The QuickBooks update error 15270 is a payroll update error and it happens when the user tries to download a payroll update. Also, you will see a message stating the name of the error i.e. QuickBooks update error 15270. This message also states that the update has not been completed and an update file is missing. These types of errors can often be frustrating because they pop anytime and the user becomes blank on what to do next.
These types of errors are not that hard to tackle down. With the help of this article, you will be able to demolish the QuickBooks update errors with easiness. Here we will learn everything about this error and then we will also get to know how to avoid the QuickBooks error code 15270 in the future. So, let’s get to know what this error is. Albeit, the main reason is actually improper User Account Control settings but we will see everything in detail.
What is QuickBooks Error 15270?
The error 15270 QuickBooks is an error that occurs when you try to download a payroll update. One of the major reasons that lead to this critical error code is that the intuit or QuickBooks software is running in the background during the Windows operating system update. The QuickBooks Error 15270 comes with an error message, you can identify this error through this message box.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Update error 15270
There is a number of reasons that lead to the occurrence of this error. We will look at them one by one.
- The QuickBooks installation has not been conducted properly.
- The windows program is either corrupted or damaged.
- The antivirus is blocking the communication between the communication of servers.
- The improper firewall and internet settings are creating a blockade for the update.
- The QuickBooks software has not been updated.
- Your internet connection is weak.
- Another important reason can be that your user account settings are turned on.
- Your default browser might not be internet explorer.
You can try looking for any of the above-mentioned reasons on your computer. If they exist then you can rectify them from there themselves.
How QuickBooks Update error 15270 can be cautioned?
It is vital to understand what you can do to avoid the QuickBooks error 15270 before rectifying them. So, let’s see what the ways of avoiding QuickBooks error 15270 are.
- It is easy to download the update but when the update is totally complete, you will have to confirm the update by clicking on the update complete button.
- You will also have to start the QuickBooks desktop software and then make changes according to your business requirements.
- As a user, you have to verify and check if you have the updated and legit version of the QuickBooks software.
- You can also reboot your system from time to time in order to keep it in good form.
Now, that we know the basic information about this error it is for us to get to the main road. We will now try out some powerful methods that can help you resolve the QuickBooks error 15270. Without any delay let’s begin.
Visit to know: How to Handle QuickBooks Unrecoverable Errors
Fixing the QuickBooks error 15270
You have to carry out each method one by one until you find the one that works for you.
Method 1: Manual QuickBooks Update
In this process, the user will have to update the QuickBooks software manually. To do this you have to restart your QuickBooks desktop. Now, navigate to the screen named QuickBooks Update Service, just click the install later option. Click the icon of Help and then you will see update QuickBooks, simply click on that. On this screen, you have to click on the update now tab. Also, mark the Reset updates box and then choose the get updates icon.
You have to click on Ok. When your update is complete you will see a message of update complete. You have to restart your QuickBooks software for the changes to apply. Now, you have to find the Employees section and click on it. After that click on Get Payroll Updates, wait till the update is complete. Don’t forget to ensure that you have chosen the Download entire payroll update option.
After completing this method you will have to check whether QuickBooks update error 15270 still persists or not. If it does then simply move on to the very next step.
Method 2: Install QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode
You have to install QuickBooks software in a mode called selective startup mode.
- The very first step for you is to make sure that you have a valid QuickBooks subscription.
- Now, in the Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll, you will have to click on the tab named employees and then on my payroll service tab. Now, look for Account/Billing Information.
- You are required to sign in to your intuit account using the login credentials. Now check the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance.
- You also have to make sure that your default browser is set as internet explorer.
- You have to disable the User Account Control for a temporary while.
- Now, click on the option of repair QuickBooks Desktop.
- The final step is to perform a clean installation by selecting the Selective Startup.
Method 3: Run Reboot.bat File
The user just has to run the reboot.bat file in this process. The reboot.bat file actually registers the Windows component files related to QuickBooks again in Microsoft windows. To do this you will have to follow these instructions.
- Initially, the user has to shut down the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Now, open the file destination which contains the reboot.dat file.
- You will find this file by right-clicking on the QuickBooks icon and then choosing the open file location option.
- When you locate the file just right-click on the reboot.dat file and click on run as an administrator.
- After doing this you will have to restart your computer.
Method 4: Clean Install of QuickBooks
In this method, we will learn how to conduct a clean install of QuickBooks desktop. This is one of the most efficient processes that are capable of rectifying your errors. Also, if all of the above-mentioned processes were enable to eradicate your error then this process has a high chance of doing it. To do this you can seek help from the QuickBooks clean install tool. After installing it you just have to follow the instructions and carry out the clean install. The final step for you will be to rename the installation folder and reinstall the software.
Method 5: Check QuickBooks Identification Number
QuickBooks error 15270 is an error that can be caused because of the improper identification number. This happens because the user might have entered the wrong key or social security number. This will cause chaos in the software and eventually lead to the happening of this error. So, you are requested to use the correct identification number only.
Method 6: Set Internet Explorer as Default Browser
Another important thing that the user has to do is to set internet explorer as their default browser. In this process, we will learn how to do that. Intuit has configured QuickBooks browser as internet explorer so it has been developed that. You have to use internet explorer for carrying out any process that redirects you to a web page. So, here is how to do it.
Initially, you have to find app defaults in the startup menu. Now, look for a web browser, just select internet explorer as the default web browser.
Method 7: Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
This could be a game-changer for you. In this process, we will discuss the QuickBooks Tool Hub. QB Tool Hub is the ultimate solution to all your QuickBooks problems. It is a tool that is capable of rectifying installation and update errors. As QuickBooks essentials, Error 15270 is an update error this behemoth of a tool can help you out to a very large extent. To do this just follow these steps:
- Initially shut down the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Now, just download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer.
- Just open the downloaded file.
- Follow the instructional window and accept the terms and conditions.
- Then after it is installed you will have to open the software and act accordingly.
Hopefully, your error has been rectified after using the processes that we just discussed. If you are still facing this error then it is recommended that you contact the technical support of Intuit. They will surely help you out with this situation.