Quickbooks is one of the most prominent accounting software that we all love. The Quickbooks update error 404 is an error that comes up candidly on the screen. Usually, the update error shows a QuickBooks service message stating error 404 QuickBooks cannot complete this update. The major reason that causes this error is that sometimes QuickBooks flunks in syncing data with Intuit Servers ~ this gap in communication between the server gives the user a result of error 404. Quickbooks run time errors are popularly known as update errors, you should not get confused with the name because the error 404 can be named in different ways. Different people use different terminologies. We will just go on with the right and most appropriate one which is the Quickbooks update error 404. Albeit, some of the common alerts for Quickbooks update error 404 can be popped as these:
- Quickbooks service messages update error 404
- QuickBooks update error #404
- Error 404 QuickBooks update
- Error 404 pages not found
- Intuit error 404
Essentially, these are all the same error. In this article, we will elaborately talk about the update error 404 and we will help you in figuring out the permanent solutions to this error. So, without further ado let’s get into it.
What is Quickbooks update error 404?
The Quickbooks update error 404 is a sync issue error that happens when the Quickbooks Desktop cannot contact intuit servers. This error can happen in both QuickBooks Desktop and in the Quickbooks online. It comes with an error message which portrays the existence of error 404.
What causes Quickbooks update error 404?
This Quickbooks error is no different from the rest of the errors. You will see a bunch of signs that can help in detecting the presence of the error 404. Let’s check out the first.
- The web pages that you are trying to open cannot be accessed on the server.
- The URL you are trying to open has been banned for some reason.
- The error code keeps crashing the program window.
- Your system gets slowed down by error 404.
- A message box stating the error code appears on the screen.
Mainly, the update error 404 is caused by some local issues or anything of the same nature. Hence, all the background operations are ceased by this single error. The internet service has to go smoothly and flawlessly for Quickbooks to perform resiliently. We need to understand what causes this error so that we can eradicate it permanently. Also, you will be able to avoid this error from happening in the future. Let’s have a look at what the causes of error 404 are.
- The server and the page cannot be synced.
- The request for service is rejected by an expired URL.
- Commands which crashes often also can be a reason for the error 404.
- Uncomplete or flanked updates can also result in the Quickbooks update error 404.
- The application is not being able to read the components.
- The performance of your system and the speed of your internet are also a big factor in causing the error 404.
You can keep in mind these factors in order to keep this issue away. The user can always check if any of the above-mentioned reasons are causing the error in their Quickbooks software.
How to resolve the Quickbooks update error 404?
There are plenty of solutions that can help you resolve this issue. You will have to find out which one is going to work out perfectly for you. In order to do that you will have to try out each one of these processes until you get the component one. Also, you don’t have to keep trying the rest of the solutions after finding the correct solution.
Method 1: Test Network Connectivity
The user is supposed to check the bandwidth of their internet, as said earlier, most of the problem lies within the connectivity of your server and the web page. A crucial factor that judges this is the bandwidth and ping of your internet connection and it can also cause Quickbooks Error 1328. To carry out this process the user will have to follow these steps.
- The initial step for the user is to open up the frequently opened website in the default browser.
- If you are having any difficulty opening any of the URLs then you will have to refresh the internet settings.
- In case you are still seeing the prompts like no internet connection or anything pertinent to it then you have to try turning off and on your internet.
- If the user can’t access the URL still then it is recommended you contact the service provider of your internet.
- You can also restart your system and try again.
After completing the above-mentioned steps you can go and check if the error still persists or not. If it is not fixed then try out the very next process.
Method 2: Update Internet Settings
- In this process, you have to tweak your internet settings. Let’s have a look at how to do that.
- The first step is to open internet explorer and click on the Internet Options.
- Now, navigate to the Security section of the tab and then you will have to click on Trusted Sites.
- The user has to add *.intuit.com and *.quickbooks.com as one of the trusted sites.
- Finally, click on close and later on OK.
You have to open Quickbooks software and check if the error still exists or not.
Method 3: Update Quickbooks Software
This process majorly focuses on repairing and updating the Quickbooks software. To do this process the user will have to follow these steps.
- The initial step is to open the Quickbooks Desktop and navigate to the Help menu.
- Now, you will see the option of updating the Quickbooks software. You have to click on this option until the update gets completed.
- When the update is finished you have to shut down the Quickbooks software.
- Just open the company files and check if the error is still pertaining or not.
If it is still there then you will have to try this different option:
- You have to press the Windows+R keys simultaneously.
- In the run window, you have to enter Appwiz.cpl and click ok.
- Now, a list will appear and you have to select Quickbooks and click on Repair.
- Wait till the repair is complete.
You may now check for the existence of Quickbooks error 404.
Method 4: Configure System Settings
In this process, the user has to configure the system settings. This will help in boosting up the performance of Quickbooks. Without any delay, we will get into this as well.
- You will have to sign out your company files and then shut down your Quickbooks software.
- Now, you have to update your Windows operating system and then restart your computer.
- You have to open your internet explorer and then open the tools menu.
- In the tools menu, you will see the option of Internet settings, just click on that.
- Click on Advanced and navigate to the bottom of the tab, you will have to check TLS 1.0 and TLS 2.0, simply click on OK.
- Now, you have to close the programs running in the background.
- Press the Windows +R keys simultaneously.
- In the run window enter MSConfig. Click Ok.
- The user has to click on the General in the system configuration window.
- Now in the startup menu, you have to click on Selective Startup.
- Just restart your computer as a final step.
This will hopefully resolve your problem. You can verify this by signing into your Quickbooks Desktop software.
We hope that we could help in resolving this error of yours, if you are still facing the issue then you can contact the customer care support of Quickbooks. They will be able to resolve your issue.