As we all know, Quickbooks is very amazing accounting software that can be used by both professionals and amateurs. The major reason behind it is the friendly interface of Quickbooks. The interface is so simple and sober that nearly anybody can make the best of out. Not only the interface but the set of tools that Quickbooks offers is an offer that you can never refuse. Despite its resilient behavior, there are some troublemakers that pop into the QB software once in a while. One such issue is the Quickbooks Runtime Error.
The Runtime Error 0f Quickbooks can turn out to be very agitating as it is tough to fix this error. Well, you don’t have to get all nerve wrecked. We are here to help you out. All you need to do is to follow each and every carefully.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Runtime Error?
You may not aware of the fact but the system gets corrupted with some hidden factors and thereafter bring the error issue. Now, it’s time to learn all the notorious factors that make you suffer. So, let’s move below and learn the pointers.
- Corruption within the QBW.INI file.
- Mistakenly enabling the windows compatibility mode.
- Damaged and corrupted QB file.
- QuickBooks installation is not done properly.
- Microsoft Visual C++ causing the real problem.
You have to ensure to root out all these hidden causes and factors that make the error appears. The troubleshooting guide provided below will help you in conducting the operation. So, don’t hesitate to do the task.
So, without wasting any more time let’s jump straight into it.
What are the solutions to Quickbooks Runtime Error?
There are multiple solutions to this error. You just have to follow each method until you find the correct solution that suits your case. Also, create a backup of your important file to avoid data loss.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Runtime Error
Solution 1: Reboot Your Computer
- Restarting your computer is a great way to eliminate many issues in your Windows. It will also help in eradicating this Quickbooks error.
- After that, you’ll have to click the windows key on your keyboard and choose the restart button.
- The restart process will shortly begin.
- Wait till the reboot to over. After that, you have to open the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks With No Data
Intuit, the creators of Quickbooks have recommended to the QB users that launching QuickBooks with no data is one of the best ways to repair QuickBooks 2003 runtime Error.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del simultaneously and check if the QBW.EXE file is running.
- If you see the QBW.EXE listed, simply click the file and choose the end process option.
- Now, right-click on the QuickBooks icon while holding the Ctrl key. Click on open while still holding the key.
- You can access Quickbooks by doing this without the account.
Solution 3: Shut down all the windows that are open
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del again and check if QBW32.EXE is running on your computer.
- You have to ensure that the QBW.EXE isn’t running. You now have to right-click on the desktop icon of Quickbooks.
- Simply hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard. While holding the key down, you have to click on the open option.
- Now, hold the Alt key on the keyboard from the No Company Open Screen.
- Hold down the Alt key pressed and you have to click on hospitable launch your QB company file.
Solution 4: Renaming the QBW.INI File
- If none of the above solutions work, then you ought to attempt to rename the QBW.INI enter in order to urge obviate the semantic error.
- Use the Windows file search tool to seek out the file on your computer (or locate that by manually navigating to the situation of the file).
- After locating QBW.INI, right-click on it and select rename.
- It is recommended to change the name to .OLD extension, thus your file should be QBW.OLD. Press enter to save the changes.
Solution 5: QuickBooks Program diagnostic tool
The QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool is a great option to resolve the runtime error in QuickBooks. With the help of this tool, you can easily kick away the issue. Let’s see how you can do it.
- First of all download and install the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Now, from the home page, you have to navigate to the program problems page.
- Here, you have to click on the Quickbooks Program Diagnostic Tool button.
- If a prompt window opens up, click on yes.
- The scan will start. It may take a few minutes for the scan to complete.
- Do not close the window till the scan is over. Reboot your computer and check for the presence of the error.
We hope that we could help you out in resolving this error. These methods are really powerful and have the caliber to resolve your issue. You just have to follow each method carefully. Also, you should create a backup of your important files before performing these methods. This will help in preventing any kind of data issue.
Also, do not forget to check out other articles on our website. They will help you out in resolving all the Quickbooks-related issues. That being said, we genuinely hope that your error has been fixed by using our solutions.