Quickbooks is very innovative and prestigious accounting software. It has so many magnificent accounting tools that even huge brands are relying on it. As sophisticated it may be, there are some shortcomings too. These are usually the errors that arise once in a while in the Quickbooks software. One of the errors that haunt the Quickbooks users is the Quickbooks error code ol-301. This is an error that occurs when the user tries to update the accounts in order to download the new bank transactions in the Quickbooks software.
Anyway, there is not much to worry about. Just because we are here to help you out. With the help of this article, you can easily wipe out this error from your system. So, without wasting any more time let’s get this article started.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks ol-301
There are a number of reasons that can cause this error. We have listed them all here. Let’s have a look at what they are.
- You can experience this error if you are not using the latest version of QuickBooks.
- This error can be seen if your software has the wrong information saved.
- There is a chance of the error happening if the QuickBooks software is not available on the server.
- If the QuickBooks software is not properly installed, then also you can experience this error.
- A huge reason can be the presence of malware or virus in your system.
- In case any of the QuickBooks files have been deleted, then also you can experience the error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code ol-301
You can easily identify this error. You just have to check if any of the below-mentioned symptoms are there that can indicate the presence of ol 301.
- QuickBooks is crashed by an error message that states the name of the error.
- The QuickBooks Desktop software does not work properly.
- Your computer system gets hanged from time to time.
- There is a huge delay in the response time.
How to fix QuickBooks error code ol-301?
These are the ways to eradicate this error. You have to perform each solution one by one until you figure out the right solution. the solution that applies to your case. Also, do not forget to create a backup of your files to avoid any kind of data loss.
Solution 1: Creating a test company file
A test file can assist you to determine if the error is caused by a drag together with your bank, or something in QuickBooks.
- From the File menu, select New Company.
- Select Express Start or Start Setup.
- In the Setup window, enter all required info, select Create Company then select Start Working.
If you get an equivalent error
This typically means there’s a drag with the connection from your bank.
If you latterly installed QuickBooks, some banks need you to verify your identity before you’ll use any of their online services. Log in to your checking account on a browser, then check if you’ve got any bank security notification. If there’s none, contact your bank directly. make certain to invite a representative conversant in QuickBooks Online Banking and account activation.
If you don’t get any error
This means that the matter isn’t together with your bank, and you ought to continue with troubleshooting.
You Might Like: How to Fix Quickbooks Banking Error 102?
Solution 2: Resetting the connection with your bank
You have to switch your Bank Feeds off and on once again. This will refresh the connection of online banking. You sometimes got to do that if your bank did an update to their online banking service.
- Turn off Bank Feeds for the account you’re having a drag with.
- Turn on Bank Feeds again.
- Perform an equivalent task you were trying to try to do once you got the error.
- If you get an equivalent error, follow subsequent steps.
Solution 3: Reset your connections to online banking
If resetting the connection of one account doesn’t work, roll in the hay for all accounts, including those hidden from the chart of accounts (inactive accounts).
- Now, from the Lists menu, simply select Chart of Accounts.
- At the rock bottom menu, select Include inactive.
- Switch off Bank Feeds for all the accounts, including inactive accounts.
- Close then reopen QuickBooks.
- Turn on Bank Feeds for every account, then do an equivalent task you were trying to try to do.
Solution 4: Verifying your company data
There is a possibility that there is some issue with the data.
Simply look for and try to fix QuickBooks data issues. You can do this by running the Rebuild tool twice.
If running the Rebuild tool twice doesn’t fix all company file errors found, study your data recovery options.
Solution 5: Try Contacting your bank
If you continue to get an equivalent error after resetting your Bank Feeds connection, and there are no data issues found, contact your bank.
Be sure to invite a representative conversant in QuickBooks Online Banking and account activation.
Solution 6: Update QuickBooks to the latest version
The QuickBooks updates contain a lot of bug fixes and add-on features. They are vital for the functioning of QuickBooks. This is why you have to regularly keep your QuickBooks software updated.
To do this, open your QuickBooks software and then from the upper pane select help. Now, choose the option to Update QuickBooks.
We understand that this is an ambiguous error. We hope that after consulting our article you now have a much more clearer picture of the error. If so, do check out other articles on our website. They are surely going to be very productive for you.