QuickBooks is prone to error, one such error is QuickBooks Error 1722. It triggers while downloading the payroll updates. This error is also known as Run time error because it occurs during run-time. If your QBs installation files are damaged, this error appears in front of you. Due to this unfortunate error, you have to suffer a lot and it is very frustrating and annoying. Your work will be affected after getting the error and you can’t work. Your system crashes now and then. When you face the QuickBooks Error 1722, you may receive the following messages :
“Error 1722: There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package.”
“System Error Code: 1722. The RPC Server is unavailable”
But don’t worry, it is a resolvable error. We are here to help you out in resolving this QuickBooks Error 1722. In this article, we are going to discuss all the reasons behind the triggering of this error along with its symptoms that will help you with the fixation methods. Let’s begin.
Table of Contents
Some Major Causes of Quickbooks Error 1722
It is important to understand the main causes of this error as this will help you in preventing this error from happening in the future.
- The improper or damaged installation of Quickbooks.
- Your computer can be under a malware or virus attack.
- Another chance is that any of the important Quickbooks software got deleted.
- If a pirated version of Quickbooks Desktop was downloaded.
Also Read: How to rectify Quickbooks Error 6210
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1722
There are several indications that shed light on the presence of this error. You can easily figure out if the error exists or not by checking the signs listed below.
- You may see a message box crashing your computer screen stating the error code.
- The computer will get slow and tangled.
- You may experience a delay in the keyboard and mouse inputs.
- Your system can freeze at times.
- The QuickBooks software will not function properly.
Now, that we know the solutions to this error, it is time for you to understand the solutions to QuickBooks Error 1722 in a flash.
Easy Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1722
This may not be surprising to you, but there are multiple methods to resolve this error. All you have to do is to follow each method one by one until you figure out the correct solution that applies to your case. Also, do not forget to create a backup of your important information to avoid data loss.
Solution 1: Restore Your System
This method portrays how to restore your system to an earlier point. This will help in eradicating the issue you are facing. Let’s see how you can do it.
- Initially, launch the start menu and in the search bar, you have to type in system restore. Hit the enter key.
- From the result that appears, you have to click on system restore.
- Now, you will have to enter the system administration id and password.
- After that, a new window will appear and you simply have to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Next, you have to select the point where you would like to restore your computer.
- Finally, restore your computer. Try opening the QuickBooks desktop and check if the error still persists or not.
If this solution did not work out, you should try out the very next step.
Solution 2: Repair your System Registry
In this process, you have to repair the registry entries related to QB error 1722. Here is how you can do this.
- First, you have to run a disk cleanup. This will remove all the temporary files and folders from your system.
- Now, update your PC drivers.
- Lastly, uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks programs that are related to the Error 1722 QuickBooks installer.
Also Read: Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 1723
Solution 3: SFC Scan
System file checker is an incredible inbuilt tool that is capable of eliminating broken and corrupted files. Let’s see what you have to do to run the SFC scan.
- First of all, open your command prompt. You just have to launch the start menu and type the command prompt, select the result that appears.
- Now, in the command prompt, you have to type sfc/scannow.
- After that, press the enter key.
- Further, the scan will start, till then you have to wait.
- Then, do not close the window till the scan reaches 100%.
- At last, restart your computer when the scan is over.
Solution 4: Clean Install with QuickBooks
- To conduct a clean install, you have to first download and install the Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Now, launch the tool hub.
- Once done, navigate to the installation issue section.
- Here, you will see a green button named clean install tool.
- Moving ahead, click on it.
- Thereafter, select yes if a permission window pops up.
- In the end, the QuickBooks software will be uninstalled and reinstalled automatically. Sit back and relax.
You have to use this troubleshooting guide of QuickBooks Error 1722 to resolve this error. Also, we genuinely hope that we could help you out in fixing 1722. That being said, do check out other articles on our website. They are capable of eradicating all QuickBooks-related issues.