QuickBooks is software that helps entrepreneurs track their personal finances and run their businesess. It is an accounting software that helps users keep track of cash flow, inventory, customer data, and other important information in one centralized location. QuickBooks Pro is the most popular option used by small-business owners who don’t have access to a dedicated accountant. It is no denying that QuickBooks works flawlessly. But, some errors and issues still halt the software to aid the user in tackling business-oriented tasks. Well, QuickBooks won’t open is one of the issues. It occurs in different names QuickBooks desktop doesn’t start, stuck on loading screen, not responding, or has stopped working.
Download QuickBooks tool hub to fix QuickBooks won’t open error
The users cannot figure out the solutions on their own. That’s the reason behind creating this guide. QuickBooks leads to business productivity by providing aids in creating invoices, managing sales, and tracking finances. But, these kinds of issues bring a full stop to all the ongoing procedures by crashing the window.
You may again receive the repeated response QuickBooks won’t open after launching the QB software. So, make sure to troubleshoot the error as soon as possible. For that, you need to first examine all the factors triggering this issue.
Possible reasons for QuickBooks won’t open
If you are facing QuickBooks won’t open error, it might be due to various reasons. However, a few of them are outlined below:
- The company name might be longer than necessary.
- QBWUSER.INI file is broken or corrupted
- Hard drive problems have been detected.
- Corrupted program files and/or QuickBooks Desktop have been installed incorrectly.
- Windows operating system is damaged
- Error during the installation process.
- Some program files have been destroyed.
Also read: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Symptoms that Indicate the Presence of QuickBooks Won’t Open Error
- Your QB software keeps freezing.
- The QuickBooks company file doesn’t open.
- The Windows operating runs very slow.
- Your computer screen gets hung every now and then.
- Another indication is that your computer does not respond on time to the keyboard and mouse inputs.
We know the cause and symptoms of this error, it is time for us to understand the solutions to this error.
Solutions of QuickBooks Not Open issue
There are various solutions to rectify this error. Perform them each one by one carefully. Also, create a backup of files to avoid any kind of data loss.
Solution 1: Shut down the QBW32.exe process
- To do this, First of all, right-Click on the Windows taskbar and then choose the Start Task Manager option.
- Select the Process tab. Now, you have to click on the Image Name header. This will organize the processes alphabetically.
- You have to spot and select EXE.
- Finally, select End Process to shut down the QBW32.exe process.
Solution 2: Rename the QBWUSER.ini. file
- You need to access the folder where ini file is located. In case you are not able to trace it then simply enable hidden folders and files.
- After spotting the QBWUSER.ini.file select the Rename option.
- Type Insert.old in the last file name.
- Now rename the ecml.file. You can now check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Solution 3: Suppress QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- Select QuickBooks Desktop from the right-click menu.
- Select “Open” by holding down the “CTRL key”. If the “No Company Open” window is not visible, press “Ctrl” until you have opened it.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop now.
Solution 4: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
- Simultaneously hold on to the Ctrl +Alt + Delkeys on your keyboard.
- Choose the Task Manager option.
- You have to select the Process tab.
- Simply, Right-Click on any of the QuickBooks processes.
- You have to hit the End Process button.
- You will notice a confirmation process. Now, in this select end all processes.
- Restart QuickBooks again.
- This time click on Repair QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Create a new Windows Admin User
- Firstly, open the Control Panel and simply navigate through it.
- You have to double click the User Account option then choose Manage User. Now click on Add.
- After doing this, type in the name and domain of the administrator. Hit the Ok button.
- If using Windows 10 then select Administrator.
- Finally, click on Finish. You will be navigated to the User Accounts dialogue box. Here, Click OK.
Solution 6: Restart the Desktop
You can try restarting your computer. Sometimes the previous changes and updates are not saved. By restarting your computer, you can easily establish these changes.
After the restart, check if the error still exists or not.
Also read: QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Solution 7: Re-register QuickBooks-Related Components
If QuickBooks desktop doesn’t start yet then this solution would work. First of all, just examine if QB desktop is registered or not. Then, proceed ahead. So, let’s initiate with the steps:
- Open the QuickBooks software.
- Then, hit the F2 button.
- It will bring a Product Information window.
- Thereafter, try to examine the registration status.
- You can check it at the right corner of the license number.
You don’t have to conduct any other procedure if QuickBooks is shown as registered. However if not then try to register QuickBooks through these steps.
- Hit OK and close the opened Product Information window.
- Choose Help menu
- Tap Activate QuickBooks.
- Go through the prompts carefully to examine the information and activation process.
- Thereafter, run reboot.bat for the re-registration of these two files .DLL and .OCX.
Solution 8: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks tool hub has some incredible tools inside. You can take benefits from this to fix the issue. To download this, follow the steps below:
- Close the QuickBooks software.
- Try to download the QuickBooks tool hub (Version 188.8.131.52.).
- Save the file on a desktop folder.
- So, it will take lesser time to find the file.
- Now, just open the same file saved as QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Check out the instructions and conduct them carefully to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After completing this procedure, launch the QuickBooks tool hub file.
- You can pick any of the issues tab to resolve QuickBooks won’t open through different tools.
Solution 9: Rename .ND and .TLG Files
- Access to the folder which you use for storing QuickBooks company files.
- Thereafter, find out .ND and .TLG files.
- Also, right-click on the latter file to pick Rename option.
- Change the name as [company file name] OLD.qbw.TLG.
- Try to rename the other file too by using the same method.
- Next, just access the QB file.
We hope that QuickBooks has been successfully started and you are not facing the error. It is obvious for software like QuickBooks to get corrupted with some glitches and bugs. But, as a user, we all should take proper care of the software by initializing quick scans of the company files and folders.