Intuit has brought us several tools within the tool hub. We all use them to fix all kinds of major and minor issues. However, there is one more tool located outside the tool hub known as the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool. Many experts end up with its use when the error pops up again. The tool is known for resolving networking and multi-user issues such as HX0X and 6000 error series.
If you are looking for a complete guide where you can find how to download, install, and use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool then you couldn’t be in a better place than this. In this post, we will discuss each and every suitable detail about QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
What is QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
It is a fixation tool developed by Intuit (the parent company of QuickBooks).QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool is proven to be the best by users worldwide. The tool helps in rebuilding the network connection when some multi-user errors interrupt. According to Intuit, more than 10,000 users trust this dynamic software to access the same file on multi-platforms.
The tool ensures that every user of QuickBooks can work on the same file at the same time. It also tackles the factors like missing Microsoft components that can trigger these multi-user errors. You must learn more about this dynamic software to witness its amazing performance. Also, make sure that the tool supports Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7 with QuickBooks 2008 and later.
When should you use the tool?
You can use this tool when you see any of these indications or issues. Let’s see what they are.
- If the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not working problem. Also, if you notice an error related to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- In case the Firewall has not been updated and is not compatible with the version of QuickBooks you are using.
- To fix corrupted QuickBooks files. Not only if it is corrupted, but also if it is broken or damaged.
- At instances when the vendor and customer list are empty.
- If you are not being able to update entries.
- To resolve the H series errors in multi-user mode.
- Also, for 6000 series errors.
- If your QuickBooks files are infected by any virus or malware.
Issues and Errors Resolve by QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
There are numerous issues and errors that you can solve using this incredible tool. So, let’s see what they are one by one.
- If you see that the access has been denied to QuickBooks Database.
- In case the windows firewall is installed defectively.
- In instances, the vendor list is vacant in QuickBooks.
- If the customer list is missing.
- If there are infected files on your device.
- The QuickBooks file is corrupted.
System Requirements To Install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
This software can be used on any computer in which you are already using QuickBooks. It means you can utilize the features of this tool in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Also, the device should have an intact Microsoft component and C++ framework.
How to Download and Install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Here is the step for QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool 2018 Download. Just follow each step one by one carefully.
- The very first step that you have to follow is to remove any previous version of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool if it exists.
- Now, you have to visit the official website of Intuit and download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- After downloading, open the folder where you saved the setup. Click on it.
- The installation window will pop up.
- Accept the terms and conditions by choosing I agree. Later click Next.
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the installation.
- Select the folder where you would like to save the installation files. It is usually recommended to save it in the C drive.
- After the installation is complete if the tool does not start on its own, then you will have to click the desktop icon to launch it.
Now that we know the ways to install the tool, it is time for us to understand how to use it. Let’s have a look at that.
How to Use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
There are different sections in the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool that you can make complete use of. Let’s see what they are and how to use them.
Diagnose Connection Tab
In this tab, you can choose the file in which you are facing the issue. Simply select the file and then click on diagnose/repair. The file will be under a scan. If any error is to be detected, it will also be fixed.
Read also-How to use Quickbooks file doctor?
Here you can see the basic setup of a firewall that has to be established in your windows firewall. So, you can compare the settings and check if your firewall has intact settings or not.
This tab is helpful to check the internet connectivity of your system. Also, you can try to establish a proper connection with the Intuit server and QuickBooks. In case, that is the issue. Here is how to use this tab.
- Click the browse button next to the company file section to locate your company file.
- Now, click the test connectivity button.
- After the test is complete, the status is shown in red (problem found) or green (no problem found).
This is how you are supposed to use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. We hope that we could enlighten you on how to download, install and use this incredible resolving tool by Intuit. Don’t forget to check out other articles on our website. They are going to be of great use to you.