QuickBooks is software that small and medium-sized enterprises love. Lately, even large organizations started using QB to fulfill their accounting system. This means QuickBooks is that reliable and sophisticated. One of the reasons that uplift QuickBooks glory is the maintenance and repair tools that it provides, it is one of the best things that one can expect from an accounting companion. Albeit, QuickBooks is magnificent there exist some trouble makers. Such a trouble maker is the QuickBooks rebuild error 179.
The QuickBooks Error 179 occurs when you try to log into any bank’s website using QuickBooks Desktop software. So, if you want to continue accessing the bank page, you will have to troubleshoot this error.
It can be frustrating. You might be logging in to the bank’s page to deal with n important matter. All of a sudden, out of the blue QuickBooks error code 179 pops into your screen. This could be a terrible situation, all your work will get interrupted just by this single error.
No need to worry though, we are here to help you. With this article, you will surely figure out the way to eradicate the QuickBooks desktop error 179 once and for all. Here you will get in-depth knowledge about this error, its causes, and most importantly how to fix the error 179 QuickBooks.
So, without further ado, let’s hop in.
What is QuickBooks Error 179?
The QuickBooks Error 179 occurs when you try to access the bank’s page using QuickBooks software. In simple words, when you get redirected to a bank’s page from QuickBooks desktop. You try to log into your account but you cannot, then this means you are facing the QuickBooks error 179. Now, that we know what this error is, it is time for us to understand what causes this error.
What causes QuickBooks error 179?
There are a number of reasons that can cause error 179. It is important to understand what causes this error because then you can definitely avoid it from happening in the future. So, let’s see what they are.
- The transaction you conducted might be missing on the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Different kinds of errors may pop up in the company files. These errors generate a series of other errors.
- Negative values in the bills and invoices may lead to this error.
- You may have used incorrect login credentials.
- If your QuickBooks desktop is being used from multiple devices at the same time.
- Your system is under a malware or virus attack.
- In your internet browser, there could be a cache issue.
- There could be some kind of issue with your company file.
- You did not log out of your last session.
We now know the meaning and causes of error 179. The vital part is here, how to solve it? Let’s figure that out.
How to rectify QuickBooks error 179?
These are solutions to resolve the QuickBooks error 179. you have to try out each method one by one until you find the best fit for you. It is recommended that you create a backup file of your data before performing these solutions.
Solution 1: Logging out from Bank
- You have to log out of the banking account from all of the systems in which you have currently logged in.
- You will have to make sure that nobody has logged into the account using the same login credentials.
- Now, you just have to log in to the bank’s website as an administrator.
Solution 2: Clearing the Browsing history
- First of all, go to google chrome.
- Press the keys Ctrl+H simultaneously.
- Now, you will see the option to clear browsing history.
- Click on it and clear all the data from the beginning altogether.
- You may try logging in again to check if the error still persists or not.
Solution 3: Update your bank details in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks Desktop software and then open tools.
- Now, click on the option of Online Centre.
- After doing this you will have to choose the financial institution that you desire to choose.
- You have to press the ctrl+F3 keys simultaneously now.
- Again go to the online center and then choose the option of Contact info.
- Refresh the financial institution.
- A profile information page will appear. You just have to update QuickBooks.
- Choose the update/send option.
- Just enter the password now.
- Check if the error still exists or not.
Solution 4: Repairing the Windows registry
- First of all, you have to open the command prompt.
- Now, type in Regedit and hit enter.
- You will have to select the key related to error 179.
- Now, create a new file and name it. Just select .reg extension. Finally, save it.
Check if the error is persisting or not.
Hopefully, these methods were useful in resolving your error. Do check out our other articles to get more information and ways to rectify these types of errors. In case, While updating QuickBooks Desktop If you have encountered QuickBooks Update Error 15270 then try performing a Clean install of QuickBooks to troubleshoot this error.