QuickBooks error code 5502 is the error that shows up when QB can’t connect to the server. If your system encounters this error, then you may receive error messages like “sync has not been completed appropriately” or ” QuickBooks data uploaded but could not connect to the server“. That’s why your system gets slower than usual and get automatically shut down again and again. It leads to the delay of the operations related to the organizations and causes huge losses.
In this article, we are going to discuss briefly the error 5502 QuickBooks, causes, and symptoms below. We will also mention the troubleshooting methods that will help you to fix this error without facing any losses. Make sure to read this post to the very end in order to learn everything. Now, let’s begin to know more about it.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 5502
There is a large number of reasons behind this error but we selected or mentioned some common causes that you may face while this happens on your system and it will be easy to identify. So, follow the below-mentioned list of causes:-
- The company’s document augmentation is changed.
- While working on documents that are located in the USB’s blaze drive.
- When in the QBs company file damage exists then you may see QuickBooks error 5502.
- An erroneous renaming of expansions can record in the Windows such as.QBM, .QBB, OR .QBX.
- When an expansion record such as. QBB has been physically renamed in Mac.
- The QBs company file information was successfully uploaded.
- It has adulterated, at the season of QuickBooks establishments.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 5502
- Windows operating system can freeze for some time.
- The response of input such as mouse and keyboard is slow.
- When the program of QuickBooks crashed or froze.
- When the user working on QuickBooks the window operating system crashed.
Important Points to Remember:-
Some important tips for you to remember before you try to troubleshoot the issue:-
- Update your window system before following the resolutions of QuickBooks error 5502.
- Take all the backup of your QBs company files.
- Ensure that the drives are up to date.
- Check the active status of your QuickBooks program.
- You have to update your QuickBooks Desktop to the current version.
- Verify that the antivirus or firewall won’t interrupt your QuickBooks program.
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 5502
There are steps to follow to fix this error 5502 QuickBooks. Follow all the steps in the right way and if method one won’t work then try other methods:-
Method 1:- Run QB Database Server Manager
Firstly, by using the QBs Database Server Manager you have to scan your files, then follow the below-given steps:-
- To start with, click on Windows keys and run the QBs Database Server Manager.
- Then, select Add folder and it will show the Browse folder.
- Now, tap on the folder where you want to store it and then click on the OK button.
- At last, select the scan and then re-open the company file to verify whether the error 5502 QuickBooks is still there or not.
Method 2:- Rename the .ND File in QuickBooks
The network data.ND files is a configuration file in QuickBooks that allows the program to access the file. Follow the steps to rename.ND file:-
- Search for those that include the QBs company file and click on it.
- Then search for the network file with the.ND extensions.
- Right-click on it and then tap on the rename.
- At last, you have to add.OLD extension by removing the .ND files from the end of the files.
In case you’re using the company file on the network, these steps are only applicable. Now, follow these steps on the server:-
- Firstly, you have to press the Window button.
- Then, click on QBs Database Server Manager.
- You can see the browser Folder and then tap on Add Folder.
- Now, you have to choose the folder where your company file is located and then hit Ok.
- At last, scan your company file, and after the scan reopen your company file.
Method 3:- Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks and Rename Intuit Folder
When the corrupted installation of the QBs application encounters the error 5502 QuickBooks, then follow the below steps to fix it:-
- Firstly, uninstall the QBs & change the name of all intuit folders.
- To do so, you can see the files or folders below the location:
- C drive\Users\ApplicationData\Local\Intuit\QB
- C drive\ProgramData\Intuit\QB
- The version of 64-bit C drive\Program Files\ Intuit\QB
- If you aren’t permitted to change the name of the folder or file and get “Access Denied when renaming folders” after that you have to follow the steps which are mentioned below:-
- Now, you must Right-hit the Windows Taskbar & then hit Task Manager.
- Then go for the Processes option.
- Select column heading along with the name of the image by alphabetical order.
- Within the column of the image name, you can see and select these files QBCFMonitorService.exe, QBsDBMgr.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, and Qbw32.exe.
- After that, tap o End Process.
- If you receive a message like this “WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability” then choose the yes button.
- At last, again install the QBs software.
Method 4:- Make a New Folder to Copy the Company Files
- Firstly, make a new folder on your desktop & copy all the files related to the company into the new folder.
- Then, right-click on the file and rename it or modify the file extensions to QBM.
- Start your QuickBooks application and then repair all your portable files.
- Then again change the name of the extension of incorrect Company files.
- After that, you have to restore all of your backups.
- In case, the file is still not working with the .QBX extension then changes it.
- At last, you need to install again the current version of Sync Manager.
Method 5:- Verify the Taxes
- Firstly, go to the tab of employee and hit the employee name.
- Now, scroll down and select Input (tax year) previous pay details.
- Hit the Yes key.
- For this employee, type YTD totals from today.
- Then, tap on next and input the YTD totals from the prior quarter for employees.
- After that, hit the additional pay date.
- Enter the details of company details and the payment date of each till the latest quarter.
- Starting with the first page & the Quarter date.
- Now, type the whole detail of the employees/pay date.
- Enter the totals taxes from prior reports of the payroll providers on the paycheck history.
- At last, you have to hit the Done button.
We have explained to you how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 5502 and also about its causes and symptoms. To fix this issue from your system, follow all the steps appropriately and we hope you can fix your system through these mentioned solutions. In case you face any other Qb errors related issues, we are always here for your assistance 24×7.