Did you know? Like us all, QuickBooks also has a doctor. Yes! interestingly, QuickBooks doctor is a company file diagnostic tool and it is called QuickBooks file doctor. This tool can easily fix all the QuickBooks company file-related issues in just a matter of minutes. QuickBooks File Doctor is a tremendous tool with amazing capabilities to fix issues and errors.
You can use the QuickBooks file doctor when you experience any file damage or data loss. File doctor can smoothly detect and resolve these kinds of issues. In this post, you will get to understand each and every subtle detail about the QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get straight into it.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks file doctor is a company file issue detecting tool that is also capable of rectifying the said issue. QuickBooks file doctor scans the company file in which you are facing the issue and then repairs the company file. So, basically, you can scan the QuickBooks company files in which you are experiencing the error or issue. QuickBooks File doctor will try to detect the company file issue and then will repair it.
Errors & Issues can be rectified using QuickBooks File Doctor?
The following errors can be solved using QuickBooks file doctor
|Error code -6150, 1006||QuickBooks Error H202||Network Related errors||Quickbooks error 6123|
|Error code 6000 80||Quickbooks Error Code H505||Quickbooks Error 6129||Quickbooks error 6073|
|Error code -6000 -301||Different types of H series errors||Missing or blank vendor, customer or employee lists||Quickbooks error code 6210 0|
|QB Error Code -6000 -305||QuickBooks database server manager related bugs||Malware Attack Hard Drive||Quickbooks error 6190 and 816|
|Other 6000 Series Errors||Unable to open QuickBooks Company File||Installation Errors||Quickbooks error 6177|
|QB Error 6147 or –6130||Quickbooks Error 6175||Configuration Issues in Firewall Port||Quickbooks error code 6189 and 816|
|Damaged Company files||Damaged Windows Registry||Error in Updating QuickBooks||Quickbooks error 6177|
- Some network errors can also be eradicated.
- The file doctor can repair the completely damaged company files.
- Corrupted data can be retrieved.
How compatible is QuickBooks file doctor?
Below are listed some of the pointers that define the compatibility of the tool.
- The tool helps in accessing the QB file which is placed on another system.
- Resolve the issues related to H series like Error H101, H202, H303, and H505.
- Some 6000 error series like QuickBooks error code 6000 82, 6000 305, and 6189 can also be tackled with this one tool.
- Assist you in preparing the backup of the QB file.
Different versions of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool (QBFD)
There are two types of file doctor tools that are available on Intuit’s official website. The versions are:
- In-built version
- Stand-alone version
This version of QuickBooks File doctor is available in the QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later. So, you can get the in-built version in these versions of QuickBooks.
The stand-alone version of the QBFD can only be used by the servers that have activated the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. This is done for hosting and connectivity purpose.
So, let’s see how you can download the stand-alone version of the QBFD.
How to Download QuickBooks File Doctor?
Here is how you can download the stand-alone version of QBFD.
- The first step is to shut down all the QuickBooks-related windows.
- Now, go to Intuit’s official website and download QBFD
- After the download is complete, click on the setup. If prompted. click yes.
- The installation process will start.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
How to Use QBFD with QuickBooks Tool Hub?
Here is how you can use the QBFD from the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- First, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After installing QuickBooks Tool Hub, launch it.
- Navigate to the Company File section.
- Here you will a green button named run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Click on the button.
- Browse the company file in which you are facing the issue.
- Select the file.
- The file will initiate the required scan.
- Now, if any errors are detected, they will be displayed on your screen.
- Click the repair button to eradicate the issue.
This is how you can use the QuickBooks File doctor in QuickBooks Tool Hub.
How to Use the in-built version of QBFD?
- First of all, open the QuickBooks desktop software. Don’t open the company file yet.
- Now click the File option from the upper pane. Next, click on Utilities.
- Here, you will notice a tab named Repair file and Network problems. Click on it.
- You will have to browse the company file in which you were facing the error or issue.
- Click on Show Advanced Settings.
- You will be able to see a list of issues. Select the most pertinent one.
How to use the stand-alone version of QB file doctor?
- Try to install the latest available update of QuickBooks file doctor.
- Now, go to the Intuit site and download the tool.
- Run this tool now.
- Once done, launch the tool and carry out the installation procedure with the steps on display.
- When the tool is installed, access the Windows Taskbar.
- Hit the Browse button and find out the corrupted company file.
- Now, you will see some options, go with the first one when there are issues within the QB file and choose the second one when there are network issues.
- Enter the login credentials.
- Hit Next.
- Choose anyone from Workstation and Server as per your requirement.
- Tap the Yes if running QuickBooks server and vice versa.
- The repair procedure will fix the error.
- Just close the tool after that.
What to do if QuickBooks file doctor is not working?
You can troubleshoot the issue with the manual launching of the QuickBooks file doctor. Here are the steps to consider.
- Open the QuickBooks file doctor.
- Wait till you see another window named No Company Open.
- Move towards Files.
- Choose Utilities.
- Hit the tab named Repair File and Network Problems.
- Hit OK and Yes.
- Now, you will come across a wrench icon, make sure to hit Continue.
- Provide essential credentials and try to log in to the file.
- Start the application now.
- Thereafter select Advanced settings and choose file diagnosis only.
- Choose Next and access the file when you see a prompt.
What are the Shortcomings of File Doctor?
There are a few shortcomings in the QBFD let’s see what they are.
- Just like every other repairing software, File Doctor also has certain drawbacks and shortcomings.
- The file doctor demands a very strong connection to the internet for proper functioning.
- The maximum company file size is just 2 GB in the File Doctor.
- You will have to log in as an administrator to run file doctor.
- You don’t get an option to turn off the network diagnosis and QuickBooks file repair.
How much does this software cost?
Luckily, if you have purchased the QuickBooks Desktop software, you won’t have to pay for the QBFD.
Every subtle detail about QB File Doctor has been included in this post. Hopefully, we were able to cover everything you were looking for. We hope that you will check out other articles on our website. You will find almost everything related to QuickBooks on QB error. The posts will be really productive and enlightening for you.