset and click on OK to save all the changes.
- QuickBooks Desktop software repair. Firstly, open control panel > program or program and features > QuickBooks > uninstall/ change option > Repair option. Then follow all the steps and this will repair tour software.
In this article, we discuss the list of QuickBooks Payroll update & QuickBooks Payroll update not working. I hope this article will be useful for you and help you to resolve all QuickBooks payroll update errors. If you have any other related issues then visit our other posts also.