Are you fed up with Quickbooks Error Codes 6150 and 1006? Tried a lot of different approaches from different websites? Well, there could be something that you have probably done wrong. No, it is not just the methods. The first and foremost mistake is not getting fully educated about Quickbooks error code 6150 and 1006.
Before approaching to solve any Quickbooks error, it is important to understand the error to its core. This is because then only you will be able to recognize the roots. These are the roots that we have to cut off.
Luckily, you have arrived at the right place to do that. With the help of this post, you will be able to easily kick out the error 6150 and 1006. So, without any further ado let’s begin.
Meaning of QuickBooks error 6150, -1006
The Quickbooks Error 6150 and 1006 is commonly faced error. You will mostly experience this error while attempting to open the Quickbooks desktop application. You will see an error message like this on your screen.
There are several reasons that lead to the birth of this error. Let’s have a look at what they are.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error Message 6150 and 1006?
- Your Quickbooks file could have gone corrupted.
- Your computer could be under the CryptoWall virus attack.
- Incorrect installation of Quickbooks.
- The company file could be damaged or broken.
- When you try to open a portable file without launching Quickbooks Desktop.
Now we actually know the causes of this error, it is time to figure out the ways to fix the error 6150 and 1006.
Methods to solve Quickbooks error 6150 and 1006
There are multiple solutions to this error. You just have to try out each method one by one until you find the intact solution that applies to your condition. Also, do not forget to create a backup of your data to avoid important information loss. So, buckle up! we have an error to solve.
Solution 1: Restore the backup of the company file
You can effortlessly fix this error by simply restoring the backup of the company file. Let’s have a look at how you can do this.
- First of all open the Quickbooks software.
- Now, click on the QuickBooks File menu. Select Open or Restore Company.
- Click on Open or Restore a Backup Copy and press Next.
- You have to choose3 the Local Backup. Click on Next to continue.
- Next, select the location of the backup file from the drop-down list.
- Choose the backup file.
- Click Open and then hit Next.
- You have to select the folder destination where you wish to save the backup file.
- Name the file with the .QBW extension.
- Simply select Save. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
- Check if the error is still there or not.
Solution 2: Use Quickbooks Auto data recovery
You have to visit the Quickbooks company files location and look for Quickbooks Auto Data recovery. In case you have the Quickbooks desktop with Auto data recovery, then you will find the backup files here. You can restore these files to resolve this issue.
Solution 3: Create a new company file
In this method, you have to create a new company file to replace the old file. Let’s see how you can do this.
- Firstly, launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, open the No Company Open window. Choose to Create a new company.
- Next, you will have to select between Express Start or Detailed Start.
- You have to enter all the necessary details in the QuickBooks Setup window.
- Click on Create Company.
- Now click on Start Working.
- Type in the information in the Easy Step Interview screen. Hit Next.
- Choose your Industry and click Next.
- You have to select the type of business entity. Hit Next.
- Adjust your fiscal year’s first month. Again click Next.
- You will have to choose the QuickBooks administrator password. Click Next to proceed.
- Simply select the location where you want to store your company file. Hit Save.
See if the error is still there or not.
Solution 4: Cryptowall
In many cases, the crypto wall virus affects the functioning of Quickbooks. You can follow the below instructions to eradicate this error from your device.
- The first step is to open the Windows Start menu.
- In the search bar, you have to type File Explorer. Click on the result to open the File Explorer.
- Locate the QuickBooks folder. Usually, it is saved in the C drive.
- Now, you have to look for the files that contain decrypt or instructions. (.txt or .html)
If you cannot find any of the files with the above description then congratulations! you are safe. Otherwise, you will have to conduct different measures in their anti-virus.
Hurray! You have reached the end of this article. We, hope that you could rectify this error using our methods. If so, as an act of gratitude, check out other articles on our website. They will open doors to productivity and knowledge to you.
Also, if you are still facing this error, then contact the customer care support of Quickbooks. The brilliantly competent is capable of eliminating all types of Quickbooks errors.