Encountering the QuickBooks error 140015 while syncing the QuickBooks desktop to POS can be agitating. We can understand the situation you are going through while conducting the task. That’s why providing you with a helping hand through this post. There would be no issues further once you get into the entire guide and learn different ways of troubleshooting. So, make sure to initiate the procedure with a little brief of the error.
QuickBooks Error 140015: Error Text & Description
The user can face the error during financial and store exchange while trying to establish a connection between QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks Point of Sale. Data Exchange issues within the QuickBooks POS and desktop could be the leading factor of the error. So, we must try to root out it as early as possible. Well, you may face the error text stated below.
Error Name: QuickBooks Error 140015 Error Message: Point of Sale could not establish a Connection with QuickBooks Error Code: 140015 Cause: Data Exchange issue within QuickBooks POS and desktop
This is not the only cause that takes shape to Intuit file exchange issues but lot many. You can move ahead to the next section to know all of them.
Other Causes of QuickBooks Error 140015
Several causes are responsible for the QuickBooks POS financial exchange issue. You must take a look at all the reasons that build such nuisances in our system.
- Accessing the preference window in QuickBooks desktop.
- Issues while opening QuickBooks desktop.
- QB file placed in the QuickBooks POS is not the correct one.
- Prevalence of some bugs within the QB files.
- Network timeout problems
- No company window is accessed while running QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks POS finds issues at the time of reading the QB file.
Any of these causes can lead to this agitated issue. You must know the further procedure of fixing this error issue from the rest of the post.
Techniques to Resolve QuickBooks Error 140015
You can commence from the first solution to fix this agitated error issue. From the steps ahead, try to troubleshoot the QuickBooks POS financial exchange.
Solution 1: Reform QuickBooks Point of Sale Preference
The user needs to configure the preferences of QuickBooks so that the company file would be set up correctly. Below are the steps to follow.
- Access the QuickBooks POS software.
- Now, head towards the File menu.
- Once done, choose the Preferences button.
- Select the Company now.
- You can now tap the Financial option.
- Make sure that you use the correct path of the company file.
- Head towards the button named Setup QuickBooks connection now.
- After completing the steps, restart the system and see if this error appears or not.
Solution 2: Configure QuickBooks Desktop Preferences
To resolve the issue within the QuickBooks pos financial exchange, we must try out this solution if the error is not fixed from the first one.
Confirm that QB File is Accessed in QB Desktop
- To begin, head towards the Product Information window by pressing F2.
- The user now needs to check out the location of the QB file.
- If there is any incorrect file then move towards the File option.
- Now, you need to search for the right QB file by hitting Browse.
- Make sure to access the QB file.
Open Company Preferences and Check Inventory & Sales Tax
- Move towards the Edit button.
- Choose the Preferences option.
- Thereafter, click on the Sales Tax.
- Now, choose Company Preferences.
- Consequently, enable the Sales Tax.
- You need to configure the inventory now.
- For that, choose Items & inventory.
- Finally, checkmark the other tab titled Inventory, and purchase orders are active.
From these steps, you will resolve the issues related to QuickBooks inventory asset account problems. Check out the further procedure for completing this procedure.
Open the Company File in QB Desktop
- First thing first, accesses the QuickBooks desktop as an admin.
- Then, head towards the Edit button.
- Make sure that you choose Preferences.
- After that, hit the tab named Integrated applications.
- Thereafter, choose Company Preferences.
- Now, just enable all other options which are used to form a connection between QuickBooks and QuickBooks POS.
Solution 3: Modify UAC Settings to Never Notify
- Make sure that you access the Control Panel.
- Accordingly, select User Account Control settings.
- Now, you need to drag the bar to the bottom that says Never Notify.
- Once done, just restart the system.
Solution 4: Add a New Window User
This solution could resolve the QuickBooks error 140015. Make sure to create a new window user and fix the error during forms of financial exchange.
- Move towards the Start button by performing a right-click.
- Then, head towards the Settings button.
- Likewise, tap the Accounts tab now.
- Make sure that you choose Family and Other Users.
- Thereafter, choose another tab named Add Someone else to This PC.
- Accordingly, carry out the steps that are appeared on the window and complete this procedure.
Solution 5: Update QuickBooks and QuickBooks Point of Sale
- The user needs to first close the QuickBooks desktop and POS software.
- Now, head towards the page named QuickBooks download and update.
- Thereafter, choose the Country, Product, and Version.
- Make sure that you opt for the Search tab.
- Consequently, choose to Get the latest updates button.
- As per the size of the QB file and internet speed, the updating procedure may take some time.
- After the completion of downloads, head towards the downloadable file with the .exe extension.
- Choose the Yes tab once prompt with any text.
- Finally, open the QuickBooks update by getting into the guidelines appearing on the screen.
Solution 6: Repair QuickBooks Dekstop & Point of Sale
The issue within the Intuit file exchange would be easily fixed once you repaired the QuickBooks desktop and POS software. If any of the above solutions would not help then proceed with this one.
For Repairing QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Initiate with closing the QuickBooks POS software.
- Once done, hit the two keys named Windows + R button.
- Now, you will be redirected to the Run window.
- Enter Control there.
- Also, choose the OK button.
- Make sure to navigate towards Programs.
- In addition, choose Programs and Features now.
- Aftermath, with only one click on the QuickBooks POS version, choose the Repair tap.
- Consequently, the procedure will restart and repair the QB POS.
Also Read : How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 Series
For Repairing the QuickBooks Desktop
- Make sure that you access the Run field.
- Additionally, enter Control on the blank space.
- Followed by choose OK button.
- Then, head towards the program and select Programs and Features.
- From the list of all programs, choose your QuickBooks desktop.
- Uninstall it now.
- If there comes any prompt then choose Yes.
- Hit the Next button now.
- Meanwhile, choose Repair > Next.
- Then, again click on Repair.
- The new tab will appear with Automatically close and attempt to restart applications.
- Select it and then OK.
- Wait for some time, once the procedure commences.
- Finally, you can end the process by moving towards the Finish button.
With these 6 solutions, you will surely troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 140015. These solutions are quite helpful for another type of error “QuickBooks error 140015”. So, don’t hesitate while carrying out the solution. You must gain relevant confidence to resolve any other issue after eradicating this problem. We hope that you like this article. However, if there are some doubts that you want to clear then make sure to bring them down in the comment section.