QuickBooks error 6000 832 appears while the user is accessing the QB file. It falls into the category of 6000 series error code. The error implies some hosting issues within the .nd file that is used for opening the QB file in a multi-user environment.
As a consequence, the user would not get access to the company file. Thereafter, cannot see the essential information and data stored. If you are struggling with this error, then make sure to read this whole article.
QuickBooks Error 6000 832: Error Description
QuickBooks error 6000 832 is a multi-user error that resists you to access the company file. There are lots of solutions that you can try to resolve the issue like updating QuickBooks software and disabling the hosting of multi-user access from different workstations.
Error: QuickBooks Error 6000 832
Error Message: We are sorry! QuickBooks encountered a problem
Error Codes: 6000, 832
Causes That Bring QuickBooks Error -6000 -832
Outlined below are various factors and causes responsible for the issue.
- QuickBooks installation file is lost.
- The file has extension like .qbw, .qbm, and .adr.
- Antivirus and firewall blocking the QB files.
- Accessing QB files on different networks.
- Using another version of windows like Canadian and US.
- Incorrect permission for the network server.
- More than one workstation is used for hosting the QB file.
Various Solutions to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 6000 832
Now, we will be learning about the solutions that help us in troubleshooting the issue.
Solution 1: Examine the Hosting Status
- Initiate the procedure by pressing the F2 key.
- You will now be redirected towards the Product Information window.
- Make sure to navigate towards the Local Server Information.
- Examine if the hosting status is disabled or not.
Solution 2: Restore a Backup of the Company File
- To initiate, you need to access the Company File.
- Now, move towards the File button.
- Don’t forget to hit the utility tab.
- From the list, you need to choose to Stop hosting multi-user access.
- Hit the Yes button if you see the text “Company file must be closed.”
- Again, navigate towards the QB file.
- Move towards the top, copy the address and restore your file.
Solution 3: Access the Sample Company File
- Move towards the desktop screen.
- Now, you need to right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Thereafter, choose Run as an administrator while holding the Ctrl key.
- You can leave the key when No company open window pops up
- Now, you need to select the option named Open a Sample File.
- Just choose the files from these sample QB files.
You May Also Like: QuickBooks Error H202: Best Solutions to Resolve the Error Issue
Solution 4: Copy the QuickBooks File on Desktop
- Start the procedure by accessing the folder which stores QB files.
- Afterward, search for the file having QBW extension.
- Make sure that you right-click on the file and choose the Copy button.
- Now, move towards the desktop screen and right-click there.
- Consequently, hit the Paste option.
- You need to now access the No Company Open window. For that, press and hold the Ctrl button.
- Just leave the button instantly when the window pops up.
- After that, choose the middle option named Open or Restore an Existing Company.
- Move forward by accessing the file that you copied and pasted.
- Now, the procedure is done. Just check if the QuickBooks error -6000-832 is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Update the QuickBooks Desktop
- First thing first, close the QuickBooks desktop if it is opened on your device.
- Once done, perform a right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Thereafter, hit the tab named Run as administrator.
- Move towards the window named No company and choose the Help menu.
- From the options, opted for Update QuickBooks.
- Furthermore, put a tick mark on the box named Markall.
- You need to move forward by clicking on the Save.
- When the steps are done, choose the Update Now button.
- Consequently, hit the Reset Update button.
- Make sure that you choose the Get Update button.
- After that, close the QuickBooks software and restart.
- You need to now confirm the installation of the updates by selecting the box.
Solution 6: Renaming the .ND and .TLG Files
Through these two files, one can get access to the company file in a multi-user environment. As they can be corrupted so make sure to follow the steps below for renaming the .ND and .TLG files.
- The initiating step for you to do is to save the folder that has your QB file.
- Now, just access the file from there.
- Thereafter, try to find the files that have extensions .ND and .TLG.
- On each of the files, you have to right-click and choose Rename button.
- We complete the renaming process by adding .old at the end of the company file extension.
Solution 7: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Well, the QuickBooks database server manager is used for hosting the QB files. After completing the renaming, we will move forwards and scan the QuickBooks files.
- Firstly, the user needs to access the Windows Start menu.
- Make sure that you chose the All Programs tab.
- After that, hit Scan Folders.
- If no folder contains QuickBooks files then move towards the Add folder button.
- You need to confirm that the QB file has been found.
- Again, access the file.
- Also, enter proper credentials for signing in purpose.
Solution 8: Shut the QuickBooks Folder From Background
- Move towards the desktop screen and close all the running applications.
- Now, you need to access the Task Manager.
- This has to be done by hitting Ctrl + Shift + Esc button.
- Thereafter, a new window appears named Task Manager.
- Just find out the QuickBooks processes that are being used in the device.
- Now, click on the process and hit the tab named End Task.
- Repeat the same steps for other processes too.
- In the last step, you are required to switch to multi-user mode.
Solution 9: Examine Folder Permissions
To examine the QuickBooks folder permissions, you have to go through the instructions given below:
- Move towards the QuickBooks folder that contains the QB file.
- Now, perform a right-click and choose Properties from the list.
- Hit the tab named Advanced when the properties window opens up.
- Thereafter, choose the QBDataServiceUserXX.
- Make sure that you choose the Edit button too.
- Below settings must be enabled:
- Traverse Folder/Execute File
- List Folder/Read Data
- Read Permissions
- Read Attributes
- Create Folders/Append Data
- Write Extended Attributes
- Write Attributes
- Create Files/Write Data
- Read Extended Attributes
If the permissions are incorrect then make sure to follow these steps:
- Go to the folder having QuickBooks company file and right-click on it.
- Move towards the Properties tab.
- Thereafter, you need to tap the Security tab.
- Choose the Edit button now.
- Now, just select QBDataServiceUserXX.
- Make sure that you provide full access by moving towards Full Control.
- Hit Allow button and save the changes by clicking Apply.
- Finally, hit OK to store all the changes.
Solution 10: Disable Hosting of Multi-User Access on Different Workstations
If the hosting is available on a system other than the host computer. Then, make sure to go through the steps below and disable it now.
- To initiate, you need to access the QuickBooks desktop.
- Once done, move towards the File menu.
- Move forward by choosing the Utilities tab.
- You will see the option named Stop Hosting Multi-User Access. Make sure that you clicked on it.
- Choose the Yes button when you see the confirmation window.
- Conduct the same procedure on every other system having multi-user access.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What Does Error Code 832 Depict?
Error code 832 is none other than the QuickBooks 6000 832 issue. It generally occurs because of the damage.ND file. Due to this error, the user usually faces hindrances while accessing the QB file.
2. Does Update QuickBooks Help in Resolving QuickBooks Error -6000-832?
Yes, updating the QuickBooks software would surely help in fixing the issue. Using an outdated version can be the major cause of this error. So, always try to keep your software up-to-date.
3. Why Am I Denied the Access to QuickBooks File?
There can be lots of reasons that you are denied the path to the QB file. Like,
- Not providing the relevant permissions.
- Installing the wrong version of the software.
- The file name is creating problems.