Did you know? Like us all, Quickbooks also has a doctor. Yes! interestingly, Quickbooks’ doctor is a company file diagnostic tool and it is called Quickbooks file doctor. This tool can easily cure all the Quickbooks company file-related issues in just a matter of time. Quickbooks File Doctor is a tremendous tool with amazing capabilities.
You can use the Quickbooks file doctor when you experience any file damage or data loss. File doctor can smoothly detect and resolve these kinds of issues. In this post, you will get to understand each and every subtle detail about the QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get straight into it.
What is Quickbooks File Doctor?
Quickbooks file doctor is a company file issue detecting tool that is also capable of rectifying the said issue. Quickbooks file doctor scans the company file in which you are facing the issue and then repairs the company file. So, basically, you can scan the Quickbooks company files in which you are experiencing the error or issue. Quickbooks File doctor will try to detect the company file issue and then will repair it.
What issues and errors can be rectified using this tool?
- The following errors can be solved using Quickbooks file doctor.
QuickBooks error 6000 80 Quickbooks error 77 Quickbooks error 6073 Quickbooks error -6190 -816 Quickbooks error 6177 Quickbooks error 6175
- Some network errors can also be eradicated.
- The file doctor can repair the completely damaged company files.
- Corrupted data can be retrieved.
Different versions of QBFD
There are two types of file doctor tool which are available on Intuit’s official website. The versions are:
- In-built version
- Stand-alone version
This version of Quickbooks File doctor is available in the Quickbooks Desktop 2016 and later. So, you can get the in-built version in these versions of Quickbooks.
The stand-alone version of the QBFD can only be used by the servers that have activated the Quickbooks Database Server Manager. This is done for hosting and connectivity purpose.
So, let’s see how you can download the stand-alone version of the QBFD.
How to download Quickbooks File Doctor?
Here is how you can download the stand-alone version of QBFD.
- The first step is to shut down all the Quickbooks-related windows.
- Now, go to Intuit’s official website and download QBFD
- After the download is complete, click on the setup. If prompted. click yes.
- The installation process will start.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
How to use QBFD with Quickbooks Tool Hub?
Here is how you can use the QBFD from the Quickbooks Tool hub.
- First, download and install Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- After installing Quickbooks Tool Hub, launch it.
- Navigate to the Company File section.
- Here you will a green button named run Quickbooks file doctor.
- Click on the button.
- Browse the company file in which you are facing the issue.
- Select the file.
- The file will initiate the required scan.
- Now, if any errors are detected, they will be displayed on your screen.
- Click the repair button to eradicate the issue.
This is how you can use the Quickbooks File doctor in Quickbooks Tool Hub.
How to use the in-built version of QBFD?
- First of all, open the Quickbooks desktop software. Don’t open the company file yet.
- Now click the File option from the upper pane. Next, click on Utilities.
- Here, you will notice a tab named Repair file and Network problems. Click on it.
- You will have to browse the company file in which you were facing the error or issue.
- Click on Show Advanced Settings.
- You will be able to see a list of issues. Select the most pertinent one.
What are the shortcomings of File Doctor?
There are a few shortcomings in the QBFD let’s see what they are.
- Just like every other repairing software, File Doctor also has certain drawbacks and shortcomings.
- The file doctor demands a very strong connection to the internet for proper functioning.
- The maximum company file size is just 2 GB in the File Doctor.
- You will have to log in as an administrator to run file doctor.
- You don’t get an option to turn off the network diagnosis and Quickbooks file repair.
How much does this software cost?
Luckily, if you have purchased the Quickbooks Desktop software, you won’t have to pay for the QBFD
Every subtle detail about QBFD has been included in this post. Hopefully, we were able to cover everything you were looking for. We hope that you will check out other articles on our website. You will find almost everything related to Quickbooks on QB error. The posts will be really productive and enlightening for you.