QuickBooks Error 1402 is an installation error that occurs when the installation procedure encounters difficulty. Error 1402 is caused by an inadequate installation that leaves crucial parts lacking. With its numerous functions, QuickBooks makes running a business a breeze. However, while being cutting-edge software, it is not without flaws.
A troubled installation fails to download vital files required to operate the software, and a corrupted installation causes the product to malfunction. Here, we’ll discuss the probable reasons for error code 1402 and how to resolve them for mistake-free company accounting.
Brief to QuickBooks Error 1402
Once you get into the details of error 1402, it’s critical to first grasp the foundations of the problem. This difficulty usually occurs when your device lacks specific components that are essential to operate QuickBooks.
Damaged Windows files are the sole cause of lost parts. This error may also appear on your display if QB software requires a component that is not accessible due to corrupted Windows files. The causes and solutions will be discussed later in the post.
The error message pops on your display as:
“Couldn’t open key”
Common Reasons to QuickBooks Error Code 1402
QuickBooks Error number 1402 can be caused by several of the following factors:
- Unless the CD that was used to install the software is broken,
- Secondary Windows applications might occasionally conflict with the QuickBooks installation process, resulting in QuickBooks Desktop error 1402.
- Microsoft elements such as MSXML, C++, and the.NET Framework that are required for an error-free QuickBooks installation are absent.
- Incorrect or incomplete QuickBooks software installation, error 1402 could not open key.
- You may get the following error if the QuickBooks installation file is corrupt: 1402
- Another cause of QuickBooks error 1402 is an out-of-date window.
Important Points to Remember
To avoid the occurrence of the error in your QuickBooks, look for some steps of prevention down below.
- Backups of your data should be created on a frequent routine.
- Allow software installs to proceed at their own pace and do not disrupt them.
- Remove the garbage files on a regular basis.
- Continue to install new QuickBooks desktop updates as they become released.
Troubleshooting Error Code 1402 with Simple Methods
There are a few options for correcting this mistake that you should consider. The following troubleshooting procedures can be used to resolve this issue:
Method 1: Install all the Updates available and Upgrade MS-Windows
When you Update your QuickBooks, it’s likely that you can fix your installation error, Follow the detailed steps down below.
- Press the Windows symbol in the lower left-hand corner of your screen with the Start key on your computer.
- Check for Updates by searching for them.
- Select Check for Updates to see what updates are available.
- All outstanding updates should be installed.
- Restart the machine to see if anything has changed.
Method 2: Run Install Tool in QuickBooks
There is a brilliant tool provided by Intuit, that fixes all issues relating to Installations, go to the official website of Intuit’s website and solve all your problems.
- To begin, go to the official Intuit website and download the QuickBooks Install Daignostic Tool.
- Next, shut off any apps that are operating in the background.
- Run this Tool after that.
- It may take up to 20 minutes to complete the procedure, depending on your network and system performance.
- Finally, reboot the computer.
Method 3: Configuration of Windows Registry Settings
- To open the Run window, hit Windows + R on your desktop and enter Regedit in the text field.
- Select OK or push Enter.
- While making adjustments, make sure you have a backup of the registry.
- Choose Export from the File tab at the top.
- Give the backup file a name and save it to your computer.
- Go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREClasses from the left side panel of the Windows Registry.
- From the Edit section, choose Permissions.
- In the Advanced section, select Add.
- For each item name, choose Everyone and then choose OK.
- Exit Registry Editor after selecting the Full Control option.
- If you still encounter problem 1402 installing QuickBooks after running QuickBooks update, move on to the next diagnostic procedure.
Method 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Once the Windows update and windows registry are configured. Perform a reinstallation process to fix error code 1402, since the outdated system can also lead to the installation error. Look for the steps below and learn how to reinstall the accounting software.
- Select the Start option from the menu.
- By using the search box, look for Control Panel.
- Go to the Programs and Features option after that.
- You may choose to Add or Remove Programs from this menu.
- You must locate QuickBooks in the list of applications. Then pick it and choose Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
When the steps are completed on your device, users are advised to install and download QuickBooks Desktop from a reputed site. To work efficiently remember to download the best edition of the software version on your device.
Method 5: In the Bitdefender Exclusion List Add QuickBooks
Follow the instructions described down below to add QuickBooks to the Bitdefender exclusion list.
- If you’re using a 32-bit version of Windows, you’ll need to add C: Program Files Common Files to your exclusion list.
- C: Program Files Intuit (C: Program Files (x86)Intuit) must be added to the exclusion list for 64-bit Windows OS.
Method 6: Go to Adobe Flash Player and Reinstall
On your system navigate to the Adobe Flash Player and uninstall it. Once you have deleted the software, Reinstall it again and look for the changes on your device. Follow the instructions here and Reinstall again.
- Install the Install Diagnostic Tool on your PC and run it.
- After that, go to the Start menu.
- Now, you may search for Control Panel in the search bar.
- Then choose to uninstall the software from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the “Adobe Flash Player ActiveX” software from the list of programs.
- Then select Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish the uninstalling procedure.
Method 7: Function Selective Startup Mode
Users can use the Selective startup for eradicating Error Code 1402 on your QuickBooks. This problem might also be caused by third-party programs that prevent the installation from taking place. You may just use the selected starting mode to attempt to repair the problem. In this scenario, the measures to take are as follows:
- Update and prepare the data
- Run the device system in Selective Startup mode
- Go to QuickBooks and Uncheck the ‘Hide all Microsoft service’s checkbox’ – Install the QuickBooks Desktop turn back to Normal startup mode
- Finally, restart your device again on the system configuration window.
Eradicating the Error 1402 from popping up again
You may not want QuickBooks error 1402 to return now that you’ve addressed it by going through so much professional difficulty and wasting far more time. You can avoid QuickBooks installation issues by following a few easy steps. To avoid a data crisis triggered by error number 1402, make a backup of your data.
Regardless of how long it takes, don’t stop a QuickBooks installation in progress. Remove the system garbage and reinstall the software if the procedure is halted. Maintain your QuickBooks using the most recent service version.
Addressing issue 1402 in QuickBooks may take several tries and knowledge of the Windows os. We anticipate that after reading the preceding information attentively, you will be able to avoid the error with ease. You may also avoid this QB error code by understanding the factors and following the precautionary steps outlined in the post. We trust that you make use of the right use of the knowledge provided by us and solve the issue.