Quickbooks is a majestic software that gives out elite accounting experience in a mitigated price range. Perhaps, this is why Quickbooks has been chosen by major brands to deal with their accounting tasks. Software like Quickbooks has everything one can dream of. Even the layman in accounting can easily handle tasks that were once thought to be done by people with masters in accounting. Anyway, Quickbooks does have glorious feathers to it but there are also some shortcomings. These shortcomings are typically called Quickbooks errors. The most common error that occurs in the Quickbooks software is the Quickbooks Firewall Error. This error occurs when the Quickbooks software can not connect with the company file because of the firewall.
We understand that this error can be overwhelming. Especially at times when you are in a super hurry to fetch your data. You can usually see the QuickBooks multi-user mode firewall error with an error message. The error message states that QuickBooks Can not Communicate with the company Files.
Don’t get all nerve wrecked seeing these kinds of messages. They are just messing with your head. Luckily, we won’t let that ha[ppen to you. With the help of this article, we will help you eradicate the license error Quickbooks in just minutes.
All you have to do is to follow the instructions given by us in the correct order. So, without sparing any more time let’s get straight into this.
What are the causes of Quickbooks Firewall error?
It is important to understand the possible and plausible causes of this error so that you can prevent them from happening in the future. Let’s have a look at what they are.
- You may not have updated the firewall to its latest version.
- There is a chance that the connection with the server gets lost incessantly.
- The Quickbooks Database Server Manager could have ceased to perform properly.
- The DNS settings could be incorrect.
Now we know the causes of this error. Let’s see what the solutions to it are.
What are the solutions to Quickbooks Firewall error?
There are multiple solutions to this error. You have to perform each solution one by one until you find the method that applies to your case. Also, create a backup of your important data to avoid any kind of data loss.
Solution 1: With the help of Quickbooks File Doctor
The Quickbooks file doctor is one true companion to resolve almost all Quickbooks errors. The File doctor can easily eliminate all the issues. It automatically detects the issue and resolves it to the core. Let’s see how to execute File Doctor.
- The initial step is to download and install the Quickbooks Tool Hub software.
- Next, launch the QB Tool Hub by clicking the desktop icon.
- Simply, choose the Programs tab.
- Now, press the button named run file doctor.
- A scan will start. You have to wait till it is over. The file doctor is in the process of detecting and resolving the error.
Check if the error still persists or not.
Solution 2: Update your Quickbooks Desktop
There are times when the Quickbooks software faces issues like this. During this error, you will see messages on the dialogue box like QuickBooks Database Server manager error windows firewall disabled exceptions not defined. In such cases, the best option is to update your windows. This is because the Windows operating system’s update packages come with undoubtedly new features. This includes bug fixes, interface changes, technical improvements, and much more. So, all you have to do is to update your Windows and this may help in rectifying the firewall error.
- Open the start menu, in the search bar area, you have to type the update option. Then hit enter.
- Here. Click on the update option from the results.
- Select Check for updates. The windows server will take a few moments to look for any new Windows update.
- When the update appears you will have to select the Download and install option.
- Restart your computer after the completion of the process.
Also Find, How To Fix Quickbooks Error 6177?
Solution 3: Configuring firewall Settings
It is no wonder that you will have to change the firewall settings to eradicate the Quickbooks Firewall error. You just have to make a few modifications and your firewall will be all set to work according to the Quickbooks settings. Let’s check how you can do that.
- The first thing you need to do is to open your default browser.
- Now, click on tools and go to firewall settings.
- Next, within the firewall settings, you have to navigate to exceptions.
- Finally, just add these exceptions to your firewall.
Solution 4: Check the hosting
In case you are using Quickbooks on multiple workstations, it is vital that you host the company file on just one Computer. Quickbooks Database Server manager turns on the hosting when the company file is scanned.
- Firstly, download Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- Also, you have to download the Quickbooks Tool Hub software if you already haven’t.
- Next, Launch Tool Hub and visit the network issues tab.
- Now, click the Quickbooks Database Server Manager button.
- Click on Start.
- The repair of network-related issues will be done.
Solution 5: Network Data File
Follow the below instructions to perform this method properly.
- First, you have to close all the Quickbooks-related windows.
- Now, go to the folder where your company files are stored.
- Here, find the file having the .nd extension. This is the network data file.
- Right-click on the network file and delete it.
- Open QBTH and run a scan with the Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
These were the solutions to this error. Hopefully, they enabled you to resolve the issue you were facing. Do not forget to check out other articles on our website. they are surely gonna be effective for your errors.