QuickBooks Error 9999 is a banking issue or a script error that occurs during the updating or changing of the bank information. It happens due to an issue with the bank server connection. Due to this error, your system gets slow and blocks the internet connectivity. The QuickBooks error code 9999 is very frustrating and annoying because it won’t let you to do your work smoothly. When this error is encountered in your system, you will receive the messages that tell:
Error Message: “Sorry, we can’t update your account. Please try updating again later. (9999)”
Error code 9999 – Can’t update.
As you face the error 9999 in QuickBooks, you might be looking for quick resolutions that will help you to fix the error instantly. Well, you are in the right place. In this guide, we are going to provide the causes and indications of the error. We will also discuss the different methods that will definitely help you to resolve the error.
Table of Contents
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 9999?
There are a lot of reasons that can lead to this QuickBooks Banking Error. Let’s have a look at what they are.
- Your internet connection may not be stable.
- The Bank’s server and the Intuit server might be having issues while connecting.
- Your windows firewall can be causing abstraction for the working of QuickBooks.
- The antivirus can block the connection.
- The cookies in your browser also have an impact on this error.
What are the Indications of Error 9999?
Here we have listed the symptoms through which you can find out the error 9999.
- If you are a QuickBooks online user then you will not be able to connect with your bank.
- Another indication is that the browser you are using may get delayed and slowed down. There are also instances when the browser gets freezes with no response.
- You will encounter an error message that shows the text Sorry, we can’t update your account. Please try updating again later. (9999)
Now we know the causes and indications of Error Code 9999 QuickBooks online, it is time for us to figure out the solutions to this error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Online Error 9999?
We are going to introduce to you multiple numbers of ways to resolve this error. You just have to follow each step one by one until you find the one that applies to your case.
Also, do not forget to make a backup of your files to prevent data loss.
Solution 1: Report the Issue
Following are the steps that must be followed in order to report the issue.
- The first and foremost thing you want to do is to report directly from the error message that has popped on your screen.
- Then, click on Report issue.
- Next, on the banking transaction page, you have to fill in your name and email address.
- Now, click on submit.
- Hopefully, you will be assisted by the tech team in just a matter of time.
Solution 2: Reconnect your QBO Account
- First of all, You have to cancel the current QuickBooks online account.
- Next, just click on the Edit option.
- Now, select the option named Edit Account Info.
- Moving ahead, click the option named Disconnect this account on save.
- Then, choose Save and Close.
- You now have to return to the dashboard and renew the link.
- Go back to the QBO account and link it.
- Finally, you will see the updated transactions in the QuickBooks Online account.
Solution 3: Cookies and History
- Initially, open Internet Explorer and select the Favorites option.
- Next, click on the History tab.
- Further, navigate to Menu and select History.
- Now, just choose the sites that you wish to delete. You can also try to clear all the search history. Next select Delete.
Solution 4: Backup key
- Firstly, open your start menu.
- Next, in the search bar type the command while holding the Ctrl+Shift keys.
- You will see that a permission dialog box will appear on the screen. You have to simply click on Yes.
- Now, you will notice a black box with a blinking cursor appearing on your screen.
- Once done, you have to type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
- Simply select the Error 9999 pertinent key you wish to backup.
- Then, navigate to the File menu and select export.
- You have to simply save the backup key by typing in a name in File Name.
- Hit the Save button. Ensure to save the file with the .reg extension.
Solution 5: Configuring Firewall Settings
Fluctuating the improper firewall settings can actually help in resolving Error 9999 QuickBooks. This is because Firewalls tend to create a blockade in the functioning of QuickBooks. You just have to perform the below-given instructions to do it.
- The very initial thing you need to do is to open your default browser.
- Next, click on tools and go to firewall settings.
- Now, within the firewall settings, select exceptions.
- Finally, you will have to include these exceptions in your firewall.
The fixes to this error have been discussed in detail in this article. Hopefully, they were useful in eradicating your error. Do check out other articles on our website. They are going to be an informative treat for you.