Lately, a number of Quickbooks users have reported that they are encountering the Quickbooks Error Code 80029c4a. This error usually comes with an error message that states Error loading type library/DLL can’t load a dynamic link library DLL. The error 80029c4a occurs when you try to open the Quickbooks company file. The major reason behind this error is that any of the Quickbooks files are damaged or corrupted.
We understand that this can be tough for you as a user. All your work would be held up by this single piece of error. This is why we have come up with a tremendous set of solutions. We will help you out in eradicating this error. You just have to follow the step-by-step instructions carefully.
So, without making any further delays, let’s get straight into it.
What does Quickbooks Error Code 80029c4a mean?
The Quickbooks Error code: 80029c4a takes place unexpectedly. You can experience it while opening a company file which means the main reason for its occurrence is the damage in Quickbooks files.
It is important to understand the causes of this error because then you will be able to avoid this error from happening in the future.
What are the reasons that cause Quickbooks Error Code 80029c4a?
The Quickbooks Desktop application files might have gone corrupted, damaged, or missing.
- The company file is broken.
- Your computer could be under malware or virus attack.
- The windows registry file could be damaged.
- The installation of Quickbooks could be improper.
- You may have downloaded a pirated version of Quickbooks.
- A third-party antivirus like your antivirus could be blocking the functioning of Quickbooks.
- Another reason that can cause this error to happen is DLL files.
What are the indications of this error?
- You will notice that your windows operating system slowing down.
- Your active program window will get crashed.
- Your system gets frozen often.
- A dialogue box with the error message Error 80029C4A pops up.
- Your windows will respond slowly to mouse and keyboard inputs.
- You won’t be able to open the Quickbooks desktop software.
How to rectify Quickbooks Error Code 80029c4a?
There are multiple methods that you can use to rectify this error. You have to try out each method one by one until you find the solution that applies to your case. Also, create a backup of your important file to avoid any kind of data loss.
Solution 1: Update Avast
You will have to update the avast antivirus if that has been activated on your computer.
- Initially, you have to right-click on the Avast icon.
- Now, click on the update option.
- Select the Program tab. Simply follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Solution 2: Quarantine the Antivirus
There are instances when the antivirus and other third-party applications block the functioning of Quickbooks. So, you have to ensure that this does not happen. So, just uninstall and reinstall the Quickbooks to overcome this issue. Also, check if any of the following programs are quarantined, if so allow them access through the firewall.
Solution 3: With Reboot.bat
- Initially, you need to shut down the Quickbooks Desktop application.
- Next, you will have to open the folder which you intend to reboot.bat file. To do this, right-click on the file, go to properties and select the open file location.
- Now you have to right-click the reboot.bat file. Choose the option named Run as System Administrator.
- You have to ensure that you run the reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator.
- Do not close the window till the process is over.
- Finally, after the completion of the process, restart your computer.
Solution 4: Update Quickbooks
Updating the Quickbooks Desktop software is a good practice. It is vital because each new update contains bug fixes, critical features, and much more. So, you can realize how important it is. Your error may get fixed just by simply updating the Quickbooks application.
To do this, first of all, open your Quickbooks software and click on help on the upper pane. Now, select the update Quickbooks option. Finally, after selecting the latest version of Quickbooks you have to click on get updates.
Solution 5: Windows repair of Quickbooks
- The first thing to do is to close your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, you have to press the Windows button.
- Now, open the Control Panel on your system.
- Choose Uninstall or change program.
- Select Quickbooks from the list that appears.
- Just click the Uninstall/Change option.
- Simply click on Next.
- Now you have to select the Repair Radio button. Later, click on Next.
- Click the Repair button at the bottom.
- Finally, restart your system.
Also Find, How To Fix Quickbooks Error 1327?
Solution 6: Carry out SFC
- The very first step in this process is to click on the Start menu. Now you have to type the command in the search box of the start menu.
- Now, you have to press Ctrl + Shift keys. Simply hit the enter key.
- A permission dialogue will appear, you have to click Yes.
- In the command prompt, you have to type SFC/Scannow and then hit Enter.
- You have to wait till the process is over.
This is how you are supposed to clear out this error. We hope that we could help you out in resolving this error. if so, do check out other articles from us. They are going to be of great use to you.
Also, if you are still facing Error Code 80029c4a Quickbooks 2017, do not hesitate to contact the customer care support team of Quickbooks. They will surely help you out in resolving this error.