The QuickBooks error 6210 belongs to the 6000 series of the QuickBooks errors. Just like the other errors in this series, the QuickBooks error -6210 is also a very common error that is faced by QuickBooks users. This error basically occurs when a computer other than the server hosts the company file.
Anyway, you don’t have to worry much about this error. You may be worried that your entire day would be wasted just because of this error. Well, that is not true. Just because you have landed on the right page. We will help you in figuring out the most appropriate solution to this particular error.
All you have to do is to follow each method and step carefully. If you do so, then you can look at this error in the eye and say goodbye to it. So, without any further delay let’s get straight into it.
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks error code–6210, 0?
There are numerous reasons that can give birth to this error. It is important that you understand these errors. You can avoid this error in the future then.
- You will see this error if your company file is hosted on any computer other than the server.
- The QuickBooks file that you have download may be corrupted.
- If the QuickBooks desktop software is not installed properly.
- There is a chance that your windows registry is broken or corrupted.
- Your computer could be under malware or a virus attack.
- Any of the QB related files could have got broken.
What are the indications of QuickBooks error code -6210, 0?
There are many indications that imply the presence of this error. Let’s see what they are.
- If your company file does not get opened.
- Another indication is that a message box with the -6210, 0 error code appears on your screen.
- If your QuickBooks desktop gets frozen.
- When your computer gets slowed down.
- If your QuickBooks software keeps crashing.
- When your computer does not respond on time.
Now that we know what the symptoms and causes of this error are, it is time for us to understand the solutions to this error.
Solutions of QuickBooks error -6210, 0
You have to follow each step carefully. Also, create a backup of your data to avoid any information loss.
Solution 1: Cease Multi-User Mode
- Open QuickBooks software. Now, click on the File tab.
- Choose utilities.
- You have to select the option named Stop Hosting Multi-user Access.
This will cease the multi-user mode in the computers other than the server.
Solution 2: Backup QB Registry file
- Open the command window and type in Regedit.
- Press the enter key.
- Select the related registry entry of the QB error that you are seeing.
- In the file menu, you have to choose export.
- Now, you have to choose the file where you wish to save the backup of QuickBooks files.
- Name the file QB backup.
- Save the file with the .reg extension.
- Finally, Click on save.
Solution 3: Third-party applications
Sometimes, third-party applications create a blockade in the functioning of QuickBooks. So, you have to check if your third-party antivirus is creating a toxic environment for QuickBooks to function or not. If it does, then you should consider changing the settings of your anti-virus.
If you are facing the issue still, then you will have to uninstall the anti-virus temporarily.
Solution 4: Checking the disk space
- Initially, start the command prompt.
- Type-in cleanmgr in the command window.
- Now, the disk clean-up will determine how much space has been occupied in your disk. Select the space with unwanted and corrupted files.
- You can clear or clean these files to increase the viable space in your disk.
You have to restart your computer after the completion of this method.
So these were the solutions to this QuickBooks error. Hopefully, we could help you out in resolving this error. You just have to follow the dynamic methods mentioned in our article to resolve this error. In case you are facing other QuickBooks errors, you can check out our website to get solutions to them.
Also, if you are still facing this issue, it is recommended that you contact the customer care support of QuickBooks. They will surely help you out in solving this error.