With QB Web Connector, you can exchange data between a web application & QBs POS via the qbXML and qbposXML formats. Unfortunately, users may encounter issues with the application & error QuickBooks Web Connector is a similar issue. QuickBooks Error QBWC1085 is another name for this error. There is a correlation between this mistake and QB’s log files that usually occurs when you try opening a company file and you are not able to write log files.
Read the article to learn everything about the causes, symptoms, and a complete fix for this error.
What does QuickBooks Error Code QBWC1085 or Exception Type Error Mean?
QBwebconnector log file issue must be resolved immediately. A user encounters errors like these when they log into QuickBooks and attempt to access a file which someone else has already opened.
A QBWC1085 error code brings up the following error codes:
QBWC1085: QuickBooks failed to write the log file. QuickBooks will run without writing the log file.
QBWC1085 There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connection will continue without log file.
Unknown name: Exception Type Error
Causes Behind the Occurrence of QBWC1085 Error
Below are a few reasons why this error occurs:
- QBWCLOG.TXT cannot be accessed by the web connector.
- If the qbwclog.txt file gets corrupted due to some reason.
- This kind of error can occur if you don’t connect QuickBooks to third party programs.
- In QuickBooks, if the web connector log file cannot be written, this error can occur.
- Damage to web connector components might lead to this type of error.
Triggers to Identify QuickBooks Web Connector Error or Exception Type Error
- There is a problem with QuickBooks.
- There is a problem with the web connector program.
- You can also identify QBWC1085 if Windows is not responding to your commands.
- In case QuickBooks freezes for several minutes, then QBWC1085 is likely to be the cause.
- Your system may freeze or hang for a few minutes.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
The methods to fix the QuickBooks Error Qbwc1085 are here below.
Solution 1: Change the QWCLOG.TXT Filename
- As a first step, access the taskbar & right mouse tap on QuickBooks Web Connector icon.
- Click on Exit, then open the Windows File Manager.
- After that, open the log file located at C:/ProgramData/Intuit/QBWebConnector/log.
- Now choose the rename option from the right click menu on the file QWCLOG.TXT.
- Next, rename it to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and click the Save button.
- Once you have done that, you must reboot the WeConnect program.
- After this step, the computer must be rebooted and the software needs to be accessed again.
Related Article: Fixing QuickBooks Error 1904 Easily
Solution 2: Connect your File to the Third Party App
An alternative method is to ensure the company file is connected to the third party app. Here are the steps:
- The first thing you need to do is click both Windows + R simultaneously.
- A run window will appear on the screen.
- Now, type up MSConfig & hit OK.
- You must then click the Startup tab.
- Search for QuickBooks web connector and check the box.
- Next, select the Apply option followed by the OK button.
- To complete the process, restart your computer and then check whether the QuickBooks web connector error is resolved.
Solution 3: Manually QWCLOG.TXT File Rename
If your company’s data has been connected to a third party application via Web Connector, you must follow this step.
- QuickBooks accounting software and the Web Connector should be closed.
- On the next screen, select QBWebConnector in C://Program Data/Intuit.
- Rename QWCLOGOLD.TXT to QWCLOG.TXT by clicking log.
- Open Web Connector again.
- Restart your system to see if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 4: Remove Web Connector Within the Start-up Menu
You can remove the Web Connector from your Start-up menu if you are not connecting QuickBooks to any 3rd party programs. Here’s how to do it.
- Log in as the Windows administrator on your computer first.
- Go to C:/Programdata/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Program/Start Up.
- For Windows XP, you have to open Documents and Settings, then go to Start Menu/Programs/Startup.
- In order to remove the QuickBooks Web Connector, you must delete the file.
- Reboot your computer and then start QuickBooks.
Read More: Error1321 QuickBooks Troubleshooting Guide
To resolve the QuickBooks Error Qbwc1085, these top solutions will surely assist you in cleaning out this error from your system. We hope you will troubleshoot all such issues easily. For any further assistance, you can always get back to us.