Quickbooks is a mind-blowing software that helps millions of people in managing their financial and accounting tasks. QB is developed and distributed by Intuit an American-based software firm. Intuit is one of the most prominent accounting software creating company which has years of experience in the field of software development. The prime focus of Intuit is to make Quickbooks impeccable. This is why Quickbooks is said to be the ultimate and all-in-one solution that can satisfy all your accounting needs. As Quickbooks concentrates mainly on small and medium-sized enterprises, most of the growing firms and individuals have some doubts about how to download and install Quickbooks applications. No worries, we are here to help you. So, you will be brilliantly guided on Quickbooks downloads and installation.
Before understanding how to download Quickbooks software, it is important for you to understand the vital and major features that Quickbooks provide. In simple terms, you should have a brief idea of what Quickbooks is and how it works. Let’s have a look at that first.
What is Quickbooks?
As said earlier, Quickbooks is an accounting and bookmarking software developed by Intuit. Over the years, Intuit has calibrated and integrated a certain number of web-based features into QuickBooks. This includes capabilities like remote access capabilities, electronic payment functions, remote payroll assistance, and outsourcing, mapping features through integration with Google Maps, online banking, and reconciliation, improved e-mail functionality through Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express, and marketing options through Google.
Not only that, Quickbooks can single-handedly defeat all other accounting software giants with the wide range of features it has. QB can manage payroll functions, conduct and accept transactions, automatic tax facilities, create payroll tables, and much more. Intuit has also released additional software that can be used to ensure the proper functioning of Quickbooks. Like Quickbooks Tool Hub, Quickbooks File Doctor, Quickbooks Database Server Manager, etc.
As said in the great film godfather, Quickbooks makes us an offer we can’t refuse. This is being said because of the mitigated price Quickbooks comes at. You should definitely give Quickbooks a shot in order to understand its worth. That being said, let’s have a look at how to actually possess this magnificent piece of software.
How to Download and Install Quickbooks? (Quickbooks Downloads)
The download and installation process is pretty simple. Still, there are things that you have to keep in your mind. We will discuss them all in detail here. You can also Convert Quickbooks Enterprise to Pro. Here are the steps that you were eagerly waiting for.
Step 1: Before the Install, Check these factors
- Ensure that your computer meets the system requirements.
- Also, make sure that you have a stable and steady internet connection.
- Purchase a legitimate version of Quickbooks.
Step 2: Purchase and Download Quickbooks
- Visit the official website of Intuit.
- Decide the version of Quickbooks you want to download. You can check the price of Quickbooks Desktop, Enterprise, Pro, and Premier on the website.
- Click on the product you desire to download.
- Complete the payment process by filling in your credit/debit card details.
- After doing that, you will be able to see your license and product code. A confirmation will also be sent to your given email.
- Now, you will be able to see the Download Quickbooks button. Click on it.
- Browse the file destination where you would like to save the application. Remember to save it somewhere you can easily locate later.
- Next, click on save and your download will start. Wait for it to finish to start the installation process.
Step 3: Install Quickbooks
- First of all, you have to open the QuickBooks.exe file.
- If prompted for permission, click Yes.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions of the windows.
- Accept the License Agreement and select Next.
- Here, you will have to enter your product and license keys. Select Next.
Read, Complete Guide to Convert Xero to Quickbooks
Step 4: Choose the Right Install Type
There are two types of installs that can be done in Quickbooks. You can either choose the Express install or the Custom and Network install.
We will recommend you the express install of Quickbooks only if:
- You are a first-time user of Quickbooks
- You are trying to reinstall QuickBooks.
- Only using Quickbooks in a single computer and not as a part of network-connected computers.
Anyways, here is what you have to do in this type of installation.
- Initially, choose Express and then hit Next.
- Click on Install.
- When the install is finished, you have to click on Open QuickBooks.
Custom and Network install
The custom install of Quickbooks is recommended by us only if:
- You wish to install QuickBooks at a place that is not the default location (like a server).
- Computer files are to be hosted on a server.
- A multi-user network is to be established.
- First of all, you have to choose Custom and Network Options and then hit Next.
- Now, choose the option that describes how you wish to use QuickBooks.
- In the screen that comes up next, you have to select Change the install location.
- Next, click on the option named Browse to decide where to put your QuickBooks folder. Mostly, people like to choose Program Files.
- Hit next to start the installation process.
- Once the process is complete, you have to click on Open QuickBooks.
Step 5: Activate Quickbooks
After you have successfully installed Quickbooks, you will have to activate and update it. Simply enter the login or license code to activate the software.
So, this is the entire process of downloading, installing, and activating Quickbooks. We have tried to explain and include different types of downloads like Quickbooks 2012 downloads, QuickBooks downloads 2016, Quickbooks enterprise downloads, and QuickBooks pro 2012 downloads in this post. Hopefully, you were able to do it successfully.
You can find more interesting articles like this on our website. Do not forget to check them out. They are going to be enlightening, productive, and problem-solving to you.