Users mainly encounter QuickBooks error 12045, when they try to update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version. However, the most common reason for the error code 12045 is internet connection setting, incorrect time settings, and many more. Although, this error will pop up on your screen by stating “ Failed to download the update: Error 12045”. The error comes up for many various reasons. However, this error can display on your screen with various error codes such as:
- QuickBooks error 12045
- QuickBooks error 12157
- QuickBooks error 12038
- QuickBooks error 12037
Undoubtedly, in this blog post, we’ll walk you through the necessary steps that are needed to solve the QuickBooks error code 12045. Therefore, we are going to discuss the causes and the solutions that are needed to follow to troubleshoot the error completely. Therefore, first, let’s have a look at the short brief of what is actually a QB error 12045 is.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error 12045?
This error mainly takes place at the time of updating the system. Moreover, this error is very frequent to the user of the QB. Despite this, the most reasons for the QuickBooks error code 12045 are the wrong time setting, incorrect date & poor internet connection setting, and many more. Although, This error is also known as a desktop update error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 12045
There can be multiple causes for QuickBooks Error 12045 mentioned here below.
- Multiple versions of QB desktop in your software.
- Incorrect folder permissions for the QuickBooks installation directory.
- The hosting configuration file has been damaged or corrupted.
- There is an issue with your Internet connection or firewall settings.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- The Windows User Account Control (UAC) has been turned off.
- Your antivirus software is blocking QuickBooks from accessing the internet.
- The QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted.
- Server connection problem.
- Damaged updated company file.
- Improper configuration of Internet connection settings.
- Incorrect setting of date and time.
Troubleshooting Methods of QuickBooks Error 12045
The QuickBooks error 12045 can be fixed through various troubleshooting steps. To fix the error we are here with the solution that is needed to use while you encounter the error on your software. However, you just basically need to follow the steps that are mentioned below.
Method 1: Configure the Firewall Settings
To fix the QuickBooks Error Code 12045, you need to configure the firewall settings. here are the steps to do so.
- In the Windows search field, type “control panel” and then select Control Panel from the list of results.
- Click on System and Security, and then click on Windows Firewall.
- On the left side of the window, click on Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall.
- If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes to continue.
- Click on Change Settings.
- Find QuickBooks in the list of programs and make sure that both options (Private and Public) are checked next to it. If QuickBooks is not in the list, you will need to add it manually:
- Click on Add Program…
- Click on the browse button (…) and navigate to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx\qbw32.exe (or the corresponding location for your QuickBooks installation).
- Click Open, then click Add, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Windows Firewall Settings window.
If you are still experiencing the error, you need to activate Port 80 & Port 443 in the firewall setting and also ensure that you have provided access to these files.
After carrying out the above steps, the error must be resolved by now. In case it still prevails, check out the next solution below.
Method 2: Verify the Internet Connection Settings
You need to perform the below steps to get rid of the error that you basically encounter while using the accounting software.
- Start by clicking on the ‘Start’ button, then go to the ‘Control Panel’ and open the ‘Network and Sharing Center.’
- After that, click on ‘Change adapter settings.’
- Then, verify that there is no red X displayed on the network icon located in the notification area of the taskbar. If it is, right-click on the icon and select ‘Diagnose.’ The Network Connection Repair wizard will start automatically to fix any issues with your network connection.
- Next, go back to the Network and Sharing Center and click on ‘Internet Options.’
- Under the Connections tab, click on ‘LAN Settings’ and verify that the ‘Automatically detect settings’ and ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’ options are not checked. If they are, uncheck them and click ‘OK.’
- Exit out of all the open windows and restart QuickBooks to check if the error is still occurring.
Method 3: Delete all the Other Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
In case you have installed the same version of QB twice on your system, then the reason could be an error in the update. So, we need to delete the multiple installations. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Go to the Control panel and then click on Program and Features.
- Find all the installation of QuickBooks and select them one by one.
- Click on Uninstall/Change option to delete all the installation of QuickBooks from your system.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to successfully uninstall QuickBooks from your system.
- Once you have uninstalled all the QuickBooks-related files, restart your system and reinstall QuickBooks again.
- Try to update QuickBooks again and check if the error still persists or not.
Method 4: Update Date & Time on the Desktop
QuickBooks Error 12045 can commonly occur when your computer’s date and time settings are incorrect. This error can also be caused by a corrupted installation of QuickBooks, or by damaged Windows files. To fix this error, follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- First, check your computer’s date and time settings to ensure they are correct. To do this, open the Control Panel on your computer and click on “Date and Time.” Then, verify that the date and time are set correctly and adjust them if necessary.
- If your computer’s date and time settings are already correct, you may need to repair your QuickBooks installation. To do this, open QuickBooks and go to the Help menu. Then, select “Repair QuickBooks Installation.”
- If QuickBooks is still not working properly after following the steps above, you may need to repair your Windows files. To do this, you can use a tool like Microsoft’s System File Checker. To run System File Checker, open a Command Prompt window and type “sfc /scannow.” Once the scan is complete, restart your computer and try opening QuickBooks again.
Therefore, to resolve the error we have explained all the possible methods in the above article. Users mostly encounter this error due to the incorrect time setting, incorrect date & poor internet connection setting, and many others. We hope that you have understood all the methods carefully. However, we hope that all your queries have been answered related to this error. However, in case you still encounter the same error, then you need to contact the support team who are 24*7 available to help you.