Quickbooks error 1328 is a configuration error that occurs in the Quickbooks Desktop software. As we all know, Quickbooks is the top accounting software that deals with small and medium-sized businesses. Though it is cloud-based accounting software, sometimes arises errors like Quickbooks update error 1328. These types of errors are frustrating and can make your work hectic. This error usually comes with an error message like a 1328 error updating file. Well, you don’t have to worry about it, in this article we will discuss broadly what Quickbooks update error 1328 is, and then we will also see how to eradicate the Quickbooks update error forever. So, without further ado let’s get into it.
First things first, before trying to solve any error it is essential to understand what this error is. This includes the very subtle details, reasons, and signs – you will be able to prevent this error from happening when you learn everything about Quickbooks errors. First, let’s see what Quickbooks error 1328 is.
What is Quickbooks Error 1328?
The Quickbooks Error 1328 is an update error that is caused by the .tmp files located in the config.msi folder. This error comes with an error message and usually prevents you from performing any company files task.
What Causes Quickbooks Error 1328?
Numerous reasons cause this error. It is important to know what causes the error because then you will be able to avoid it in the future. So, let’s have a look at them.
- There can be some download issues with Quickbooks software.
- The program files are either damaged or corrupted.
- Issues with the network and connectivity.
- Your computer might be having some issues.
- The Quickbooks files are not installed properly.
- Invalid entries in the Windows operating system.
- Your computer could be under the attack of some malware or viruses.
- There can also be system shutdown issues.
- You may have brought an invalid license of the Quickbooks software.
Signs of Quickbooks Error 1328
Usually, error 1328 has an error message box that pops up every time the error occurs. There are a few more signs for this error. The Quickbooks software can’t be repaired, updated, or uninstalled when the error 1328 occurs. The Quickbooks software may hang or slow down sometimes. The windows operating system can also become slow and you can experience delays in responses.
How can the QuickBooks Error 1328 be fixed?
The answer to this question is not that tricky. The main problem lies in the Windows operating files or the Quickbooks files. Fixing both these files will surely help out in rectifying this error. So, most of the solutions are dependent on this very fact. Without any delay let’s have a look at what the solutions to this error are.
Method 1: Update Windows
The Quickbooks can’t function without the vital Windows components like the MSXML, Microsoft .Net, and C++. So it is very important that you keep the operating system up to date. Let’s see how to do it.
- Initially, you have to press the start menu and search for windows updates in the search field.
- You will see a windows updates icon on the screen. Just click on that.
- Now, you have to click on the button named check for updates.
- Simply restart your computer for updating. Check if the error is still there or not.
Method 2: Rename Folders
In most cases, the error 1328 is caused by the config.msi file’s hidden folders. So just renaming the name may help in rectifying this error.
- You have to go to C drive and find tools.
- You have to open the folder options and then in the view section untick the option of Hide Protected Operating System Files.
- Just add the suffix .old to the existing items.
- Now, hide these folders and simply restart your computer.
- Check if the error is still there by opening the Quickbooks software.
Method 3: Use SFC Tool
The system files can get corrupted or broken sometimes. It is majorly because of the improper shutdown of the computer or malware in the system. So with the help of a system file checker, we can get these files back. Here’s how to do it.
- You can run a full scan using your antivirus software.
- You have to use registry repair files to check if the Windows registry entry is damaged or not.
- Also, remove the unnecessary files that you no longer need.
- Use Windows Restore to get the recent changes back and see if the error still exists or not.
Method 4: Quickbooks install diagnostic tool
This magnificent tool automatically detects the presence of any issue that might persists during the time of installation of the Quickbooks software. After running the tool you will be able to detect any installation-related issue and will help in fixing the Quickbooks error 1328.
- The first step is to download and install the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- After installing it, you have to click on the installation issues on the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- Now, you have to press the run scan button.
- Also, ensure that you have installed the latest version of windows on your device.
- Now just restart your device and then relaunch your Quickbooks software.
Method 5: Quickbooks Repair
In most cases, Quickbooks error 1328 gets resolved by repairing the windows files. If you are still facing the error then you may consider repairing the Quickbooks files. To do this you have to open the control panel and then select the Programs and Features option. From the list, you have to find Quickbooks, and then simply use the uninstall/change option you have to choose the repair option. Now, just apply the changes and go and open the Quickbooks software.
Method 6: Clean installation of Quickbooks
In a clean installation, the user has to delete all the Quickbooks software and then reinstall the software. To do this just uninstall the software and delete all the files from your device. After you have to download the Quickbooks software from Intuit’s official website and then install it. This will allow Quickbooks to remove all the damaged files and rectifying the error from its roots. You can also use the Quickbooks Tool hub to make things easier, there is an inbuilt option of clean install in the Quickbooks Tool hub software.
Hopefully, your error has been rectified, these processes are very powerful and if done carefully can surely rectify your issue. If even after performing these processes your error persists then you have to contact the customer care support of the Quickbooks Software.