QuickBooks allows your accounting to become not only more efficient but also brings in a new level of flexibility to save and share bookkeeping data across multiple apps and platforms. You can also connect QuickBooks with a number of web-based apps with the help of Web Connector. It is an application developed by Microsoft specifically to allow QuickBooks to facilitate communication with other apps. However, sometimes a user may get QuickBooks web connector error 1085 which shows there is some kind of issue with this application.
Table of Contents
What Is QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1085?
Here, we will talk about it and help you understand what you should do if faced with web connector error 1085. Depending on the nature of the issue, you can find a solution and for that, you need to note down the exact error type. We will discuss some of the errors 1085 you may encounter while connecting QuickBooks to web-based apps via web connector. You may get this error when you launch QuickBooks Desktop which shows that the communication between the Desktop and Online version of QuickBooks is disrupted.
The actual error message for QuickBooks web connector error 1085 may look something like this
- QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.
- QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
- Exception Type Error: Unknown name
This error usually comes up when the log file QWCLOG.TXT becomes either corrupted or damaged.
Method 1: Remove Web Connector from Startup Menu
In case your QuickBooks Desktop is not connected with any third-party programs, it is possible to remove the web connector app from Start Menu. This should help resolve QuickBooks web connector errors in no time.
Follow these steps to remove Web Connector from Start Menu
- First, you need to log in as a Windows Administrator.
- Type C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup in the search bar
- Delete Web Connector from here.
- Reboot and launch QuickBooks
This is an effective method to resolve this error and you should be able to fix this issue in no time by completing these steps. However, if you are unable to resolve the issue for some reason, then try the next method.
Method 2: Rename the Log File
However, what if you want Web Connector to stay on your PC for connecting QuickBooks Desktop with other web-based apps? Follow these steps to fix the QuickBooks web connector error.
- Log out of all versions of QuickBooks and shut down QuickBooks along with Web Connector.
- Type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log in the search bar.
- Go to: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log
- Rename the file QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT
Read also-Complete Guide of Quickbooks Tool Hub
After completing all the above steps you can restart your PC and restart Web Connector and QuickBooks Desktop. You are ready to use Web Connector again to connect your QuickBooks Desktop products with any web-based apps with the help of Web Connector.
Method 3: Change the Name of the Log File
This may sound similar to the last option but here the way you rename the file is different. If the above method does not work as intended. You can also try this one if you find it easier to follow.
Here are the steps:
- Go to Task-bar and right-click on Web Connector
- Click on Exit, then open Windows File Manager
- Then type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log
- Right-click on the QWCLOG.TXT file and choose Rename
- Type QWCLOGOLD.TXT and Save
Now, you are ready to reboot the PC and reboot the web connector before launching QuickBooks. If you are still unable to fix the issue by renaming the log file, you can try the final method given below to deal with the QuickBooks web connector error.
Method 4: Connect Company File with A Third-Party Program
There is yet another method of resolving this error. In this method, what you basically do is try to connect the company file with a third-party program. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click on Windows + R keys at the same time
- This will bring up the window for Run command
- Type msconfig and click on OK
- Click on Startup Tab
- Search for Web Connector and mark the Checkbox
- Next, click on Apply and then OK
Now you can restart the PC and check if the Web Connector is working properly or not. If it is working then good, or you can try the next method for correcting the Web Connector error. This should fix the error.
We have discussed QuickBooks web connector error 1085 and provided the most effective solutions as well. You may encounter some other QuickBooks web connector errors as well. However, if none of the methods discussed here are found effective in resolving the error in question, then you should probably get in touch with QuickBooks support professionals. They are equipped with the right kind of tools and resources to help you troubleshoot and fix errors of all kinds to get QuickBooks working in no time.