The payroll is a very attractive feature in QuickBooks desktop software. Despite the size of the organization, QuickBooks can smoothly pull off the payroll function. Unfortunately, it is also very fragile. Even a trivial error can cause payroll dysfunctionalities in QuickBooks. The QuickBooks error 15222 is an error that can cease many functionalities. It is a rare yet difficult to resolve kind of error.
It could be frustrating when you have to encounter such an error. All your work related to QuickBooks comes to a halt. Even the basic functions. Fortunately, we are here to help you. With the help of this article, you can easily kick out this error from your QuickBooks software. All you have to do is to carefully follow the instructions given by us.
So, without much delay let’s get this started.
What is QuickBooks Error 15222?
This error belongs to the 15xxx series of the QuickBooks errors. The error 15222 QuickBooks generally occurs due to the disability of QuickBooks to establish a stable network connection with the server to download the update files. It comes with an error message that shows the presence of this error.
That was what this error is all about. Let’s check out what causes this error to occur.
What are the reasons that cause QuickBooks update error 15222?
There are a number of reasons that can give birth to the QuickBooks error 15222 windows 10 and QuickBooks error 15222 windows 7. We have listed them all here. You can have a look at them. This will help you in avoiding this error from happening in the future.
- This error can occur if you didn’t update your QuickBooks desktop software to the latest version.
- Your system could be under malware or spyware attack.
- Your antivirus or firewall could be blocking the update of QuickBooks.
- You may not be logged in as an admin in Windows.
- Your time and date settings could be incorrect.
Now, that we know the reasons that cause this error, it will be easy for us to solve it. Let’s figure it out for you.
Solutions to QuickBooks error 15222
There are multiple solutions to this error. You have to try out each solution one by one until finding the right solution that deals with your case. Also, don’t forget to create a backup of your data. This will help to avoid data loss.
Solution 1: Changing Firewall settings
You simply have to change the firewall settings by adding QuickBooks as an exception. To do this, follow these instructions.
- Open your default browser.
- Now, go to tools and look for firewall settings.
- In the firewall settings, navigate to exceptions.
- Add the following as firewall exceptions.
Restart your computer to save the changes.
Solution 2: Installing digital signature
To do this, first of all, open windows file manager.
- In the file manager, type in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks. Press Enter.
- Now, find the QBW32.exe file in the QuickBooks folder.
- Right-click on the QBW32.exe file and choose properties.
- Below the Digital signatures, section look for the list of signatures.
- Next, click on details on the Intuit Inc digital signature.
- Press the View Certificate option in the Digital Signature Details tab.
- Just select the Install Certificate option in the Certificate tab.
- Keep clicking on the Next button until you reach the finish option.
- After finishing this process, you have to try to update the QuickBooks software again.
Solution 3: Set Internet Explorer as the default browser
Well, this solution could be controversial because of obvious reasons, but you have to do it temporarily. You can change the default browser after the error is resolved. So, let’s see how you can do this.
- Open your Internet Explorer browser.
- Go to Tools and select Internet options.
- Navigate to the Programs tab and click on the make default option.
- Click the Ok button.
- Try updating QuickBooks software again.
Solution 4: QuickBooks File Doctor
There are two ways to use the QuickBooks file doctor. Either you can download the separate software of QuickBooks file doctor or you can use it from the QuickBooks tool hub. We will discuss how you can use it from QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- First of all, download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub software.
- Now, launch the tool.
- Go to the Programs tab.
- Here you will see the option named run file doctor. Click on that.
- The file doctor will automatically detect the issue and if found, it will repair the issue.
These were the solutions to this error. We genuinely hope that we were able to resolve your QuickBooks Update errors. You may like to check out this article. It will help in resolving your other issues.
If you are still facing this issue, it is recommended that you contact the customer care support of QuickBooks. They will surely be able to resolve this issue of yours.