Point of sale or POS errors is the most common errors faced by QuickBooks users over time. These errors are majorly encountered by the users due to inappropriate or inaccessible POS files. The QuickBooks accounting software helps the users efficiently to resolve different accounting errors unless the software itself is under the influence of such errors. The point of sale comes with the package of QuickBooks software. To ensure that the customer data is safe and secure with the QuickBooks software, it is encrypted. One of the most common and frequently encountered POS errors on QuickBooks is the QuickBooks error code 100.
Since there can be several reasons or factors which can result in this error, it is essential to note the major ones. In this article, we have provided you with a list of possible causes of this QuickBooks error, followed by ways in which you can fix it and use QuickBooks conveniently.
What Is Quickbooks Error Code 100?
QuickBooks point of sale is a service that allows you to store the data while you sell vivid goods and services. The QuickBooks error POS 100 is simply a technical error that may restrict the user from using any feature associated with the sales of specific goods and services. The error message displayed on the screen when this error is encountered by the desktop is Error 100 database server not found “08w01”.
Learn More - What is Quickbooks?
Causes Of Quickbooks Error Code 100
Although there are many reasons why your QuickBooks desktop is showing this error, we have listed the primary reasons for the same. These factors are the primary and most common reasons why your QuickBooks POS stops working and shows error 100:
- The primary reason why this error happens on your desktop is an internal or technical issue on the POS database management server.
- The basic requirements of the QuickBooks POS application do not meet the configuration of your desktop.
- The Microsoft.Net framework was not installed properly on your system and hence cannot be accessed.
- In case your desktop or device configurations do not allow the POS to run correctly, this error shows up.
Following are the requirements you must have to make sure that POS services work properly:
- The processor you need to support POS service is:
– For a single user: a 2GHz minimum is required. However, the experts recommend 2.8Ghz
– For different or multiple users: a minimum 2.8Ghz is required. The processor of 3.5Ghz is recommended by users
- The disk space you require is a minimum of 1GB disk space. This does not include the space required to store company data files.
- RAM: minimum of 4GB is required to ensure. However, to ensure high performance, 8GB is recommended.
- Screen resolution: minimum 1280×768 resolution is a must
- Stable and uninterrupted internet is required.
- The QuickBooks software you are using must be the latest.
- Latest QuickBooks POS troubleshoot connection tool, i.e., QB desktop POS 18.0 and QB desktop POS 12.0
- The latest windows must be installed on your system.
If your configuration does not match the requirements, then this error shows up.
These reasons may cause the QuickBooks application to show error POS 100. However, once you determine the cause, let’s jump on how to resolve this issue.
How To Resolve Quickbooks Error POS 100
Solving QuickBooks error POS 100 is very easy. You can follow different methods to resolve this error. We have listed the possible and most accurate ways to resolve this error.
Method 1: Update POS On Your Quickbooks Application
Following are the instructions to download and install updates of point of sales on QuickBooks to resolve this error:
- Firstly, you will have to launch QuickBooks desktop POS software on your device.
- Now, from the current menu, tap on the product updates page option.
- Then, from the loss of all the products and programs on your screen, ensure that point of sales is chosen and marked.
- After this, follow the step-by-step instructions given on the screen to complete the process of manual installation of POS updates.
- Once done, shut down the QuickBooks application and start it again after restarting the desktop.
- You can now freely use the QuickBooks application and POS Features on your desktop.
Method 2: Start QBPOS Shell Again
Restarting and rebooting the QBPOS shell will help you to easily resolve this issue and use the software without any hindrance or inconvenience. To reboot the QBPOS shell on your device, follow the given steps:
- First of all, you need to close all the tabs opened on your device which are related to POS software
- Now, press ctrl + alt together on your keyboard
- In case this does not close all the tabs associated with POS software, tap on start task manager
- On this, search for the processor tab and open it
- Now, sort the results alphabetically by tapping on the image name option
- Once you can find the file, right-click on QBPOS shell.exe file by the right button on your mouse.
- Now, tap on the end process option from the drop-down menu
- Then close the task manager tab and return to home
Once the software has stopped, you need to troubleshoot it. Follow the given steps to troubleshoot and start this software again:
- Find the POS software icon on your device display
- Once you find the icon, right-click on your mouse to open a new menu
- From this menu, select the troubleshoot compatibility option and proceed
- Now, select the try recommendation settings option on your screen
- Then, follow the steps and instructions displayed on your desktop to complete the process
- Once done, reboot your device and open the QuickBooks application again. This time your error will be resolved easily. However, if this does not help move to the next method.
Learn More - How to Fix Quickbooks not responding errors?
Method 3: Install .NET Framework
Once you uninstall the QuickBooks desktop POS software from your device, you will now have to uninstall the .NET framework. Then, you can install the .NET framework on your device again. To do the same, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly you will have to close the .NET framework 4.0 or 4.5 on your device. Follow the steps given below for this:
- Go to the start window and go to the search option
- Type the control panel on the search bar and tap on the search button
- Now, tap on uninstall a program option on the control panel.
- From the list of installed programs, find Microsoft. NET framework 4.0 and 4.5 and right-click on this file.
- Tap on uninstall option from the given menu
- Now press the next option to proceed
- Then, follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the process successfully
Once the uninstallation is completed, you will have to install the software again after rebooting your device. For doing so, follow the steps listed below:
- First of all, you will have to download the .NET framework 4.5, which is the latest version. You can directly download it from the official Microsoft website. Ensure that you will have to download the 4.0 client and extended combination
- Once the file is downloaded, save the same file at an easily accessible location.
- Now, go to the file and double tap on the file name to open it.
- Followed by this, you will have to follow the exact steps and instructions displayed on the screen to complete the installation process.
- With this, you will be able to install the .NET framework again and operate your QuickBooks application freely.
Method 4: Create A Windows User Account
Another way to resolve this issue is by creating a new windows admin user. To create a new account, follow the given steps:
- In the first place, go to the start menu and right-click on this option.
- Now, tap on the Settings option and proceed.
- From the settings menu, tap on the accounts tab and open the menu.
- Now, choose the family and other users option and move forward.
- You will find the option mentioning adding someone else to this PC. Tap on this option
- Now, follow the steps and instructions provided by the software on your screen and complete the process of creating a new account.
- Open the point of sale again and check if the error still exists. This will easily resolve your error, and you can use your QuickBooks application without hindrance.
Resolving the QuickBooks error code POS 100 is easy. You can follow the methods listed above to fix this issue. However, if you are not able to resolve this issue even after following the methods listed above, you are free to contact QuickBooks customer service directly through their 24*7 customer service numbers and chat options.