QuickBooks is a top-notch player in the field of accounting software. It has everything that a user can ever dream of. QuickBooks can single-handedly defeat its competitors too with a huge margin. Despite being so perfect, still arise some issues that can bring down the user experience of QuickBooks. The QuickBooks Error Code 77 is one such issue. It is also popularly known as QuickBooks Error code 6000 77. The QuickBooks error 77 mainly occurs because of some company files issue. Another reason that can lead to this issue is the inability of QuickBooks to locate the path of company files. This means there could be some kind of an internal issue.
Anyway, we understand this issue can be a holla hooper of hectics for you. That is why we have come to help you. We will with the help of this article solve this QB Error in just a matter of time. All you have to do is follow our instructions. So, without wasting your time anymore, let’s get this started.
Table of Contents
What causes the QuickBooks Error 77?
There are multiple causes for this error. We have listed them all here.
- If your company file is stored on an external drive rather than on an internal hard disk.
- QuickBooks Desktop is constantly trying to open your company file.
- A third-party application or windows defender could be blocking the functions of QuickBooks. This majorly occurs during the multi-user mode.
- Another chance is that incorrect permissions were allotted to the QuickBooks Desktop software.
What are the solutions to QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77?
You are required to try out each solution one by one until you find the most appropriate solution. Also, don’t forget to create a backup of your company files to avoid information mismanagement. These are the solutions to QuickBooks Error 6000 77.
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks file Doctor
The QuickBooks file doctor is an incredible tool that can resolve most of the company file-related issues. QB file doctor is a tool that is inside the QuickBooks Tool Hub software. Here is how you can make use of this amazing tool.
- To do this, first of all, download and install the QuickBooks tool hub software.
- Now launch the tool hub.
- Navigate to the company file issues section.
- Here, you have to click on the green button named Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Browse the company file you were having trouble with. Click on the repair option.
- The file doctor will automatically detect the issue and repair it. You will be notified about it.
You May Also Like: Methods To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15241
Solution 2: Rename the Network data file
- Firstly, open the folder that contains the QuickBooks company file.
- Here, locate the ND file. It will have a .nd extension. You can spot it without much of a hassle.
- Now, Right-click on the Network Data file and choose rename.
- Add old in the name of the file. For example comanyfilename.qbw.nd.old
Check if the error still persists or not.
Solution 3: Conduct an SFC scan
A system file checker is an in-built tool that is capable of repairing corrupted files. You just have to perform the scan to eradicate this error. Here is how you can do it.
- First of all launch the command prompt.
- Now, type in sfc/scan now.
- Hit the enter key.
- It will take a few minutes for the scan to get completed.
- Do not close the command window till the scan has reached 100%.
Solution 4: Conduct a clean install
The clean install tool helps in eliminating the corrupted and broken QuickBooks files. You can simply clean install QuickBooks software to rectify this error. here is how you can do this.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, navigate to Installation issues.
- Next, click the clean install tool button.
- The clean install process will be initiated.
Solution 5: Disable antivirus
Antivirus tends to block the QuickBooks functions. So, simply disabling will do the trick. The third-party antivirus considers some of the QuickBooks functions as malicious activity. So, they move the file to a chest. This causes havoc in the QuickBooks’ working. QuickBooks Error 6000 77 can be caused because of this issue as well.
You can simply disable or uninstall the antivirus temporarily till the QuickBooks error code 6000 77 is rectified.
These were the solutions to QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77. Hopefully, our methods did the trick for you. If so, check out this article.