QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error can be problematic for QuickBooks users. There are a number of QuickBooks unrecoverable error codes that can pop up, and they can be quite frustrating to deal with. The error causes QuickBooks to crash, freeze, or stop responding. QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error can also lead to data loss. QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error is often caused by corrupted or damaged QuickBooks files. QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error can be tricky to troubleshoot. However, with a little know-how, you can quickly and easily fix this common QuickBooks error.
There are easy solutions to troubleshoot most of them. In this post, we’ll walk you through how to fix the most common QuickBooks Unrecoverable error codes. Keep in mind that if you’re still having trouble after trying these solutions, it’s best to reach out to a QuickBooks expert for help.
What is QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error ?
QuickBooks unrecoverable error comes with the error text that states “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close” during accessing or opening the company file. Not just the error but you can also get some error codes with 10 digits like 20888 41171, and 00551 46274. You will notice that there has been space after 5 digits numbers.
The error implies that there is some fault or bug within the essential programs required for the functionality. You can get the error message either by accessing the QB file or taping on the ship icon, print icon, and save button. That means the error blocks all your paths to access your company file.
Other common QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Codes
We have mentioned earlier that the error is a common issue. It is because there are several different Qb error codes that come along with the error. All those codes depict the same error. So, you can witness any of the following codes that arise because of common factors. You can get into the list below to have a glimpse of these codes.
|00227 55008||20888 41171||00551 46274|
|00000 14775||31197 00540||00227 55008|
|00000 15204||15563 13890||02457 79428|
|19758 63847||13730 84631||13824 75582|
At What Situations, You can Get the Error
Here are the situations in which you can face this error.
- When you use the direct deposit to send Payroll.
- The user accessing the feature named Open Previous Company.
- Making a backup of the company file.
- When the user runs, verify or rebuild utility.
- Upgrading or updating the payroll software.
- Closing any of the opened windows in the QB file.
- If the user saves a record of a transaction.
- At the time of accessing a QuickBooks desktop file on the workstation.
- The data becomes damaged on the QB file.
- If you are writing checks with the help of QuickBooks Online Bill Pay.
- Emailing, saving, or printing the documents of QuickBooks desktop.
- The user can again see it at the time of viewing or conducting the last reconciliation reports.
- While you import the Accountant’s changes.
- Seeing an Unrecoverable error at the time of running Rebuild utility.
The error can appear when you conduct any of the following activities. However, there are causes that give rise to such nuisance. You can get into the post below to know every one of them.
You May Also Like: An Easy Guide to Resolve the QuickBooks Error -6073
Major Reasons for QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
You can jump into the list below to know the significant reasons that create the error.
- If there are some issues with your computer.
- The QuickBooks updates are not conducted properly.
- When the Windows updates are missing.
- Problems within the QB company file because of data integrity.
- Some of the essential components of QuickBooks are corrupted or damaged.
- When you tried to log in to the QB company file and suddenly there came network issues.
- Another cause of this error is power outages as it stops all the files that are doing their work.
- When the data becomes corrupted and you require a program code for repairing it.
Now, that you have understood the causes, try to root out them from the troubleshooting part. If you want to know the solutions then first examine all the signs and symptoms that appear as the consequences of the error.
Identify the Error with these Symptoms & Signs
With the symptoms and signs, you can get the idea of the corruption weaving into your system. These will also notify you about the issue at the right time. Also, you can prevent your system from getting any further damage. Now, let’s get into the list and know what those signs and symptoms are.
- QuickBooks desktop stops just after you open it.
- You have seen a sudden crash in your system at the time of conducting some specific work.
- Crashing of QB desktop window.
- Frequent freezes of QuickBooks that stop the update in between.
- You get failure in an attempt to locate the transaction in the QB file.
- The user cannot function properly because of several factors.
- The ongoing process takes much more time than usual.
- There is no more update on the software related to the QuickBooks desktop.
Well, these are all the symptoms that help you in detecting the error. If you are experiencing the same in your system then move directly to the next section and try to fix the QuickBooks unrecoverable error with the following methods.
Following Steps to fix QuickBooks unrecoverable error Codes
Here are the solutions to fix the issue. You can begin your troubleshooting from the first solution. Just make sure to conduct each of the steps carefully and move fluently till you fix QuickBooks unrecoverable error codes . Now, let’s start.
Solution 1: Fix the QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all, you need to re-register the QB desktop in Windows.
- For that, open the reboot.exe file.
- Now, you have to go to the installed Microsoft.net framework and repair the issue.
- Moving on, reinstall the QuickBooks desktop.
- Try to update the software with the QuickBooks upgraded version.
- Just run the QuickBooks component repair tool to fix the components and files that became damaged.
You May Also Like: Effective ways to solve the Error 1722 QuickBooks
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
- Make sure that the QuickBooks component repair tool is installed in your system.
- If it is not then try to download and install.
- Moving on, run this tool.
- Proceed with the on-screen guidelines.
- In the next step, just try to update your Windows.
- Also, restart the system too.
- In the final step, access the program and examine if the issue gets resolved or not.
Solution 3: Verify the number of Users
If the error is still not resolved then try to verify the number of users using different login passwords and usernames to access the same QB file. If some of the users cannot access the file with the same credentials that means you have to recreate that specific user. The steps given below will guide you to do so.
If Regular User Cannot Access
- To initiate, tap on the tab named setup users and passwords.
- Now, choose setup users.
- Once done with that, go to the Enterprise Users.
- Then, click on the User options in the company menu.
- Tick the icon named setup customers and roles.
- Thereafter, click on the Add user.
- Now, provide the relevant user name along with the password.
- Hit Next.
- Make sure that you are not using the damaged user name.
- Consequently, try to customize the customer according to your wish.
- Tap on the Finish button.
- After that, move towards the File menu.
- Choose the Close company/log off.
- With the new login credentials, just sign in to the QB file.
If Admin User Cannot Access
- Close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Select the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- The tool will scan the corruption of the system and repair it soon.
- You are now good to go with your business operations.
Solution 4: Use Reboot.bat File
- Initiate the procedure by spotting the reboot.bat file under C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks xxx Ver 00.0. You may need to know that xxx and 00.0 notifies the version of QuickBooks software.
- Go to the Reboot.bat file and right-click on it.
- Additionally, try to run the file as admin.
- Access the program and examine if the error gets resolved or not.
- Lastly, just reboot the system only if the issue persists.
Solution 5: Make a New Window Admin
If any of the solutions would not work then jump to this solution and try to create a new window admin. Here are the leading steps that will help you in conducting the same.
- Hit the Windows + R and access the Run window.
- Put the Control Panel in the space field.
- Tap the OK button.
- Next, click on the User Accounts.
- After that, manage another Account tab.
- Just tap on the other accounts tab option with the tab named add an account.
- Try to sign in without using the Microsoft account.
- Make sure to choose the local account tab.
- Provide the username and password.
- Hit Next.
- When all the steps are done, you will see a new window named Manage Other Accounts.
- Subsequently, tap on the freshly built account.
- Tap the Edit button.
- In the next step, choose the tab named admin.
- Hit OK.
Windows 8 and 7
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows + R button.
- Type Control Panel in the field.
- Hit the OK button.
- Choose the tab named User accounts.
- After that, tap on Manage Another Account.
- Click on the other tab Create New Account.
- Provide the name of the new account.
- Select the Administrator tab.
- In the end, click on the Create Account tab.
- In the first step, you need to tap on the Start menu.
- Move towards the Settings.
- Just choose Accounts next.
- Tap on the Family and other users tab.
- In the next step, navigate towards Add someone else to this computer.
- You can find it under the other user’s icon.
- Go to the tab I do not have this person’s sign-in info and select it.
- Move towards Add a user with Microsoft Account.
- Proceed to the next step and provide a new name for your new account.
- Hit the Finish tab.
- Provide a password that will protect and secure you.
- Navigate towards the recently produced account.
- Moving on, choose the Account type tab.
- When you have completed the procedure, go to the administrator tab.
- Hit OK.
Solution 6: Copy the QB file to Your Desktop
- Open the folder where you have placed the QB file.
- Move to the location option and spot the file with the .qbw extension.
- Make sure to copy the file and paste it to the desktop.
- After that, hit the Ctrl key button and start the software.
- A window named No Company Open will pop up now.
- Tap on the Open and just browse the file which you used for placing the company file.
Solution 7: Run Quick Fix my Program
- Initiate the procedure by closing the QuickBooks desktop.
- You need to download the upgraded version of the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Make sure that you will save the file.
- If the tool hub is already installed then try to acknowledge its version.
- Once done, choose the Home button.
- Next, just access the file which you have downloaded successfully.
- You need to keep in mind that the file was saved as QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- In the leading step, carry out the instructions and then try to install and agree.
- If the installation procedure ends then click on the Agree button.
- Perform double-click on the tool hub icon and access it.
- Now, you need to choose the tab named Program Problems.
- Thereafter, choose Quick Fix my Program.
- The tool will run and close all of the programs running in the background.
- In the end, just start the QuickBooks desktop and your data file.
Solution 8: Suppression of QuickBooks Desktop
You can conduct this solution from two methods. So, follow the one which suits you the best.
Method 1: Suppress the QB Desktop while Accessing QuickBooks
- Initially, the user needs to hold the Ctrl key.
- Next, launch the QuickBooks application icon.
- You need to now open the No Company Open window by pressing the Ctrl button until it shows up.
Method 2: Suppress the QB Desktop while Accessing the Company File
- You need to move towards the No Company Open window.
- Just select the company file.
- Next, press the Alt key.
- Thereafter, choose the Open tab.
- When you are redirected to the login details, release the Alt key.
- After that, provide your login credentials.
- Don’t release the Alt key till the login page pops up.
- Hit the OK button.
Solution 9: Shut Down the QuickBooks Desktop from Accessing all Windows
- Hit the Alt key in the beginning.
- After that, double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- If your system brings a dialogue box then release the alt key.
- Provide your password for the account that you logged in to.
- Hit OK.
- Tap the Alt key if the software is launched.
- End the process by leaving the ALT key.
Just close all the apps running in the background when you access the QuickBooks application.
Solution 10: Resolve the Error Manually
- In the beginning, try to repair the QuickBooks software.
- After that, download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Once done, reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install.
- Try to fix the Microsoft components manually. If there are some problems, then try to take some advice from the Microsoft support team of an IT specialist.
- Reinstall the Microsoft.NET framework.
- Try to recover the Microsoft MSXML.
- Make sure to uninstall or reinstall Microsoft Visual C++.
- In the end, just reboot the .exe file.
Solution 11: Modify the Way you Save the Form
- The user can take help from the Save and Close tab.
- Also, from the New tab which is located at the bottom of the form.
- From these two buttons, you can easily save the transaction.
- Make sure to not leave the cursor on the blank line of the sales form.
- Before clicking on the Save button, hit Printed.
- Now, just navigate to the File and Print Forms if you want to print.
You need to edit the preferences if the error occurs during printing. Here are the steps that will help you in doing the same.
- Move towards the Preferences tab.
- Now, just tap on the Edit menu.
- Go to the Company Preferences tab and hit the save transactions located under it before selecting the Printing tab.
- Hit OK in the end.
These are all the solutions to the QuickBooks unrecoverable error. All of these errors will surely resolve the error issue. These solutions are acknowledged by the experts themselves so don’t be worried about their relevancy. Just conduct each of the steps as directed to get a better result. Make sure to start from the first solution and end to the one where your system runs smoothly. We hope that you find this article relevant and it resolves all of your queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I fix a corrupted file in QuickBooks?
You can fix a corrupted file in QuickBooks by the steps mentioned below:
- First, try opening the QuickBooks file in Safe Mode. This will disable any third-party programs that might be causing conflicts. If the file opens in Safe Mode, then you know that the issue is with one of your third-party programs. You’ll need to reach out to the program’s support team for help.
- If the file still won’t open, even in Safe Mode, then you can try restoring a backup copy of the file. If you don’t have a backup copy, you can use the Auto Data Recovery feature to identify and restore a previously saved version of the file.
- Finally, if none of these methods work, you can try repairing the damaged file using a QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, QuickBooks Component Repair Tool, or QuickBooks File Doctor. These tools are designed to fix common corruption issues in QuickBooks files.
Q2. How do I do a clean install of QuickBooks?
You can use a clean install of QuickBooks from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- First download and install the latest version of the tool hub.
- Then, open the tool hub and click on Installation Issues tab.
- Now, tap on click Clean Install Tool.
- Choose the QuickBooks version and click on Continue.
- Now a “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” message will come up on the window screen. Click OK.
Once the installation is complete, you will be prompted to reboot your computer. After your computer has restarted, you will be able to use QuickBooks as normal.
Q3. Can I uninstall QuickBooks and reinstall without losing my data?
You can uninstall QuickBooks and reinstall it without losing your data. When you uninstall QuickBooks, the software is removed from your PC but your company files are not deleted. However, you will need to backup your data before uninstalling QuickBooks. Once you have uninstalled QuickBooks, you can reinstall it and then restore your data from the backup.