QuickBooks Error 429 is a type of error that may occur while using QuickBooks software. The error generally occurs at the time of exporting Tax Form Worksheets in the Employee tab of QB software . It occurs also due to problems with the company file, or when the software is trying to access some files or folders on your system. In order to fix this error, you need to determine where the problem lies and then take appropriate measures to resolve it.
In this article, we will discuss what causes QuickBooks Error Code 429, and how you can go about fixing it. We will also provide some tested solutions that should help you get your business up and running again in no time. So without further ado, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Causes of QuickBooks Error 429
There can be several causes for QuickBooks Error 429. QuickBooks is a complex software program and sometimes errors can occur due to various reasons. QuickBooks Error Code 429 usually indicates that there is an issue with the QuickBooks installation or the QuickBooks company file.
Some of the other possible causes for QuickBooks Runtime Error 429 include:
- Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks installation files
- Issues with Windows Registry
- Incorrect QuickBooks settings
- Viruses or malware infection
- QuickBooks company file damage or corruption
Know Here - How useful QuickBooks Tool Hub is ?
Best Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 429
Here are the best solutions that one can carry to easily resolve the QuickBooks Error 429. Read on to learn more:-
1. Disk Cleanup
With disk cleanup, you can easily resolve QuickBooks Runtime Error 429. Here is how to do so.
- Run QuickBooks as an administrator.
- Select the “File” menu, then choose “Utilities.”
- Click “Disk Cleanup.”
- Click the checkbox next to each type of file you want to delete and click “OK.”
- Tap on “Delete Files” when prompted.
- Restart QuickBooks and try opening your company file again.
2. Registry Files Repair
Repairing registry files is one of the universal solutions to fix QuickBooks Error Code 429. To repair all the registry files, follow the steps below:-
- Open the Registry Editor by pressing Windows Key+R, then type “regedit” in the Run dialog box and hit Enter.
- In the Registry Editor, go to File > Export.
- Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save.
- Make sure the Selected branch option is checked, then click OK.
- In the Registry Editor, go to Edit > Find.
- Type the name of the registry value you want to find, then click Find Next.
- Repeat this process until you find all occurrences of the registry value you’re looking for.
- Right-click each registry value found and select Delete.
- Close Registry Editor and restart your computer.
If you’re still having issues with QuickBooks Error 429 after following the above steps, you can try for internet updates.
3. Internet Updates
To install internet updates, you need to follow the steps below:-
- Go to the Start menu and select ‘Run’.
- Type C:\EASYW\NETWORK\setup.exe in the Run dialogue box and hit Enter.
- Select the ‘Restore Missing and Damaged files’ option.
- After the process is completed, reboot your system.
- Now open EasyACCT and answer ‘Yes’ when prompted to update.
4. Using Safe Mode
To troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 429, it would be best to reboot your PC via Safe Mode with Networking. Go through the steps below to use safe mode effectively:-
- To do this, repeatedly press the F8 key while your computer is booting up. Once you see the Advanced Boot menu Options, select Safe Mode with Networking and hit Enter.
- If you don’t see the Advanced Boot Options menu, you can still try repeatedly tapping F8 while your computer is booting up. In some cases, you may need to hold down the Fn key while pressing F8.
- Once you’re in Safe Mode with Networking, log into your Windows account if prompted.
- Next, visit the Microsoft website and download the System File Checker tool. This tool will scan your computer for corrupt system files and attempt to repair them.
- Once the System File Checker tool has finished downloading, run it and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If the System File Checker doesn’t fix the QuickBooks error code 429, you can try running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. This tool is designed to fix common problems that can prevent QuickBooks from being installed.
Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- To download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, visit the Intuit website and click the Download button. Once the tool has been downloaded, run it and follow any on-screen instructions.
- If you’re still seeing QuickBooks runtime error 429 after trying these steps, you may need to uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks.
Install & Reinstall QuickBooks
To do this, open the Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program (or Add/Remove Programs if you’re using an older version of Windows).
- Scroll through the list of programs and select QuickBooks. Click the Uninstall button and follow any on-screen instructions.
- Once QuickBooks has been uninstalled, restart your computer. Then, visit the Intuit website and download QuickBooks and its installer. Run the installer and follow any on-screen instructions to reinstall QuickBooks.
5. Full Malware & Virus Scan
QuickBooks Runtime Error 429 can also be caused by a malware or virus infection on your system. In this case, you will need to run a full malware or virus scan using an antivirus program such as Microsoft Security Essentials or AVG Anti Virus Free.
To run a full malware or virus scan with Microsoft Security Essentials, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Click the “Scan” button in the left sidebar.
- Select “Full Scan” from the drop-down menu and then click “Scan Now”
- Microsoft Security Essentials will now begin scanning your computer for viruses and other malware. This process can take a while, so be patient.
If you are experiencing QuickBooks Runtime Error 429, there are a few methods that you can try to resolve the issue. We’ve outlined the potential solutions below. We hope that you were able to resolve QuickBooks Error 429 using one of the methods we suggested. If not, or if you have any other questions about the Qb error or QuickBooks in general, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for help. Our team of experts is more than happy to assist you with all your accounting and bookkeeping needs.