I hope your journey of using QuickBooks is going well. As it is saving your time and increases your productivity. But suddenly while downloading any QuickBooks files you were facing an error. And that error is QuickBooks Error 6143. It might be possible that you may not be able to find any solution and you start worrying about how to solve it.
Then you are on the right page as we are going to provide you with all the causes, indications, and solutions that help you to get rid of it. After reading our article you will be relaxed and tension free as you will get all your answers in a very simple way. So without further delay. Let’s begin.
QuickBooks Error Code 6143 Overview
QuickBooks error code: 6143 is one of the errors of QuickBooks that you will see when there is any corruption in company files or when QuickBooks is not installed properly. A message will pop up on the screen stating “Sorry! Something went wrong! Please try starting over.”
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Codes -6143 -301
Here are the causes that you face while getting QuickBooks error code: 6143:
- Your file is being attacked by any malware or virus.
- If any important component is missing in the company file.
- In case you have received a new credit card and bank try to reconnect again.
- Any application or hardware is not installed properly.
- While making entries, your windows registry gets damaged.
Indications of QuickBooks Error 6143
Following are the indications that help you to identify the reason for QuickBooks data error 6143:
- When your PC gets turned off frequently while installing company files.
- The system is not functioning well and suddenly your QuickBooks crash between work.
- It might be possible you will see an error message.
- You may not be able to proceed further and windows get frozen.
- Records maintained get damaged.
Latest Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6143
We have seen the causes and indications now it’s time to have a look into the solutions that help to fix QuickBooks Error 6143:
Solution 1: Configure Antivirus and Firewall Software
By setting up an antivirus and firewall in your software you can protect your PC from any virus. This will make your system work smoothly and free from error.
- Go to the Windows Start option.
- Type Windows Firewall into the search box and then open it.
- Choose Advanced Setting and click on Inbound Rules.
- After that tap on Port and select Next.
- At last, make sure that TCP is selected.
Solution 2: Turn off all QuickBooks Processes
Closing all your QuickBooks processes can help you to fix this error as it will not make any unwanted changes or no one can change your accounting entries. Overall it will protect your QuickBooks.
- Firstly, Sign up as an admin.
- Then hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the task manager.
- You will see the process running in the background.
- Once the process is done, turn off all tabs related to the QuickBooks task.
- You can also do the above step by just clicking on the End task tab.
- At last, close all QuickBooks processes.
Solution 3: Change the Name .ND and . TLG files
Sometimes by changing the name of the company files you may not face this issue. So if the above solutions didn’t work, try to use this solution to get rid of QuickBooks error 6143.
- Firstly, open the folder that contains the company file.
- Then find files with extensions .ND and . TLG.
- After that, rename each file and wait for a few minutes till the process is finished.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks again and try to log in to the company file.
Solution 4: Try to Open up a Sample Company File
Opening a sample company file will help you to test if the error is arising because of an issue in the company file or if there is an issue in the application. In case your company file is not opening then it is a sign that the wrong installation is done.
- Tap on a sample company file under the No company open window.
- After that choose a list of sample company files.
- Then open your file in your local area.
- If errors still exist then you need to repair the QuickBooks installation.
We have outlined the best solutions that will help you to fix QuickBooks Error code 6143. But despite that, if you were facing any issues then we are here. You can contact us anytime and feel free to ask anything in case you face any trouble. Our team of assistants will teach you step by step.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How to fix an error in QuickBooks?
Answer- Just follow these simple to fix errors in QuickBooks:
- First download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Update your Windows to the latest version.
- Try to fix Windows components remotely.
Q2. What are the reasons behind unrecoverable errors in QuickBooks?
Answer- The reason behind it was due to damage in data or QuickBooks is not updated or your PC is not working properly.