QuickBooks sync manager is an amazing tool that enables the users to sync their data of QuickBooks Desktop with Intuit’s online server. Also, with other third-party applications. However, the QuickBooks sync manager error is an error that you will experience in the sync manager tool. The sync manager error QuickBooks usually comes with an error message that states that there was an error while loading the QuickBooks file from this path. It also tells you to contact intuit’s customer support to rectify this error. Well, we have saved a whole lotta time for you. Yes! here you will learn everything about the QuickBooks intuit sync manager error.
Not only that, but we will also discuss the QuickBooks Sync manager itself. You will understand this magnificent tool along with its working and features. So, basically, this is a complete guide article about both topics. The QuickBooks Sync manager and its error show the message of QuickBooks error loading sync manager.
Without further ado let’s jump straight into our first destination which is the QuickBooks sync manager.
Table of Contents
What is Sync Manager in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks Sync Manager is a kind of tool or program that works while the QuickBooks software is open. This program enables the transfer of data between the QuickBooks Desktop software and the cloud version of QuickBooks. It can also sync data between QuickBooks and other third-party apps.
Intriguingly, this program automatically changes the information and data whenever you make a change in the QuickBooks Desktop software on your host computer. Also, the changes will be applied to other versions of QuickBooks if it has already been synced with it.
In simple words, the sync manager does everything related to syncing for you. You won’t have to double perform the task. The sync manager will automatically detect the changes and when you open the online server you will find the changes easily.
Now that we know what sync manager is, it is time for you to understand what the QuickBooks sync manager error is. Let’s get into that.
What is a QuickBooks Sync Manager Error?
QuickBooks sync manager error is the error that causes the interruption or delay in the syncing of data between the desktop and cloud versions of QuickBooks. The sync error comes with an error message stating QuickBooks error loading sync manager.
Whenever this error occurs, it creates an obstacle, and QuickBooks doesn’t open issues. The critical issue that gives rise to the sync error is the damaged company file. It is also possible that any of the program files are missing. All of this consolidation creates the QuickBooks sync error.
To understand more about the reasons that cause this error – to avoid this in the future let’s understand the causes of QuickBooks sync error.
What are the causes of this error?
The reasons for Intuit sync manager error can be several. To get a clearer picture let’s have a look at them one by one.
- One of the windows components which are vital for the working of QuickBooks is missing or damaged.
- The stability of your internet connectivity is fluctuating due to some reason. This will cause the QuickBooks sync manager’s data transfer to become fragile.
- The windows firewall is blocking the data transfer and creating an obstacle for the QuickBooks sync manager.
- Your antivirus is not letting the QB sync manager establish a stable connection with the servers.
- Your computer is under malware or a virus attack.
- If the QuickBooks sync manager is not updated it will cause technical havoc.
- During the syncing process, the downloaded data could not be written to the QuickBooks company file.
What are the Signs of QuickBooks Sync Manager Error?
Whenever the sync error occurs in your system you will definitely get an error message. The error message may contain any of the following messages.
- The intuit sync manager was discontinued.
- An error has occurred there is a sync manager error QuickBooks.
- There has been an error loading file from the path intuit sync manager.
- The intuit sync manager has stopped working.
- Intuit sync manager is not working.
- QuickBooks sync manager is not working properly.
Not only this there are different error codes too. We will have a look at them to recognize the type of error that has occurred in your QuickBooks Sync manager.
Also Read: How to resolve Quickbooks Error H202
Different types of sync errors explained
These are the different types of sync errors that you may come across.
QuickBooks Sync Error 5_ 13944
This error generally occurs when the user tries to upload the data in QuickBooks. Usually, a network connection is a villain that tends to produce this error. You will have to access the server in order to resolve this QB error. There could also be an internal issue while you were uploading the data. You can try uploading the data again after a while.
QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7118
This is a completely hectic error. The core reason is that this error lasts for weeks. In order to resolve this error, you will have to make sure that your QuickBooks software is up to dated or not. If not then you will have to update your QuickBooks desktop software. You can download the latest version of QuickBooks from the official website of QuickBooks.
You can also try upgrading the Intuit Sync manager to the very latest version.
QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7300
This error occurs when the downloaded data is written to the company files. You have to update your sync manager in order to rectify this error. To do this you will have to open the company file. Then you have to choose edit and then preferences, Now, choose the integrated applications tab and later select the tab named company preferences.
QuickBooks 2014 Sync Manager Error
This is an error that takes place when the program file becomes damaged, corrupted, or missed in the QuickBooks sync manager. You just have to rename the folder in order to resolve the issue. You have to rename the Intuit Sync Manager as Syncmanager.old. After doing that you will have to open the QuickBooks sync manager. You will find that a sync manager folder has already been created. You just have to choose sync, this will sync all your company data.
These were the details about the different types of sync error codes that you will see on the QuickBooks desktop. That being said, it is time for us to figure out what the solution to all these errors is. We will take a look at all of them one by one.
Fixing the QuickBooks Sync Manager Error
You have to keep in mind that you have to try each of the below-mentioned methods according to the error code you are facing. It is recommended that you create a backup file of the QuickBooks company files before attempting the following methods.
Method 1: Renaming the QuickBooks Sync manager folder
The sync error in most cases can be rectified by renaming the sync folder. To do this you have to follow these steps.
- First of all, you have to close all the QuickBooks company files that are running in the background.
- Now right click on the icon of sync manager. After that click on exit to close the Sync manager.
- You have to find the sync manager folder in order to rename it. Rename the folder as syncmanager.old
You just have to try syncing the data again in order to check if the error still persists or not.
Method 2: Resolving the QuickBooks Sync Manager Error Code 17_7118
This error occurs because the QuickBooks company file is inaccessible. You have to carry out these steps to resolve this error.
- The first thing you have to do is to open the company file of QuickBooks.
- You have to select the edit option from the menu bar.
- From the left section, you have to choose Integrated Applications and from the right section, you have to select the tab named My preferences.
- Now, you will have to tick the checkbox in front of Intuit Sync Manager from Company Preferences.
- Finally, you have to sync your data in order to check if the error is still persisting or not.
Know here: Easy way to resolve Quickbooks Error 6000
Method 3: Time to fix the QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 5_13944
First of all, check that the URLs related to the functioning of the Sync manager are not blocked by the firewall or internet settings.
- The URL’s exceptions have to be configured with the firewall and Internet settings.
- The next step is to open the QuickBooks sync manager. You have to eliminate the crt file.
- After that, you will have to reinstall the QuickBooks sync manager.
- Try syncing the data again to check if the error has been fixed or not.
Method 4: Rectify QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7118
- You have to shut down the sync manager by pressing the exit option.
- Now, you log off from the company files and then shut the QuickBooks application.
- Simply open QuickBooks Desktop and don’t launch the company file.
- You have to update the QuickBooks Desktop to its latest version.
- Also, if your Intuit sync manager is not up to date, you have to update it to the latest version.
- You simply have to try syncing the data again. This will surely rectify this error.
Method 5: Fixing the QuickBooks Sync Manager Error on the Windows 10 version
When you upgrade your Windows from any other previous version to Windows 10 version, then you might encounter the sync error. This is because many of the components and frameworks essential for the working of Sync manager get either damaged or corrupted.
This error is fixable though. Let’s see how to deal with them.
- As always, the first step is to close the QuickBooks desktop application and the QuickBooks company files.
- Now, open the updated version of QuickBooks. This simply means you have to open the latest version of QuickBooks.
- After that, you have to right-click on the icon of the sync manager and then select the exit option. This will close the Intuit Sync Manager.
- You have to navigate to path C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Intuit to open the sync manager folder.
- Simply rename the sync manager folder as syncmanagerold.
- Finally, you have to restart your system and launch the QuickBooks desktop application again.
You just have to sync your data again to check the presence of the error.
Method 6: Configuring the settings of QuickBooks Sync Manager
Our goal in this method is to reconfigure the matrix of QuickBooks Data Sync and override the previously created logs. This will give us a whole new start.
- You have to launch the QuickBooks desktop.
- Navigate to the help menu. Now, choose Manage Data Sync.
- To reset the data sync you will have to choose the Reset Data Sync button.
- Finally, you just have to sign back using your login credentials.
Method 7: Reinstalling QB Sync Manager
We have to uninstall and then reinstall the program to resolve this error.
- Initially, you have to open the QuickBooks company file in which you are facing the issue.
- It is important to back your data up in any local or external disc.
- Now, open the control panel and then choose programs and features.
- From the list of applications installed on your device, you have to choose QuickBooks.
- Click on it and select Uninstall.
- Just rename each Intuit folder one by one. You have to press the F2 key to do this.
- Now, you have to download the latest version of the software from Intuit’s official website.
- Finally, install the software and then activate it using your activation code.
We believe that you have successfully troubleshooter the error using our techniques. We are glad that we could help you out.