Nowadays the craze for QuickBooks is increasing with great speed. The reason behind it is the features that it offers and the services. But whenever an error appears we start thinking that we should try another software but that is of no use as you will face errors in that too. So instead of going away from it, try to find solutions. In this blog, we are going to talk about one of the errors that can prevail when you don’t have access but you were trying to open the application.
The QuickBooks Error code -12,0 occurs when you deny permission but then also you were trying to access it. We can ensure that this guide will be helpful for you in solving this error. So, let us get started now.
QuickBooks Error -12,0 Overview
QuickBooks Error 12,0 appears when you don’t have access to perform certain operations. Another reason is when there are some changes in the Windows Registry file. This error will flash an error message “We’re sorry, QuickBooks encountered a problem… Error codes: (-12, 0)”. This will affect your business activities so before getting into solutions, we should look at the reasons why it occurred.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code -12,0
Go through the reasons that make QuickBooks error code(-12,0) appear. Just have a look at them:
- Unintentionally deleted missing files from the registry.
- The system starts showing an error message on your screen.
- Wrong entries of non-existing programs.
- Forcefully uninstalling the software.
- The user input you were entering is not right.
Indications that led to QuickBooks Error code -12, 0
Indications are important as they help in recognizing the error so that we can fix them. Users should look at these early signs:
- Your PC is turned off frequently.
- The system froze.
- The performance of Windows is very poor due to which the mouse and keyboard are not working well.
- The active program Window gets damaged due to this error code.
Also Read: How Can I Easily Resolve Quickbooks Error 403?
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12,0
Now a clear understanding of the concept of -12,0 QuickBooks Error has been established. We can start with the solutions now. Read thoroughly and choose what is best for your business.
Solution 1: Upgrade Windows
Updating Windows to the latest version helps in work smoothly and also with more features. So make sure to update your windows whenever the latest release comes.
- Firstly, click Start and then choose the Settings option.
- Now, tap on Update & Security and select Windows Update.
- Wait for a few seconds till the update process is completed.
- Lastly, tap on Check for Updates and install them
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor tool is one top solution for fixing issues related to internet connections, update errors, and many more.
- Access the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Then select your company file and tap on Check.
- After that click on Continue and write your QuickBooks credentials.
- At last hit on Next.
Solution 3: Fix Folder Access Permission
Fixing folder access permission will specify what users are allowed to do within that folder like save or delete.
- Go to the Service name and choose Properties.
- Then tap on the Security option and select Everyone for Group or User Names.
- After that click on Full Control under the Permissions for Everyone section.
- Lastly, hit on Apply and press OK.
Solution 4: Check your QuickBooks Desktop Version
It is good if you check your version of your QuickBooks, make sure you have update version of Quickbooks desktop because it might be possible that you were using an outdated version that’s why the error is coming.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop on your PC and hold the F2 key.
- Now, press the Ctrl key + 1 on your keyboard to see the Product Information Window.
- Then a Window will pop up on your screen.
- Lastly, keep that QuickBooks version as we need the product details in the next step.
Solution 5: Restore QuickBooks Services
You can restart your QuickBooks in case your Windows gets crashes, stuck, or stops working.
- Hold Windows + R on Keyboard.
- Then type Services.MSC on the Run Windows.
- After that navigate QBDataServiceUserXX where this XX denotes the QuickBooks version you were using.
- At last, tap on QuickBooksDBXX and choose Restart.
Also Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 103 ?
We have summarized all the troubleshooting solutions that will help you in eliminating the QuickBooks Error -12,0. But in case you feel like you were not able to tackle the error then don’t worry our expert team will be available for you 24 hours. You can also chat with us for any support.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix network connection failure in QuickBooks?
Follow these steps to fix network connection failure in QuickBooks:
- Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Verify your Network Connection.
- Reopen your System to Resolve QuickBooks Connection.
- Allow QB Multi-user mode Hosting.
Q2. How do I fix error 6177 0 in QuickBooks?
- Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Try to Fix the File Path Manually.
- Change the location of your files.