QuickBooks has a huge reputation for helping millions of business organizations and owners manage their accounting and other business operations. Being such powerful software, it is natural that it will also face some technical glitches and errors. One such issue is QuickBooks Error 80070057 which users often face while working on the software.
This error code usually arises when users are unable to open the company file developed by the earlier version of QB. In this article, we will help you understand the error code, its symptoms, and the advanced solutions to resolve this error.
What is QuickBooks Error 80070057?
The code 0x80070057 is one of the most common run-time errors faced by QuickBooks users, which states that the parameter is wrong or that the program does not have sufficient permissions to delete the corporate file. So, when you try to open the corporate file on the QB desktop, you may receive the error message stating that: “code 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect”. OR “QB Error Code status 80070057: The parameter is wrong” or “You do not have sufficient permissions to eliminate the corporate file”.
Possible Reasons of QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
This issue occurs when a user attempts to open a company file from a workstation situated on another web server or host machine. The following are some of the possible reasons for QuickBooks Error 80070057:
- One of the major reasons for the occurrence of the error code 80070057 is the incorrect firewall and internet security settings.
- Secondly, there might be a possibility that.ND files are corrupted.
- Thirdly, you are attempting to open the portable file when QuickBooks is not open.
- Another possibility for the occurrence of this error shall be damaged or corrupted QB files.
- Moreover, this type of problem might occur if the corporate file extension has been altered.
- This error may arise if the file extensions are wrong.
- Another explanation for this might be that the third-party firewall is not set properly.
Signs of QuickBooks Error 80070057
If you are receiving the QB error code: 0x80070057 on your QuickBooks desktop, there might be a possibility that your system is indicating you with the below-mentioned signs or symptoms:
- Your company file unexpectedly collapses.
- The error message start displaying on the screen stating that the parameter is incorrect:
- Another sign of the QuickBooks error 80070057 is that your system starts freezing.
- The system responds slowly or the software window constantly crashes.
- The user does not have the authority to delete business files.
Advanced Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057
After exploring the symptoms and the causes of the error 0x80070057, let us now understand the possible and tested solutions to resolve the QuickBooks error code 80070057.
Solution 1: Open the Company File Correctly
This error code can be avoided if the corporate file is opened properly. Thus, in the first step open the corporate file appropriately. The steps involved are as follows:
- First, launch the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Then, choose the company file.
- At last, select the open tab.
Solution 2: Place the Company File in its Default Location
Another option is to rename the business file and save it in the default place. If the corporate file is saved somewhere else other than its default location, you must move it there. The steps involved are as under:
- Firstly, shut down your QB desktop.
- Proceed to the place of the company file.
- Copy the company file by right-clicking on it.
- Navigate to the default location, then right-click and choose paste. The path that should be selected is C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files.
- After that, launch QuickBooks desktop and then choose to find a company file.
- Then, select local drives and look for the company file name.
- At last, choose the appropriate company files, then click open.
Also, if multi-user mode is enabled, ensure you share the files once you have relocated them.
Solution 3: Use the QB File Doctor Tool
If the above first two procedures did not work, you can download and run the QB file doctor tool. The following are the steps involved in this case:
- In the first step, close the QB programs.
- Save the QuickBooks Tool Hub file to your PC after downloading it.
- Once that is complete, double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to launch it. And then, install and agree to the terms and conditions by following the on-screen directions.
- Open the QB tool hub by clicking on the icon twice.
- Navigate to the company file Issues tab.
- After that, Run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- In file doctor, choose the company file from the drop-down option.
- If you are unable to locate the company file, use the Browse and search option to locate the business file.
- Select the check your file option, then click the proceed button.
- Next, input the QB admin password before choosing the next option.
- At last, access QB and the company file to see if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 4: Upgrade QuickBooks to the Latest Version
You may potentially resolve this problem by updating the QuickBooks to its latest version. Such problems are frequently caused by an out-of-date version of the QB software. The steps involved in this process are as under:
- At first, locate the help menu.
- Then, hit update QuickBooks.
- In case you wish to delete the previous update downloads, go to the update now tab and select the reset update option.
- Then, click the get updates option, after that, select the start.
Solution 5: Check the Company File Name Extension
If none of the previous approaches have worked for you so far in resolving the error code 80070057 QuickBooks, you might check the corporate file name extension. The following are the steps involved in this particular process:
- Firstly, choose the Company file and right-click on it.
- Then click the Properties option.
- After that, select the QuickBooks tab.
- Now, Enter the QuickBooks file extension and QB software version that was last opened with a file in the Filename field.
- At last, hit OK.
Step 1: Modify the File Extension
To modify the file extension, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Right-click on the screen to create a new folder.
- The user has to copy the Company file and paste such file into a new folder.
- Choose Rename from the menu when you right-click the folder.
- To save the changes, rename the file extension to .qbm and hit on the Save button.
- To recover the portable company file, open QuickBooks.
- If you have trouble launching QuickBooks, rename the extension to .qbb.
- Now, restore the backup of QuickBooks desktop and then open .
- If the file won’t open, change the extension to .qbx.
- Finally, use QB Convert to create an accounting copy.
Step 2: Paste the Company File into a New Folder on the Flash Drive
- Launch the Windows Explorer and QB Desktop programs.
- Navigate to “File,” right-click, and choose “New Folder.”
- “Companyfile.QBW” should be copied from the Flash drive and pasted into a new folder.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop again and create a new folder.
Solution 6: Execute a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
If none of the solutions work, you may simply execute a clean QuickBooks installation. The program must be uninstalled and reinstalled throughout this process. It can assist you to get rid of the problem to a large extent by removing technical problems. As a result, attempt a clean installation or use the QuickBooks clean install tool.
QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 may be quite inconvenient for the users to cope with. However, using the tested solutions listed above may assist you in resolving the error quickly. In case, the problem persists, you can restart your system and then uninstall the software. After that, we recommend you install it again.