When you want to open the QuickBooks at webpages and you are facing the loading problem of webpages or the webpages is not successfully open in front of you, it means the QuickBooks script error occurs on your QuickBooks software. The error message pops up on your system’s screen and says “A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly”. Due to this error, your computer gets hanged and unresponsive.
In this article, we are going to mention the causes of this error along with its troubleshooting methods. These troubleshooting methods will help you to fix the script error.
What is a Script Error in QuickBooks?
The reason behind this script error in QuickBooks is due to the wrong browser setting and this can’t affect your important data like it will not break the files, loss, or damaged the data. This error occurs on your system when you try to load a page and failed.
Although, the warning message displays like “A script error has encountered on the page. Line 22 char 2 error…” or “Line: 68, Char: 54, Error: Expected ‘)’, Code:0” or “QuickBooks script error unable to get property length of undefined or Null reference”.
Causes of QuickBooks Script Error
There are the following lists of all the reasons behind this error occurrence are mentioned below:-
- When importing a dealing has an account but the user has not created that account before importing.
- When importing a bill or invoice has an account different from assets or account.
- Already running the Internet browser.
- When the account details are already used then this error will occur.
- Internet Explorer is not synced with QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks script error line 299 can increase if the malware infection is there in your system.
- The script debugging feature is enabled.
- Active X broken components can cause the script error.
- JAVA, ADOBE, FLASH, etc may be corrupted or damaged.
- From one website receiving occasional script errors.
- Before the appearance of script error takes any changes.
- The window user is corrupted.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Script Error
There are various methods to troubleshoot script errors, follow the steps in the right way to resolve this error that mentioned below:-
Method 1- For QuickBooks Script Error Turn off Notifications
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer and visit the Tools.
- Select the Internet option then goes to the Advanced tab.
- Click on the option to clear the display notification of all script errors.
- Now, click on OK to save the changes.
Method 2- Clear SSL Certificate From the IE
- Go to the Internet option and then select the Gear icon.
- Now, click on the Clear SSL state in the content tab.
- Lastly, save the changes by clicking on OK.
Method 3- Turn off Add-ons in IE
- Go to the Tools Tab and then select the Internet Options.
- In the programs, the tab goes and clicks on the Manage Add-ons.
- After clicking on the add-on option then you have to select the disable add-on performance notifications tab.
- Then tap on the OK button and exit from the Internet Explorer.
Method 4- Verify the Active Scripting and Uninstall the Active X
- Go to the IE and then move to internet options.
- Now, choose the tools options and then click on the Security tab.
- Then, go to the Custom Level option and search for the ActiveX control and then the plug-ins options.
- Lastly, click on the default level and then press the OK tab.
Method 5- Clean Cache Data Folder of Internet Explorer
- Open the Internet Explorer and then go to the Tools option.
- Click on the Internet options and then tap on the general tab.
- Go to the delete option which is under browsing history.
- Check-mark cookies and website data, history & temporary internet files options.
- Lastly, click on the Apply to save that.
Method 6- Set You IE as a Default Browser
- Open the internet explorer on your system to reset the default browser.
- Then go to the tools and select the internet options.
- Now, click on the Advanced tab.
- Select the reset to default option and tap on the OK to complete the process.
Method 7- Enable Script Debugging in the Browser
- First of all, go to internet explorer and click on the internet option.
- Now, click on the Advanced tab.
- Verify the option of setting.
- Hit the section of browsing.
- Now, you have to enable script debugging.
- Click Ok & exit from the explorer.
- Lastly, you have to open the explorer again.
Method 8- Add Intuit as a Trusted Site
- Go to the internet explorer and then click on the Gear icon.
- Then go to the Tools section on internet explorer and then select the Security tab.
- Select the trusted site and tap on the Sites tab.
- After that, type the https://*. Intuit. Com and visit the website to the zone field then tap on the add button.
- Now, carry out the steps for https://*.quickbooks.com.
- Exit from the trusted site window.
- Now, go to the custom level and scroll down to the miscellaneous.
- Choose the unable under the allow cross-domain requests.
- Then, click on the “apply” and then exit from the internet options windows.
- In the end, reboot the internet explorer and save the changes.
Method 9- Configure Internet Explorer Browser
- Open the Internet Explorer and then click on the Gear icon in the right corner.
- Select the Tools options and then go to the compatibility view settings.
- Then check-mark the Display intranet in compatibility view.
- Finally, click on the close tab.
Method 10: Launch an IE in View of Compatibility
We are going to mention the steps that help you to launch the IE.
- At first, you have to open the IE.
- Click on tool that is available on setting.
- Now, you must open the settings of compatibility view.
- Tick the checkbox that says show all the sites in compatibility view.
- click on save to save the changes.
Method 11: Placing the URL in Message to the Restricted Websites in QB
Follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the error if none of the above-mentioned methods helped you.
- To start with, open QuickBooks.
- Navigate yourself to the option of help.
- Click on setup of Internet connection.
- Now, you must click the tab of restricted site after navigating the tab of security option.
- Hit the site.
- After that, you must copy URL along with error message & paste it.
- Click on the button of Add followed by clicking the button of close.
- Hit Ok.
- To end with, hit the done option to save the edition.
Lastly, if the QuickBooks script error is still not solved then you have to update QuickBooks Desktop. We hope this article will be helpful for you and the above-mentioned steps are easy and simple. Follow all the troubleshooting ways stepwise and if one method didn’t solve your issue then follow the other methods or contact our expert technical staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is QuickBooks Script Error in QB Desktop?
QuickBooks Script Error is a frequent error in the QB program. When you try to launch the QuickBooks program, you may get this error message which reads, “An error has occurred in this page’s script.
Line 7 561 Char, Error: Property Length of Undefined or Null Reference, Code: 0
“An error has occurred in this page’s script.”
The problem status is also shown as “Internet Explorer error.”
Moreover, this script problem prevents you from working on the program and slows down the update procedure.
How to fix Script errors in QuickBooks?
To troubleshoot the QuickBooks script error, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Disable the notification for the QB script error
- Clear the SSL certificate from the Internet Explorer
- Also, disable add-ons in Internet Explorer
- Then, check the available scripting and remove Active X.
- After that, erase the cache data folder of Internet Explorer
- Set Internet Explorer as your default browser
- In the browser, deactivate script debugging
- Configure Intuit as a trustworthy website.
- Install Internet Explorer in Compatibility Mode.
Mention the QB tool used for fixing Script Error
While facing the issue of a QB script error, you may witness issues with the company file. Thus, to resolve the error related to the company file, make use of the QuickBooks file doctor tool to troubleshoot it.
Name some scripts error in QuickBooks?
Some of the script errors that a user might encounter while working on QuickBooks are as follows:
- QuickBooks Script Error Line 13
- QB Script Error Line 229
- Script Error Line O QuickBooks
- Script Error Line 67
- 2011 Script Error QuickBooks
- Script Error when Opening QB
- QuickBooks Pro 2014 Script Error
- QB Pro 2015 Script Error
- Script Error Line 300 QB
- QuickBooks Pro 2015 Script Error
What if Script Errors are not resolved?
After following the troubleshooting solutions, if you are unable to solve the script errors, it is crucial to update the QB desktop. The QuickBooks desktop can be updated to the latest release via multiple methods, which are as follows:
- Manual QB update
- On-demand update method
- Automatic QB update method (default setting)
- Release Download