Quickbooks revolutionized the way accounting software works. It is compatible with various business needs and has something for everyone. Even though Intuit tries to make Quickbooks impeccable, there still exist some errors that shatter down the user experience. One such diabolic issue that users face is the Quickbooks error -6073.
The Quickbooks error code 6073 pops up when you try to open the QB company file in multi-user mode. This error usually comes with an error message that states Quickbooks is unable to open this company file. Anyway, there is nothing for you to worry about. Just because we are here to help you out.
With the help of this post, you will be enlightened about every subtle detail pertinent to Quickbooks 6073 error. You will be given multiple solutions to this error, using which you can easily rectify the error. So, buckle up! we have an error to solve.
What are the causes of Quickbooks error 6073?
There are several file reasons that can lead to this error. Let’s have a look at them one by one.
- The file you are trying to access is open on another computer in single-user mode.
- Your file could be located in a read-only network folder.
- The data is hosted on a Linux server and uses multiple login credentials to sign in.
- If the document is accessed using a remote operating system.
These are the reasons that cause this error to occur. Hopefully, you will be able to prevent this error from happening shortly. It is time for us to understand the solutions to this error. Let’s check them out.
Methods to fix QuickBooks Error 6073
You are supposed to try out each method one by one until you find the solution that applies to your case. Also, do not forget to create a backup of your data to avoid information loss.
Solution 1: Use Quickbooks File Doctor
The QuickBooks file doctor is an incredible tool that can resolve most of the company file-related issues. QB file doctor is a tool that is inside the Quickbooks Tool Hub software. Here is how you can make use of this amazing tool.
- To do this, first of all, download and install the Quickbooks tool hub software.
- Now launch the tool hub.
- Navigate to the company file issues section.
- Here, you have to click on the green button named Run Quickbooks File Doctor.
- Browse the company file you were having trouble with. Click on the repair option.
- The file doctor will automatically detect the issue and repair it. You will be notified about it.
Solution 2: Fix Manually
If the company file is opened on another PC in Single User mode
- Firstly, you have to shut QuickBooks Desktop in all the workstations.
- Secondly, launch the company file on the Host computer.
- Now simply switch to Multi-user mode from the file menu.
- In case you face constant issues, revive all the workstations.
In case the company file is launched in Single User mode on the Host computer
- The initial step is to navigate to the File menu and choose Close company.
- Open the company file again.
- Under the File menu, choose Open or Restore Company.
- Now open a company file and click Next.
- You have to choose the company file and open it in multi-user mode.
The company file in the read-only network folder
- Log in to the computer that is posting your company file.
- Simply open the folder in which your company file is stored.
- Right-click on the folder and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Security tab. Now, click on the user with login issues. Select Edit.
- Click on allow. Later click apply and then Ok.
In case of remote access of the file
- Firstly, right-click on Taskbar. Now, select Task Manager.
- Choose Processes. You have to check if there are any running processes.
- Finally, restart your system.
Solution 3: The Network Data file is unavailable or corrupted
- First of all, you have to right-click on the Start button. Next open Windows Explorer.
- Look for the folder that contains the QuickBooks company file.
- Now, you will have to right-click the company file which has the Network Data and QB company file extension.
- Rename it to .ndold extension and hit Enter.
- Launch QuickBooks and open the company file.
- Check if the error persists or not.
Solution 4: Checking hidden files
- The initial step is to open My Computer, visit the Tools menu and click on the Folder Options.
- Navigate down to the View tab and click Show hidden files & folders.
- Later, launch the data folder to check the network data files and transaction log files.
- You have to Right-click on the network data file and select properties.
- Simply, delete the Hidden option and click Ok.
These were the solutions you were looking for. We hope that you could kick out your issue using our methods. As gratitude, do check out other articles on our website. They are going to be really innovative for you.
Also, if your error still exists, do not hesitate to contact the customer care support team of Quickbooks. They will help you out in figuring out the solutions to this error.