The QuickBooks error 15215 is an error that you may encounter while downloading the payroll update. It is majorly caused because the QuickBooks software is tangled with another software that is also running in the background. This software could be software that is highly laborious. There could also be other reasons that may give birth to this error. We will shed light on all of the reasons that cause the QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215.
Anyway, this error could be really frustrating. This could be the only obstacle standing between you and the rest of the day. So, to eliminate this single piece of wall that is preventing your productivity, we have summoned up everything in this single article. You just have to follow the methods one by one till you find the correct solution to your issue.
So, without further delay let’s get into it!
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks error 15215 servers not responding?
This error typically occurs when you try to download a payroll in the QuickBooks desktop software. It happens when another application intervenes with the working of the QuickBooks desktop. There can be several other causes of this error.
So, to understand every possible aspect of this error, let’s see what the other reasons are. You can keep these causes in mind to avoid this error from happening in the future.
What are the causes of error 15215?
There are multiple causes for this error. Let’s have a look at them one by one.
- You may experience this error if the installation of QuickBooks Desktop software was not done properly.
- Your computer could be under a malware or virus attack.
- A third-party application can be blocking the functioning of the QuickBooks desktop.
- A QuickBooks file could have gone corrupted or broken.
How to fix QuickBooks update error 15215?
You can fix this error on your own. Isn’t that wonderful? A feeling of self-independence, right? Well, there is more to that. Using our methods you can not only fix this error on your own but you will also save a lot of time.
It is recommended that you do all the steps carefully to avoid further chaos. Also, create a backup of your data to elude data loss.
Solution 1: Simple reboot
As the title suggests, you have to conduct a reboot of your system. To do this press the Alt+F4 keys on your keyboard simultaneously. After that, you have to select the option of restart. Click Ok. Your computer will restart itself. You just have to wait till the process is complete. You now have to check if this QuickBooks update server not responding still exists or not. In this method, we are essentially forcing the QuickBooks software to restart the entire service again. This may help in rectifying this error. If the error still exists, just move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Running QuickBooks as windows administrator
There is a colossal chance that some third-party application is blocking the functioning of QuickBooks. So, you can simply give QuickBooks an upper hand by giving it the Administration permissions. This will solve this error to a very large extent. Here is how you can do this.
First of all, makes sure that QuickBooks has been closed correctly. There should not be any window open of QuickBooks.
- Now, right-click on the desktop icon of QuickBooks.
- You have to select the option of Run QuickBooks as an administrator.
- If you get a warning prompt then simply click yes.
You can check if this solves your problem or not.
Solution 3: Verify TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2
To do this process, follow these steps.
- First of all, shut down QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, open Internet explorer.
- Choose tools and then select Internet options.
- Simply click on the tab named advanced.
- Look for the TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2.
- Make sure that TLS 1.0 has been ticked.
- Also, make sure that TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are not checked.
- Finally, click on OK.
You will have to restart your computer after completing these steps.
Solution 4: Windows in selective startup mode
Initially, press the Windows+R keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- The run window will pop up on your screen.
- Type in msconfig in the Run window and then press the enter key.
- A system configuration tab will get launched. Choose the selective startup option and then uncheck the load startup items box.
- Click on OK. Restart your computer.
- Now, you have to carry out the process again and this time instead of selective startup mode, you have to select normal startup mode. Clock Ok.
- Restart your computer again.
You may also like to read: What are Quickbooks unrecoverable errors
Solution 5: Manually install the updates
- To do this you have to open QuickBooks software and then click on the help tab.
- Now, here you will see the option of Update.
- Click on that.
- Now you will see a list of QuickBooks products. You have to select the latest version of the QuickBooks desktop.
- Click on the get update button.
- Wait for the download to get completed.
- When the download gets completed. Double click on the install the updates option.
- Finally, restart your computer.
These were the solutions to this update. These are highly powerful methods that you can try out to fix this error. We hope that we could help out in solving this error of yours. Also, don’t forget to check out How to fix QuickBooks error 6144 82? It will surely be productive for you.