QuickBooks users have to face a bunch of errors at certain times. It can be overwhelming especially when you don’t know the solutions to them. One such error is the QuickBooks error 6000 80. Fortunately, we are here to help you out in this difficult situation.
In this article, you will find each and every possible solution for this error. Also, we will discuss this error in detail along with its causes. So, without further ado let’s jump straight into it.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80?
The QuickBooks error -6000 -80 occurs while opening or creating a company file in the QuickBooks desktop software. Generally, this error occurs when a remote user is logged in with single-user mode. There are several reasons that can cause this error. So, let’s have a look at what they are.
What causes QuickBooks Error 6000 80?
The possible reasons for this error have been listed here.
- A QuickBooks company file could be damaged.
- This error can happen if QuickBooks is not being able to connect with the server.
- If you attempt to convert the company file over a network instead of a local hard drive.
- In case there is data damage or data missing in the company file.
How to identify QuickBooks Error 6000 80?
There is a certain number of indications that make us aware of the presence of this error. So, here they are.
- You will see a message box with the QuickBooks error code 6000 80 on it.
- You will no longer be able to check your financial records.
- Your QuickBooks software will have a delay in responding.
- You may experience data loss in your company files.
Now that we know the symptoms and causes of this error, it is time for us to understand the methods to resolve it. So, let’s get into it!
You may like to visit: Easy Steps to fix QuickBooks Error ps033
Solutions of QuickBooks Error 6000 80
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks
Sometimes these kinds of errors occur because your QuickBooks software is not up to date. So, you simply have to update it to the latest version available. You can do this by performing these steps.
- In order to update the QuickBooks desktop, open the help menu. Now, click on Update QuickBooks.
- You will see a menu with a list of options available. Select the latest version of QuickBooks.
- After the completion of the update, reboot your computer to save the changes.
Solution 2: Copy the backup of the company files
You have to copy the company file or the backup file to a local hard drive. Then, you have to restore all the company files and backup files to their actual location.
You May Also Like: QuickBooks Error 15222 : Payroll Update Error Troubleshooting Guide
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
The QuickBooks file doctor is a great resolving tool that we can use to repair your issue. There are actually two ways to use the QuickBooks file doctor. Either you can download the independent QuickBooks file doctor tool or you can use this file doctor from the QuickBooks Tool hub. Here we will talk about how to use it from the QuickBooks tool hub.
- The initial step is to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub software.
- Now, go to your desktop and start the tool by clicking the desktop icon.
- You need to click the Programs tab.
- Here you have to click on the run file doctor button.
- You have initiated the file doctor. The tool will automatically detect the issue and then resolve it.
Solution 4: Update all workstations
In case you have hosted the file in multiple workstations. You will have to update all the workstations to the latest version of QuickBooks. This will allow the software to sync data collectively. Eventually, your error will be resolved.
Solution 5: Configure Firewall settings
There are several instances when your firewall blocks the functioning of the QuickBooks desktop. You have to modify the settings in such a way that it does not block the performance of QuickBooks and QuickBooks updates. Here is a general instruction for all kinds of browsers.
- Open your default browser.
- Now, select tools and go to firewall settings.
- Next, within the firewall settings go to exceptions.
- You will have to include these exceptions.
Solution 6: Give QuickBooks admin rights
You can try running the QuickBooks software as an admin. In case, some other software is blocking the functioning of QuickBooks – by giving admin rights QuickBooks will have an upper hand. This in turn can solve the issue you are facing. Here is how you can do this.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Select, run as an administrator. If prompted by a warning message, select yes.
Solution 7: Third-party applications
The third-party applications can often block the working of QuickBooks. You can simply check which these applications are and then either disable them or uninstall them temporarily. This will allow QuickBooks to get rid of this error.
These were the solutions to QuickBooks 6000 80 error. Hopefully, we could resolve your problem. Do check out other articles by us. They will surely be helpful and productive for you.