Suppose you are coming back from your office after a hectic day but suddenly you see a message on your device quoting that your update of Payroll is not completed due to QuickBooks Payroll Error 15406. After seeing this, you panic and are not able to understand what to do and how to get rid of it. Then suddenly you started to use google to find out the solutions and you found nothing.
Just calm down as you are on the right page where you will get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 15406. But for that be with us till the end to get an overview, causes, and best methods. So are you ready? Let’s go.
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Payroll Error 15406 Overview
This 15XXX series of errors you will see when you are downloading a Payroll Update or trying to update QuickBooks and QuickBooks error 15406 is the most prevalent of all. There can be a lot of reasons like bad internet connectivity or your digital signature is not verified by QuickBooks.
Issues Causing QuickBooks Error 15406
Before getting into the methods it is necessary to look at the issues that help in identifying QuickBooks error code 15406:
- Damaged or corrupted company files due to incomplete installation.
- Wrong setup of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Digital signatures cannot be verified by QuickBooks.
- Any malware or exploit attack on your computer.
- Internet Connectivity is very poor.
- Your Windows Registry file is damaged or corrupted.
Best Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15406
Finally, the time has come to get to the methods that will help you to fix QuickBooks error 15406 and you will be able to work smoothly and effectively.
Method 1: Verify your QuickBooks Settings and Internet Connection
It is good if you have a good internet connection as you will be able to work effectively. And also check your QBs settings so that you can change them at your convenience.
- Firstly, go to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then choose Internet Connection Setup from the Help option.
- After that click on Use my computer’s Internet connection settings.
- Lastly, tap on Next and select Advanced Connection Settings.
Method 2: Execute Clean Install
Clean Install helps in the easy installation of software by removing all previous versions. To do so just look at the steps below:
- For that, you need to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then Install and run Clean Install Tool.
- After that manually change the name of the QuickBooks Desktop installation folders.
- At last, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 3: Install “Digital Signature Certificate”
A digital signature certificate is a public key that identifies your organization. If it is not verified then errors like QuickBooks error 15406 will arise.
- If QuickBooks is not closed then close it.
- Then navigate the QBW32.exe file in C:\ Program Files (x86)\Intuit\ QuickBooks.
- After that tap on the .exe file and go to Properties.
- Now, choose Properties and then Digital Signature.
- Make sure that intuit. inc is on record and hit on the View certificate.
- Certificate Window will appear just tap on the Install option.
- Lastly, go through the on-screen instructions.
Method 4: Setup Firewall and Antivirus
We all know that a firewall helps in protecting your system from external threats and antivirus protects your PC internally. So setting up both is needed to remove this error. After successfully setting up the firewall and antivirus, you must look out for the prevalence of the existing QuickBooks payroll error 15406. In case it still exists, look out for the next solution below.
Method 5: Try to download Updates in Safe Mode
Downloading updates in safe mode assists you to get rid of this type of error as it will install only a limited number of components.
- Firstly, try to open your PC in Safe Mode.
- Then start to download Updates.
- Wait for a few minutes till it gets finished.
- Once done, restart your PC in normal mode.
- Lastly, re-download the update.
After going through our detailed analysis, we hope that we are able to help you to fix all your issues. Feeling like a PRO now but just in case your expert skills fall behind at any time, we are here for you 24×7. For any further assistance, you can check out our QuickBooks-related posts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix error 15276 in QuickBooks?
Follow these steps to fix QuickBooks error 15276:
- Check your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription.
- Install Digital Signature Certificate.
- Keep Backup of Company files.
- Use QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Q2. How do I fix the PS038 error?
Here is what you should do to resolve the PS038 error:
- Check Information on Paychecks Stuck in QuickBooks.
- Check and run Rebuild Data.
- Upgrade and create a Backup of QuickBooks Data.
Q3. What is my QuickBooks payroll pin?
QuickBooks Payroll PIN is a company password for your Payroll Service. This PIN is used to protect company security from any unauthorized transactions from your bank account.