Accounting is no longer a complex subject. At least not for businesses. With the help of Quickbooks Desktop, business enterprises are being able to perform all the accounting tasks very efficiently. It truly is an almighty level software when it comes to accounting. Even though it can be seen as an epitome in accounting, there still exist some errors that mares Quickbooks’ impeccability. Such an agitating error is the Quickbooks error -6123, 0. This error comes with an error message that states Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost.
So, this error mostly occurs in the multi-user mode. Generally, you can easily solve this error by following the instructions on the screen. In other instances, it is complete havoc. You will surely need someone to guide you through it.
That someone is qberror.com – we will broadly talk about the plausible solutions to QuickBooks error code 6123. Also, we will understand what this error occurs. This means the causes of this error. So, without any further delay let’s get this started.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6123 0?
There are numerous reasons for the occurrence of Quickbooks error 6123. You just have to keep them in mind to avoid them from happening in the future. Let’s see them one by one.
- If the main computer contains a corrupted file.
- Your firewall settings might be blocked in such a way that it blocks the functioning of Quickbooks software.
- There is a chance that your Quickbooks for Windows files have been damaged.
- Your Quickbooks data has broken.
- There could be multiple Quickbooks database servers running on your computer.
- Another possibility is that the exact company file has been launched in a newer version of Quickbooks.
- There could also be some trouble with your windows operating system.
Well, now we surely know the reasons behind this ominous error. So, it is now time for us to kick it out of our system Let’s see how to do that.
Solutions for QuickBooks error -6123, 0
There are multiple solutions to this error. We have consolidated the most dynamic ones. You just have to follow each method one by one until you find the right solution. Also, don’t forget to create a backup of your data before carrying out these methods. This will lower the chance of data loss.
Solution 1: Using Quickbooks file doctor
Quickbooks file doctor is a very powerful tool. It has the solutions to half of the Quickbooks related problems and errors. You will just have to select the company file in which you are facing the problem. This amazing tool will automatically detect the issue and repair it.
There are two ways through which you can use the Quickbooks file doctor. You can either download the individual tool or you can use it from the Quickbooks tool hub. So let’s see how you can use Quickbooks file doctor from Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Initially, open the Quickbooks tool hub software.
- Now you have to click on the company file issues tab.
- Here you will see a button named Run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Click on it. Now you will have to choose the file in which you are facing the issue.
- Sit back and relax. The file doctor will automatically conduct a scan and detect the issue. Afterward, it will repair the issue by itself.
You may check if the error still persists or not.
Solution 2: Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool
This tool will help you in diagnosing the connection issues that are there on your main host computer. Just follow these steps to perform this method.
- Initially, you will have to download the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool from Intuit’s official website.
- Now, install tools by simply proceeding with the instructional window.
- Open the tool and you will see an interface like this.
- In the test connectivity section, you have to choose the browse option. This option will be in front of the company files bar.
- Select the company file in which you faced the Quickbooks error 6123.
- Press the button named test connectivity.
- The tool will automatically resolve any issue pertinent to connectivity.
Solution 3: Fixing the damaged file
If none of the above steps helped in resolving this error then this could be it.
- To do this, find the company file having .nd extension.
- Right-click on it and rename it to .ndold
- Now, open Quickbooks desktop.
- Select the file option from the menu.
- Choose utilities.
- Select the option to stop hosting multi-user access.
- Again, go to file and choose switch to multi-user mode. This will reset the data and may rectify your error.
These were the solutions to this error. Hopefully, they helped in resolving your issue. Also, don’t forget to check out our article on Methods to Troubleshoot Quickbooks Payroll Update Error 15271.
If you are still facing this issue then you should contact the customer care support of Intuit. They will help you out with this error.