QuickBooks Error 6147 is an issue related to the company file which appears while you are trying to open the damaged or missing company file. This error is a member of the 6xxx series. It occurs when QBs can’t restore the backup file from the local drive or system. This can be triggered by so many causes that we are going to discuss later in the post. When you see error 6147, you need to ensure that your QuickBooks is updated to its current version in order to prevent the occurrence of the error. You will receive the error messages that states :
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your file.
We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin.
If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6147, 0)”
As you face error 6147, you deliberately wanted to fix this error as soon as possible. Well, don’t worry we are here to give all the information related to the error. We will also provide you with the troubleshooting methods that will help you to fix the error.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error 6147?
The QuickBooks Error 6147 occurs when you try to access the company file and it fails to open up. This indicates that the company file is either corrupted or damaged.
This error usually takes place when you try to restore a QuickBooks company file backup from a network drive.
What are the Reasons for Error 6147 0?
There are a number of reasons that can cause this error. Let’s have a look at them one by one.
- If the QuickBooks file is corrupted.
- When you try to restore the backup file from a network drive.
- This error can occur if the name of the company file is beyond the character limit of 210.
- It occurs due to the corrupted Quickbooks download.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks can also lead to this error.
- If the Windows registry file is corrupted.
- Your computer could be under a Malware or Virus attack.
- If any of the QuickBooks Desktop-related files get deleted.
What are the Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 6147?
These are the following symptoms of this QuickBooks Error 6147
- Your QuickBooks gets crashed by the error message 6147 0.
- Your Windows keeps shutting down automatically.
- The QuickBooks desktop application does not open.
- If the windows operating system is responding slowly.
- You are experiencing a delay in the response of Windows.
Now that you know the symptoms and causes of this error, it is time for us to understand the ways to resolve this error. Let’s get into that.
Solutions to QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0
There are multiple ways to solve this error, you just have to try out each method one by one. You have to do this till you find the most appropriate solution that applies to your situation.
Solution 1: Restore Your Backup File to Another Computer
- First of all, make sure that your system is not being hosted.
- Now, launch the QuickBooks desktop and click on the file menu.
- Next, select utilities.
- After that, click on stop hosting Multi-User access.
- Simply click on Yes.
- Now, in the window of the company file must be closed you have to click on yes.
- Then, restore a saved backup file.
- Lastly, casually check if the error still exists or not.
Solution 2: Use Trend Micro Antivirus
- Forst and foremost, download and install the antivirus.
- Next, launch the antivirus software and go to the settings.
- Now, choose the ignore path option.
- After that, you have to ignore the company file folder.
- Thereafter, you have to open the QuickBooks Desktop application while holding onto the Ctrl key.
- Now, the QuickBooks software will open up without any company files.
- In the end, hit the F2 key on your keyboard. Doing this opens up the product details with the company file folder path.
Solution 3: Use Rebuild Data
- First, open QuickBooks software.
- Then, click on the file menu and select utilities.
- Now, you have to select rebuild data.
- In case you get an instant backup to take company file data, click on Ok.
- Also, click Ok if you get Quickbooks is not responding message.
Solution 4: Trend Micro Active Scan
- Double click on the company file while holding the ctrl key.
- Open the software without launching any company file.
- From the window named No company opens select the company file.
- Make sure that the company file is on top.
We hope that your error does not exist anymore. Do check out other articles on our website to resolve all kinds of issues related to QuickBooks.