Quickbooks is an accounting Giant with a keen enthusiasm for new accounting features. Given that, it majorly designed for small and medium-sized businesses, it is also used globally by well-established companies. The highlighted attraction of Quickbooks is that it is available for Mac users as well. Quickbooks Enterprise for Mac is an exclusively built software for Mac users. Intriguing huh? This definitely makes accounting super efficient, easy, and hassle-free. If we were to tell you some of the features of QB Mac in a nutshell then it would be automatic reminders in iCalender, time-pitched notifications in the menu bar, automatic sync of contacts, etc.
As the QuickBooks enterprise desktop for mac is yet to be popularized, you may find a hard time in the download and installation process. This is exactly why we have come up with this post. You will find everything concerning this very topic. Literally, head to toe. So, buckle up! It is time to learn this thing out.
Some things to remember before installing Quickbooks Enterprise Desktop for Mac
You must consider these tips before installing the Quickbooks Enterprise 2015 for Mac.
- Before installing the software you should check if the minimum system requirements match with the Mac version you are using.
- In case, you have accidentally purchased the windows version of Quickbooks then you have to fetch the right version of Quickbooks.
For license and product number:
- If you have downloaded the product, the license and product number will be in the email confirmation you have received.
- In case, you have purchased a CD, you’ll find the same at the backside of the package.
What are the system requirements for QuickBooks Mac Desktop?
- Your device should at least have MacOS 10.14 (Mohave) which is supported by macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- Intel processor with Core 2 Duo or above
- Multi-User Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run a server
- 2 GB RAM will work but 4 GB RAM is highly recommended.
- The disk space available should be at least 250 MB.
- A well-established internet connection with strong connectivity for the downloaded installation.
- Another thing is that the printer should be a 100% Macintosh-compatible printer. This will help to print the invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, etc easily.
- Product registration is a must.
- Export report information needs a minimum of Apple Numbers v3.5, and/or Microsoft stand out 2016 or later, as well as Microsoft 365.
- The E-mail needs Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, as well as Microsoft 365.
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021 supports unidirectional conversion to QuickBooks on-line.
- The QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021 supports unidirectional conversion from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2018 – 2020.
- QuickBooks Desktop for waterproof 2021 supports conversion to and from QuickBooks for Windows 2021
Now, that you know what the system requirements are, it is time to find out how to download and install Quickbooks.
Steps to Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
Follow these instructions for Quickbooks Enterprise for Mac Download and Install.
- Start with downloading QuickBooks Desktop software from Intuit’s website. You’ll skip this step just in case you have already downloaded the QB software. Visit the QuickBooks support website and opt for the MAC version of the QB software.
- In case you face problems whereas downloading the installer, clear the browser’s cookies and cache memory. Also, if the difficulty still pops up, then strive for another browser.
- Once the Quickbooks software is downloaded, visit the folder wherever the Desktop software is downloaded and double click on the QB setup, this can initiate the file extraction method.
- After the extraction is completed, click on Yes to all and so click on Next to start out the installation
- Here, the Software License Agreement will appear on your screen check that to scan it properly. If you agree to the terms and policies mentioned within the license agreement, then click the Next choice.
- Now, you’ll be needed to enter the license and Product numbers. Check that to enter the right data within the selected slots and click on the Next button.
- Here you’ll have to be compelled to choose the sort of installation. Following are the choices that you just can have a choice between:
Choices of QB
- Express: This can permit the installer to travel with the pre-instated set of selections. just in case you have got previous information on QuickBooks on your device, then selecting this selection can replace the alternatives.
- Custom and Network: In case you’re about to use multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop, then this selection are additional optimum. it’ll permit you to proceed with the installation with choices that will allow you to share information with alternative users on a similar network.
Also, Read about Missing Name List Problem QuickBooks Solved Once & For All
After this, you’ll have to be compelled to choose where you’ll be using QB Desktop (In case you have got elite specific within the last step, you can skip this step):
- I’ll be using QuickBooks on this Computer: You ought to opt for this selection if you’re not about to store company file on the mack within which you’re running QuickBooks.
- I’ll be using QuickBooks on this laptop, and I’ll be storing company files here: Users ought to opt for this selection if they’re about to store the corporate file on a similar system on that QB desktop for mack is being put in.
- I will not utilize QuickBooks on this mack, I’ll be storing our business file here: Users ought to opt for this selection if it’s used nothing however as a digital computer.
How to Upgrade or Convert the Company File in QuickBooks
In case, you have upgraded from a previous version of the QuickBooks Desktop to the Mac version, then you will have to update the company file in order to utilize the newer version. These are the instructions you have to follow to do this.
- The initial step is to open the company file in the newer version of Quickbooks.
- Now, when you see the tabs from QuickBooks to update or convert the company file, you will have to select the upgrade option.
- Next, hit the OK button,.
- You have to ensure the balance reports and accounts to determine if the company file is converted or not. This is how you upgrade the company file.
How to set up multi-user in the Mac version of QuickBooks
If you are someone who wants to access multiple users, then this is how you can set-up multi-user mode in Quickbooks.
- Launch Quickbooks software.
- Click on the Multi-user folder
- Now, you have to move the QuickBooks Server icon to the Application folder.
- Next, you have to click on the Authenticate to make changes to the application folder. Hit OK. You will also have to fill in your username and password.
- Again, launch the QuickBooks desktop. This time open the company file.
- Navigate to File and select Enable Multi-user mode to share the access of the company file.
Limitations of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
Though QuickBooks Mac desktop is a tremendous software system, there may be sure limitations at constant time. Such as:
No access to information via mobile: QuickBooks on-line (qbo) permits the user to access the information from mobile phones, however, this feature isn’t on the market in QuickBooks for Mac.
Limited technical assistance: Once the user purchases a Mac desktop, unlimited technical school support is provided for thirty days, however after the user can have to be compelled to purchase the support arrange.
Maximum 3 user licenses: QuickBooks for Mac supplies 2 user licenses and therefore the user can purchase an extra license solely.
How to Export, import, and edit IIF files
- Log into your Enterprise company file as the Admin and ensure you’re in Single User mode.
- Go to the File menu, then decide to select Utilities.
- Opt for Export, then Lists to IIF Files.
- Place a checkmark next to every item you wish to export. Then choose OK.
- Decide a location wherever you wish to save lots of the file.
- Within the File name field, delete the asterisk (*) kinda reputation.
- Click IIF Files (*.IIF) for the file type, then hit Save.
So, we hope that you were able to download Quickbooks Desktop on your Mac device. Do check out other articles on our website to find more interesting articles on Quickbooks. They are surely gonna be very productive and helpful to you.