Quickbooks is a well-powered software with an amazing set of tools to assist you in accounting. It is also one of the largest accounting software with millions of users across the globe. Despite its impeccability, Intuit’s Quickbooks still has some errors that you can experience once in a while. One such error that you can encounter on Quickbooks is the Quickbooks Error 6147.
The Quickbooks error 6147 0 happens when you try to open a company or backup file but you are not able to do it. This usually happens because the company file is damaged, broken, or corrupted. Anyway, we understand that you could be frustrated because of this error. All we can say is, you don’t need to!
In this article, we will help you out in completely eradicating the Quickbooks error code 6147. Not just that, we will also discuss other aspects of this error in detail. So, let’s start the article with no further folder.
What is QuickBooks error -6147?
The Quickbooks Error 6147 occurs when you try to access the company file and it fails to open up. This indicates that the company file is either corrupted or damaged.
This error usually takes place when you try to restore a Quickbooks company file backup from a network drive.
What are the reasons for error 6147 0?
There are a number of reasons that can cause this error. Let’s have a look at them one by one.
- If the Quickbooks file is corrupted.
- When you try to restore the backup file from a network drive.
- This error can occur if the name of the company file is beyond the character limit of 210.
- If the Quickbooks download was corrupted.
- Improper installation of Quickbooks can also lead to this error.
- If the Windows registry file is corrupted.
- Your computer could be under a Malware or Virus attack.
- If any of the Quickbooks Desktop-related files are deleted.
What are the symptoms of this error?
Your screen gets crashed by the error message 6147 0.
- Your Windows keeps shutting down automatically.
- The Quickbooks desktop application does not open.
- If the windows operating system is responding slowly.
- You are experiencing a delay in the response of Windows.
Now that you know the symptoms and causes of this error, it is time for us to understand the ways to resolve this error. Let’s get into that.
Solutions to Quickbooks error code 6147 0
There are multiple ways to solve this error, you just have to try out each method one by one. You have to do this till you find the most appropriate solution that applies to your situation.
Solution 1: Save the copy of the backup file to another computer
- First of all, make sure that your system is not being hosted.
- Now, launch the Quickbooks desktop and click on the file menu.
- Next, select utilities.
- Click on stop hosting Multi-User access.
- Simply click on Yes.
- Now, in the window of the company file must be closed you have to click on yes.
- Restore a backup file that is saved on the system.
- Casually check if the error still exists or not.
Solution 2: Use Trend Micro antivirus
- Download and install the antivirus.
- Launch the antivirus software and go to the settings.
- Now, choose the ignore path option.
- You have to ignore the company file folder.
- You have to open the Quickbooks Desktop application while holding onto the Ctrl key.
- The Quickbooks software will open up without any company files.
- Hit the F2 key on your keyboard. Doing this opens up the product details with the company file folder path.
Solution 3: Use Rebuild data
- Open Quickbooks software.
- Click on the file menu and select utilities.
- Now, you have to select rebuild data.
- In case you get an instant backup to take company file data, click on Ok.
- Also, click Ok if you get Quickbooks is not responding message.
Solution 4: Trend Micro Active Scan
- Double click on the company file while holding the ctrl key.
- Open the software without launching any company file.
- From the window named No company opens select the company file.
- Make sure that the company file is on top.
We hope that your error does not exist anymore. Do check out other articles on our website to resolve all kinds of issues related to Quickbooks.
Also, if your error still persists, do not hesitate to contact the customer care support of Quickbooks. They will surely help you out in resolving your issue.