QuickBooks Error 15311 belongs to the 15xxx error series that pops up while updating your QuickBooks software. This error code is related to the payroll function. There are many reasons behind the occurrence of the error but the main reason for the Qb update error 15311 is the faults in QuickBooks setup and the windows issues. As a result, you can’t refresh the QuickBooks software. When you face the QuickBooks update Error 15311, you will receive the error message on the display that says –
“QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully.”
“Cannot connect to QuickBooks payroll”.
In this article, we are going to discuss the causes behind this Quickbooks update error and its signs through which you will identify Error 15311 QuickBooks. We will also discuss the troubleshooting methods through which you can readily resolve the error 15311.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 15311?
There are a number of reasons that can lead to this error. You can check them out to avoid this error in the coming future.
- The QuickBooks File you downloaded could be a corrupted one.
- Your computer could be under a malware attack.
- There could be something wrong while installing the QuickBooks files.
- The windows registry files could be damaged.
- Another chance is that any of the QuickBooks files are missing.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks can also lead to this error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15311
Before knowing the resolving method, you should know the symptoms. Following are the signs and symptoms that will help you to understand Quickbooks update error 15311.
- The windows system works sluggishly.
- Your computer system gets crashes now and then.
- The computer system gets frozen or hung frequently.
- Your system responds very slowly to the inputs.
Also Read: Methods To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Firewall Error
Solutions of QuickBooks Error 15311
These are the solutions to this Qb error. Perform each solution one by one until you find the solution that works for you.
Solution 1: Installing a Digital Signature Certificate
You need to follow the below-outlined steps to install the certificate of digital signature.
- To do this, open the start menu, and then in the search box search for “QBW32.exe.”
- Now, click on the Computer icon on the next screen that appears.
- You have to find QBW.exe in the search results.
- Right-click the “QBW32.exe” and choose the “Properties“ option.
- You now have to click on the “Digital Signature” button. Do ensure that Intuit Inc has been checked in the list.
- Next, click on “Details.“
- In the Digital Signature Details window, you have to choose “View Certificate”.
- In the next certificate window, you have to click on “Install Certificate“.
- You simply have to go with the on-screen instructions until you see the Finish button.
- Click “Finish“.
- Restart your computer.
Solution 2: Check Internet Explorer Settings
Make sure to set Internet Explorer as your default browser before performing this method.
- Ensure the correctness of the date and time.
- Right-click the time and date dis[play in the bottom right of your screen.
- Change the “Date and time”. Only if it is not already correct.
- In the “Time Zone” section Select the “Correct time zone“.
- Also, check the “Cipher Strength“.
- Now, visit the “official website of Intuit“.
- Hit the Alt key on your keyboard to see the menu bar.
- Click on File and then choose Properties.
- Verify the number under connection. Also on the phrase “bit encryption.”
- Now, update the settings under Tools. Later, go to “Internet Options“.
- Go to temporary files and delete them by holding the Delete key on the keyboard.
- Next, you have to visit the Connections tab and choose LAN Settings.
- After that, simply tick the checkbox named “Automatically Detect settings.”
- Once done, scroll down and select the “Advanced tab” and check “SSL 2.0” and “SSL 3.0“.
- If you have already marked the “Publisher’s Certificate“, you will have to clear the box next to that.
- TLS 2.0 should remain unticked.
Solution 3: Update Windows
Updating windows is a great way of eliminating any kind of technical operating system error. It also clears out bugs and introduces additional features to the windows. Not only that but updating the windows operating system also enables the essential windows components to update. These components are vital for the working of QuickBooks.
Also Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 103?
Solution 4: Use Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is a highly powerful tool that is capable of eliminating installation errors in QuickBooks. Here is how you can use it.
- Initially, download and install the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now, launch the tool hub.
- Then, visit the installation issues tab.
- Here, you will find QuickBooks install diagnostic tool button and then click on it.
- Finally, the issue will be scanned and repaired automatically by the tool.
Solution 5: Conduct a Clean Install
Clean install clears out the files that are causing trouble for QuickBooks. These are usually damaged or corrupted files. With the help of a clean install, you no longer have to deal with these files. Here is how the clean install works.
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now just go to Installation issues.
- Hit the clean install tool button.
- The clean installation will automatically be conducted. You just have to wait till it is over.
So, these were the solutions you were looking for. We hope that through this article we could help you out. Also, check out other articles on our website. They are surely gonna be productive to you.