QuickBooks software is very handy accounting software. Still, users face many errors. One such issue is Error1321 in QuickBooks which occurs when you don’t have the authority to access the company file. In this error code, the user may receive the message “The installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file”.
QuickBooks Error1321 generally occurs when QuickBooks is not able to access the company file completely or there is some kind of issue with the QuickBooks installation. QuickBooks Error Code 1321 can also occur if your QuickBooks software is not up to date. QuickBooks needs full access to the QuickBooks company files in order to function properly. When QuickBooks is not able to access the company files, it results in QuickBooks Error1321. QuickBooks Error Code 1321 can be resolved by following the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
QuickBooks Error 1321: A Brief Overview
Error1321 QuickBooks Updates comes when a permission problem or a system failure occurs as a result of the installer’s inability to write a file. To fix the error1321 code, the user has to adjust the rights or privileges on the parent file or folder of the file or folder or source specified in the error message.
You may receive the following error message on your system, which reads as follows:
- The installation lacks the rights required to modify the file C:\ Program Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks\ sdkeventl.DLL
- The installation lacks the necessary rights to edit the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL
- The installation lacks the necessary permissions to edit the file located at C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL
- The installation simply lacks the necessary permission to alter the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale\dataimporter.exe
- QuickBooks Error Code 1321: QuickBooks you do not have sufficient permissions to the specified folder
- Error 1321 QuickBooks updates: insufficient user privileges to install application flash
Please note that. DLL path file varies as per QB installation.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1321
The QuickBooks error1321 may be caused by various reasons. The most essential ones, however, are listed below:
- Your antivirus or security software is interfering with or preventing access to QuickBooks.
- The folder hosting the file has Windows permissions configured to prevent access.
- The file has been corrupted.
- If the Windows permissions for the folder containing the file are set to “restrict access,” the file will not be accessible.
- Because the system was improperly turned off.
- The error1321 occurs if the file update operation takes less time than the file copy procedure.
- If your system security software, antivirus, or personal firewall is interfering with or complicating the installation of QuickBooks updates.
5 Tested Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1321
The below-mentioned troubleshooting solutions may assist you in fixing QuickBooks error code 1321:
Solution 1: Restart the Update Process
- To allow the update to complete, click the “Retry” option.
- If it does not work, select the “Cancel” icon that appears on the error message.
- Go to the “Options” tab.
- Disable the system security program or antivirus for the time being.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks program from scratch.
Solution 2: Modifying the Windows Permission on the Folder
After completing the preceding stages, proceed with these troubleshooting steps:
- To open the “Run” box, simultaneously press the “Windows + R key.
- Then, in the Open field, provide the path to the folder containing the QuickBooks software files.
- Now, hit the “Enter” key.
QuickBooks Pro and Premier users ( 32-bit versions of Windows 7 or Vista)
- Navigate to => C: \Program Files\ Intuit \ QuickBooks 2013.
- C:\ Program Files \ Intuit\ QuickBooks 2012.
- C:\ Program Files\ Intuit \ QuickBooks 2010.
- C:\ Program Files \ Intuit\ Enterprise Solutions version 13.0.
- Also, C:\ Program Files \ Intuit\ Enterprise Solutions version 12.0.
QuickBooks Pro and Premier Users ( 64-bit versions of Windows 7 or Vista)
- Locate => C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit \ QuickBooks 2013
- Then, C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit \ QuickBooks version 2012
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\QuickBooks 2010
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 2014
- Select “View” in the new window, then hit “Customize this folder.”
- Go to the “Security tab” in the properties window.
- Now, on the security tab, click “Administrators.”
- Then, next to the full control option, choose the “Allow checkbox.”
- The next step is to choose the “SYSTEM” user from the security tab.
- Then, next to complete control, choose the “Allow checkbox.”
- Finally, press the “OK” button to exit the “Properties” box and install QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Turn off Antivirus Software Temporarily and Reinstall or Update it
- Disable your antivirus and any other security software that is installed on your machine for the time being.
- Once all security software has been deactivated or turned off, just install the QuickBooks program or locate the most recent version update.
- You need to download and install any updates that are available.
- Finally, activate your antivirus program or other protection applications.
Solution 4: Users must Download QuickBooks Install Tool
- Firstly, the user must download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Then, press the “Run” button.
- This tool will look for the issue automatically. Once the program has identified the mistakes, you may correct them all by clicking the fix now option.
Solution 5: Create a New User Account having Administrative Privileges
- Firstly, hit on “Start”.
- Then, press Control Panel, followed by selecting Users/Accounts.
- After that, choose ”New User”.
- Now, create an account and set it as an administrator
- Also, keep on creating an account by hitting on “create account”
- Make sure to log out from the account that you are currently using.
- At last, log into the account you created before.
QuickBooks Error 1321 occurs if you don’t have permission to log in to any particular file. In this article, we have mentioned all the related troubleshooting methods. So that you can easily resolve the error1321 QuickBooks updates. If you are not able to rectify the error1231 even if you perform all the above-mentioned solutions, then you can contact the technical support of the QuickBooks software. We hope that this article helped you to resolve the error.