QuickBooks might be the hub of errors and glitches and the most common error that users face is QuickBooks Error 15225. The series category of 15xxx is very common and frequent while using the QuickBooks software. In the article, we are talking about the series of errors that arises when users try to download and install the newest payroll updates on their device, it will show you that it is an incorrect setting inside the supported device which is the first point that promotes this error. As a result of this, you will be unable to figure out the program because it won’t start properly or maybe it will stop responding.
Therefore, to protect the system and content, we are here to help you find out the error and the steps required to solve the errors. Despite this, we will explain the reason causing the error and how to solve it, keep reading the article to find out the steps to resolve the error without any expert help.
What is QuickBooks Error 15225?
QuickBooks Error 15225 can be classified as an error caused during the downloading of software or updating the version of the QB software. When the upgrade process may not be performed in the right way, it causes critical errors and restricts your access to the software by troubling the work flow of your business.
Further, the main cause behind the QuickBooks Error 15225 is incorrect internet explorer configuration. However, it basically happens when the QB tries to verify the digital signature of all the files downloaded by the programs.
Moreover, now we have already known the meaning of QuickBooks Error 15225, let’s jump into the reason behind this error. Do check out the reason as well as solve the error without any hurdle.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 15225?
Accordingly, here are the complete details of why this QuickBooks Error 15225 happens on your QB desktop, let’s have a look at the reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 15225.
- Due to security reasons, it might be blocking your way to Firewall authentication or anti-virus software.
- Internet explorer outdated version.
- It mostly appears when a user is trying to verify his digital signature of all the downloaded files.
- The connectivity issue is also a reason for the QuickBooks Error 15225 to occur.
- Issue of Malware.
- Incomplete Installation of QB.
- Corrupted Window Registry.
- QuickBooks file got corrupted because of incomplete installation.
Easy Methods to Solve QuickBooks Error 15225
Follow the direction below to solve the QuickBooks Error 15225 easily, all the methods are quite easy to understand which helps you to solve the error quickly.
Method 1: Update Your QuickBooks
- First, close QuickBooks and all its related processes.
- Next, open the Task Manager and go to the Processes tab.
- Locate all instances of QuickBooks and right-click on each one.
- Choose End process for each instance.
- Once QuickBooks is closed, restart your computer.
- Now, open QuickBooks again and go to the Help menu.
- Choose Update QuickBooks from the drop-down list.
- On the Update QuickBooks window, select the options for updating QuickBooks and click Update now.
Assuming that you have a good internet connection, QuickBooks will start downloading the necessary updates. Once the updates are downloaded, QuickBooks will install them automatically. After the installation is complete, restart QuickBooks and try opening your company file again. If the error still persists, move on to the next solution.
Method 2: Adding Intuit URL as a Trusted Website
If you’re still getting the QuickBooks Error 15225, it’s likely because your Intuit website isn’t included in your browser’s Trusted Websites list. Here’s how to fix that:
- Open your Internet Explorer browser and go to Tools > Internet Options.
- Click on the Security tab and then select Trusted Sites.
- Click the Sites button and make sure that the https://*.intuit.com/* is added to the list of Trusted Sites. If not, add it now and click the Add button.
- Click Close and then click OK to save your changes and close the Internet Options window.
- Now try updating QuickBooks again and see if the Error 15225 appears. If it does, continue to the next solution.
Method 3: Working with the Digital Signature Certificate
If you are getting QuickBooks error 15225, it means that the digital signature certificate is either not installed or not working properly. Here are some simple steps to fix the problem:
- Check if the digital signature certificate is properly installed on your computer. If not, reinstall it following the instructions provided by the issuing authority.
- Make sure that the date and time settings on your computer are correct. Incorrect date and time settings can cause problems with digital signatures.
- If you are using a third-party firewall, make sure that it is configured to allow QuickBooks to access the Internet.
- If you are still having problems, contact the issuing authority of your digital signature certificate.
Method 4: Turn off Firewall & Network Protection
To resolve the error 15225 quickly, you need to follow the steps which include turning off the Network Protection.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Preferences tab.
- Click on the Security & Privacy tab.
- Under the Network Protection section, click on the Settings button.
- In the new window that opens up, uncheck the box next to Turn off Network Protection and then click on OK.
- Restart QuickBooks and try opening your company file again. This should fix the error 15225.
Method 5: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
If you’re seeing QuickBooks Error 15225, it’s likely because the software is not up to date. In order to fix this, you’ll need to uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks. Here’s how:
- Close QuickBooks and all open programs on your computer.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs & Features.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of installed programs and click Uninstall/Change.
- Choose the option to Repair QuickBooks and follow the prompts to complete the process.
- Once QuickBooks has been repaired, try updating the software again. If you’re still seeing the error, proceed below.
- Download a fresh copy of QuickBooks from the official website.
- Double-click the downloaded file to begin installation.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
If you’re still seeing QuickBooks Error 15225 after following these steps, it’s possible that your computer’s registry is damaged. In this case, it’s best to consult with a qualified IT professional to resolve the issue.
Method 6: Check Your Internet Connection
One of the most common reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 15225 is an unreliable or unstable internet connection. Therefore, the first thing you need to do is check your internet connection and see if it is working properly. If not, then try restarting your router or modem. You can also try using a different internet connection to see if that solves the problem.
Therefore, we hope that the error is resolved successfully without taking much time.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 12157:causes & Solution
In the article, we have explained to you the common error which causes some issues while using the QuickBooks software. The troubleshooting methods, as well as causes, are mentioned above. The steps to resolve the error are explained properly step by step for your better understanding. We hope that all your queries regarding this error have been answered. Read the article carefully to understand the steps easily without any help from professionals.