QuickBooks is great software used by thousands of users worldwide. It has made accounting brilliantly easy. Quickbooks contains a variety of tools that are required for performing daily accounting tasks. Even after so much glory and triumph, there still are some shortcomings in the Quickbooks software. These are called errors. One such error that haunts the Quickbooks users is the Quickbooks error 6190 and 816. This error occurs due to some technical issue in the Quickbooks application.
We understand that this error can be very frustrating to you as all your work is halted because of this single error. This is exactly why we have come up with this article. With the help of this article, you will be able to eliminate the Quickbooks error 6190 816 very easily. All you have to do is to follow the instructions given by us one by one.
So, without wasting any more time let’s understand this error in detail.
What is Quickbooks Error 6190 816?
As said earlier, the Quickbooks error code -6190, -81 is a technical issue that comes up with an error message that states QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer. This simply means that you will not be able to access the company file for the time being.
Now, we have understood what the error is about, it is time to learn the reason that causes this error.
What are the causes of Quickbooks Error 6190 816?
There are a number of reasons that can cause this error to happen, let’s check what they are.
- This error usually occurs because the transaction log file does not match with the company file.
- In case the company file is in the format .qbw .tlgfile. This type of file cannot be converted into a company data file. So, it is obvious that you will encounter this error.
- If you try to update the company file on a different computer then you will have to face this error.
- You can also see this error if someone else is accessing the company file in Single user mode.
- Your Quickbooks file could have gone corrupted or damaged.
These points will help you in preventing this error from happening in the future. Let’s see the solutions to this error now.
What are the solutions to Quickbooks error 6190 816?
There are multiple solutions to Quickbooks Error -6190, -816. You have to try out each solution one by one until you find the method that applies to your case.
Solution 1: With Quickbooks file Doctor
- First, you have to download the Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- After installing the Tool you have to navigate to the company file issues.
- Now, click on the green button named Run Quickbooks File Doctor.
- The scan will start, you have to wait till it is over.
Solution 2: Rename the company file
- First, you have to find and open the company folder.
- Simply look for the company file. The TLG and the company file will have the same name. They however will have a different extension. For example
- Now, you have to rename the company file. You can use anything like old or something but remember not to change the file extension. For example company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
- Similarly, you have to change the transaction log.
- Select exit.
- You may check if the error still exists or not.
Solution 3: Single user mode
- To do this, restart your computer.
- Copy the data file to a location other than the source destination.
- Copy them back to the original location.
- You will have to sign into Quickbooks using the login credentials. Switch to single-user mode.
So, these were the solutions to this error. Hopefully, they worked brilliantly for you. We hope that you will check out other articles on our website. They surely are going to be productive for you.
Also, if the error persists, do not forget to contact the customer care support of Quickbooks. An effective team will help you out in rectifying the Quickbooks Error 6190 816.