Table of Contents
QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem
Reason Behind the QuickBooks Missing Name List ProblemUnderstanding the causes of this error will help you prevent this error from facing again. Here are the most common ones.
- Improper shutting down your system.
- Damaged files of your system.
- Virus or Malware attacks on your system.
- Incomplete deletion of any computer application.
- Incorrect installation of any application or any hardware.
Read : Resolve Quickbooks won't open issues using simple steps
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Missing Name List ProblemIf you are facing any problem while using the QuickBooks software, then consider reading all the solutions very carefully.
Solution 1: QuickBooks File Doctor
The QuickBooks file doctor is an unbelievable tool that may resolve most of the company file-related problems. QB file doctor could be a tool that’s within the Quickbooks Tool Hub software system. Here is however you’ll build use of this wonderful tool.
- First of all, transfer and install the Quickbooks tool hub software system.
- Now launch the tool hub.
- Navigate to the company file problems section.
- Here, you’ve got to click on the button named Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Browse the company file you were having a hassle with. Click on the repair choice.
- The file doctor can mechanically notice the difficulty and repair it. You’ll be notified regarding it.
Solution 2: Conduct a Clean Install
The clean install tool helps in eliminating the corrupted and broken QuickBooks files. you’ll be able to merely clean install the QuickBooks software package to rectify this error. Here is however you’ll be able to try this.
- Firstly, download QuickBooks Tool Hub if you do not already have and then open it.
- Now, navigate to Installation problems.
- Next, click the Clean install tool button.
- Lastly, the clean install method is going to be initiated.
Solution 3: Using Auto Data Recovery
You can utilize the initial dealing Log file and ADR version of the company file to recover all recent transactions.
Keep this in mind before performing Auto Data Recovery
The Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery is merely out there in QuickBooks professional, Premier, and Enterprise versions.
- You cannot use the info recovery within the controller editions.
- The file size limit is merely 1.5 GB.
- You should be using the newest version of QuickBooks.
Now, let’s examine the way to restore QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
- Initially, create a current folder on your Desktop named QBTest.
- Then, open the folder where the company file is saved.
- Lastly, look for the .tlg to get into your company file’s folder. It’s the precise same name as your company file.
How to Show File Extensions?
If you’re not having the ability to spot the .tlg file, you’ll need to try this to indicate file extensions.
- First of all, you’ve got to press Windows+E on your keyboard to open File person.
- Now, select the choice named Organize then choose Folder and search choices.
- For Windows 10, 8.1 & 8, you’ll need to choose read, then select file name extension.
- Next, click on Hide extensions for well-known file varieties.
- Then, simply select Apply, then OK.
- After that, open the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder. It’s among identical locations as your company file.
- Now, copy the .QBW.adr file and paste it into the QBTest folder. You need to presently have a .QBW.adr and .tlg file on your QBTest folder.
- In your QBTest folder, right-click the .QBW.adr file and choose Rename.
- Once done, delete .adr at the highest of the file.
- Now, open QuickBooks & again open the company file that is saved in your QBTest folder. Use your account register to verify all transactions area units there.
- Next, select File then Utilities then Verify information to examine the knowledge integrity of the recovered file.
- Lastly, if this copy of the company file is good, you will be ready to move the broken company file to a novel location and transfer the copy from QBTest to the initial location.
Solution 4: Restore Backup From an Earlier Version
Here is how to do it.
- First of all, you have to tap on the company file.
- Now, click on Open or Restore Company.
- Next, you have to click on Restore a backup copy. Later click on Next.
- You will have to make sure that you have selected Local Backup. After this, you may click on the Next option.
- Finally, click on save to complete the process.
So, these were the solutions to this error. We hope that you were able to eradicate this error using our methods. Do check out other articles on our website, they are going to be of great help to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What are the reasons for QuickBooks data missing after QB update?Reasons for QuickBooks Data Missing After QB Update: There are a few reasons your QuickBooks data might be missing after you’ve updated the software.
- One possibility is that the update process itself caused an error that resulted in some data being lost.
- Another possibility is that your file was corrupted before the update and the update process was unable to repair the damage. If you have a backup of your QuickBooks file, you may be able to restore it and retrieve your missing data.
- Finally, if you’re using QuickBooks in a multi-user environment, it’s possible that another user made changes to the file that resulted in data being lost.
Q2. How to recover QuickBooks data?If QuickBooks data is lost or corrupt, it can be difficult to recover. Here are some tips for recovering QuickBooks data:
- If you have a backup of your QuickBooks data, restore the backup file. This will overwrite any lost or corrupt data.
- If you do not have a backup, you can try repairing the QuickBooks database.
- If the QuickBooks database is too damaged to repair, you can try rebuilding it. This will create a new database from scratch, but all of your data will be lost.